This Memorial Day Weekend: Red Sox Nation says thank you for your service.

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: This Memorial Day Weekend: Red Sox Nation says thank you for your service.

Dad & Bill-806, CONCUR  !!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Thanks to all of our brave young men and women who keep us save and to the families of those of have made the ultimate sacrifice for our great country.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

hope you all have a great MD w/e..thank you to our men and women who tirelessly serve our great country and a continued thanks to those of you on this board who have served our have loved ones serving...my continued respect and appreciation... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Yes, now that we have the kind of leadership that the World finally respects again, thanks to all the Academy graduates and armed forces for your service under the new respected leadership.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Having served myself, I feel entitled to say I think we owe our current service members, especially the Army, a debt we cannot repay and thanks which are inadequate, but I offer them anyway.  

Geoffrey Perret's A Country Made by War provides ample evidence that we owe thanks to many generations long since departed, not only to the service members, but to the American people who supported them. 

Washington's first important victory was driving the British out of Boston several months before the Declaration of Independence, and he did that thanks to John Knox finding a way to get the guns captured at Ticonderoga down here.  Many, perhaps most, of the participants in that expedition were civilians, not soldiers.  Great story. 

When the Second Continental Congress voted in Philadelphia to create the Continental Army on June 14, 1775, it also directed Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Maryland to raise several companies of infantry to join the Army, which in fact was the Massachusetts militia who had already been raising a ruckus with the British Army since April.   I say that to remind the good citizens of New England that one of our armed services, while created in Philadelphia, was born right here. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to Re: This Memorial Day Weekend: Red Sox Nation says thank you for your service.:
    [QUOTE]Yes, now that we have the kind of leadership that the World finally respects again, thanks to all the Academy graduates and armed forces for your service under the new respected leadership.
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr[/QUOTE]

You're trying to be sarcastic, but you're actually being silly.  The Administration is only doing what was inevitable.  We're out of Iraq and on the way out of Afghanistan.  Are you honestly advocating we should be staying longer or committing more forces?  Did you want American troops stationed in Iraq without a SOFA (status of forces agreement) and therefore subject to shariya law? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In Response to Re: This Memorial Day Weekend: Red Sox Nation says thank you for your service.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This Memorial Day Weekend: Red Sox Nation says thank you for your service. : You're trying to be sarcastic, but you're actually being silly.  The Administration is only doing what was inevitable.  We're out of Iraq and on the way out of Afghanistan.  Are you honestly advocating we should be staying longer or committing more forces?  Did you want American troops stationed in Iraq without a SOFA (status of forces agreement) and therefore subject to shariya law? 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Max.....thank you for your service.

Don't bother gettting into it....anyone who can take the sentiment expressed and turn it into a controversial discussion should be ignored.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

You're trying to be sarcastic, but you're actually being silly.  The Administration is only doing what was inevitable.  We're out of Iraq and on the way out of Afghanistan.  Are you honestly advocating we should be staying longer or committing more forces?  Did you want American troops stationed in Iraq without a SOFA (status of forces agreement) and therefore subject to shariya law? 

I didn't even comment on the current political policy with regard to use of the armed services in combat. But, you showed your backside when you immediately fired off the talking points regarding administration policies with regards to the use of armed service members.

Now, I submit that the only silliness is a "new leader who now has World respect" using an Academy commencement to proclaim he is that new leader that the World respects. I have no doubt that the vast majoirty of current and former service members do not view Obama's World respect and leadership with as high an opinion as Obama proclaims to them. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Talk is cheap.  Bring back the draft.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Let us remember all those who went before us and led lives that helped to to make ours better.