This just in!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

This just in!

seems that our former centerfielder got scratched from his last game due to tightness in his calf. Is this a true sign of things to come for Jacoby down the road? were alot of us fans really correct when we said that this kid was injury prone? I didn't think so then. However, I have yet to hear about one of our boys not playing due to a tight calf muscle down at the fort have any of you? makes you wonder don't it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: This just in!

Not much different from the stuff that keeps ShaVic out of the lineup at times.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

i don't think it's something to be too excited about since they are telling that he feels better today.  Nothing serious I think.    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

seems that our former centerfielder got scratched from his last game due to tightness in his calf. Is this a true sign of things to come for Jacoby down the road? were alot of us fans really correct when we said that this kid was injury prone? I didn't think so then. However, I have yet to hear about one of our boys not playing due to a tight calf muscle down at the fort have any of you? makes you wonder don't it?

[/QUOTE] hey Big D..i noted that in the ST discussion thread..not for nothing, but i think you need to clam down a bit..first off none of your guys have been reported to have a calf issue, so, you have no idea who's playing with what, you know i get the whole Sox fan POV..but wouldn't you rather one of  your guys erred on the side of caution in ST?..   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

“If this was the regular season, I’d be playing for sure,” Ellsbury said.

Still, the main risk in signing Ellsbury to the seven-year, $153 million contract this offseason was his injury history. That history, while extensive, does not include muscle pulls, so the Yankees insist they aren’t concerned.

But calf issues for a speedy outfielder are especially problematic.

“That’s his life,” Thomson said of his speed. “Whether he’s hitting or running or defending, he’s got to have good legs. But I think it’s not going to be long.”

Most of Ellsbury’s previous health woes have involved collisions or being hit by pitches and the Yankees chalked them up to freak things when they gambled on him.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Hammah..ftr..you do raise a fair point..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hammah..ftr..you do raise a fair point..

[/QUOTE]
    thanks "B"...........and ftr I did it as calmly as I could. and for the record, I want to see both of our teams be able to take the field and play a good hard game of baseball. I'm not lookin for any kind of an injury edge here pal. when mlb opens for the first one I want no excuses and no whinning. like the rock use to say.

JUST BRING IT! Wink

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to JoseLaguna's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Look at the weather forecast for the Northeast for opening week. Expect a lot more of such injuries.

[/QUOTE]
    yupper! for 3 years back in the early 90's I was able to get roof top seats on the 1st baseline at fenway for zip. Everything was fantastic cept for freezing our kehonnies off. but still, back in those days you could slip a nice pint of blackberry brandi inside your heavy winter coat and it really did help. anyway, I really think that starting the season anyplace cold is the pits....your totally right...the colder it is, the better the chance for a hammy or worse.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

This forecaster sees a slight chance of season-ending injury before 4TH of July.

A 30% chance of a bruised tailbone by Memorial Day.

A 50% chance of a jammed finger by April Fool's Day.

A 100% chance that he plays less than 90 games.

A 125% chance that a headache or "sore neck" ( remember that one from Daisuke?) by Labor Day.

A 150% chance of a blister ( remember that one from Beckett?).

The guy's a big baby, if he didn't have speed he'd be bagging groceries or parking cars. He learned much from playing with Beckett, Matsuzaka and J.D. Drew. 

The happiest day of my life was when he signed for big money with the Yankees ( not really, but it sounds good, doesn't it?). This will be a bigger mistake than Jason Giambi or Raul Mondesi....because they didn't cost as much.

I'm going to enjoy watching him sit on the sidelines while some bozo making 1/10th of his pay gets into almost as many games.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

Is there yet a poster on the Yankee forums with the moniker of LessPaul who is holding court that Jake is injury prone, is a terrible fielder, and has no bat? He will be entertaining for awhile depending on how gullible his audience is.

[/QUOTE]

2 points.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I think the OP raises a legit issue, especially when Ellsbury is getting paid, what, $22M this year? 

Last year Ellsbury was completely healthy and raring to show what he could do to get that big contract.  But he still only played in 134 games, missing 28.  Ortiz, Pedroia, and Napoli all played in more games.  Nava played the same number.  Drew played just games fewer, and Victorino 12 games fewer, and Salty of all people 13 games fewer. 

I entirely agree with the thesis that the two missed seasons, 2010 and 2012, were not about toughness or whatever.  Ellsbury played in a ton of games in 2008, 2009, and 2011.  But if I were a Yankee fans I would be a little nervous about those 28 missed games last year. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

We are very lucky to have a team of volunteers out scouting the training camps and reporting back to us on the status of all former Sox players. Our guys are not playing very well so far, but we can still get enjoyment out of any problems experienced by Iglesias, Ellsbury, Papelbon and the others. Thanks , volunteers. Keep up the good work. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey, Hammah. As I've said on another thread, I don't think they're going to take any chances with his legs. They're counting on him running around the bases all season.

My prediction...he ain't stealing home in a Sox game that's for sure. lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey, Hammah. As I've said on another thread, I don't think they're going to take any chances with his legs. They're counting on him running around the bases all season.

My prediction...he ain't stealing home in a Sox game that's for sure. lol

[/QUOTE]
    Hi Kim, nice to hear from you. I totally agree lady! especially if AJ is behind the plate. Our guys on the bump will be well aware of Jakes abilities should he make it to 3rd. (which I hope he never does) lol.

GO SOX!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

The Ellsbury injuries were the result of freak accidents on the field. Even a teenager who follows the Red Sox could come to such a conclusion. Yet there are those on this forum who want to distort this reality ( Moonslav).. They want to claim that Jake should have avoided Beltry or not had been there when an infielder fell on top of him at sacond base.

My guess if that such stupid, illogical statements are made purposely on this forum in order to stir the pot.  Their agenda is to  be dishonest, insincere, unreasonable, illogical, as long as it stirs the pot and creates controversy.  This is why the forum is dying and is monopolized by half-brains  such as the Yazzer clan and their partner Bill-806. The guy in Cambodia loves this phoney crap, do you?

Why not go to your grave being a sincere person instead of a phoney troll.

[/QUOTE]

pike - is it fair to say that because of those freak injuries that have accumulated over the seasons he is more apt to reinjure something?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Ellsbury injuries were the result of freak accidents on the field. Even a teenager who follows the Red Sox could come to such a conclusion. Yet there are those on this forum who want to distort this reality ( Moonslav).. They want to claim that Jake should have avoided Beltry or not had been there when an infielder fell on top of him at sacond base.

1) Stop the lies and trolling. I never said Ellsbury could have avoided the injury at second base.

2) Fact: he never called off Beltre. The collision may have been avoided had he done so forcefully. That is the reality you are distorting.

3) Stick to baseball and not bashing posters.

Sections
Shortcuts