1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

This Red Sox season makes me sad.

I  received so much joy from watching the Red Sox from 1998-2010.  They were competitive, exciting and worth the price of admission.

Nomar, Pedro, Manny, Ortiz, Schilling, Pedroia - every game featured dominant players at the peak of their ability.

Since 09/01/2011, this team has become tough to watch.  The wins are not as enjoyable and the mounting losses are just depressing.  I find myself watching the beginning of the games and then turning them off when they are down late - this team certainly does not have a penchant for comebacks.  

Over the last ten years, the Sox used to be must see TV when they were down late.  You knew that Manny, Ortiz, Pedroia or Victor Martinez (he was so very clutch!) were going to come through.  Now? The money is on them going down with a wimper (and likely 1, 2, 3 in the 9th).

I feel sorry for this team (if that is even possible).  They just seem miserable and like they can't wait for the offseason to begin.  Is it like this in any other city?  I wonder what Royals fans do every year?  Maybe the answer is that they stop watching after July.

Anyway, I hope that the team makes the changes that it needs in the offseason.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: This Red Sox season makes me sad.

In Response to This Red Sox season makes me sad.:
    [QUOTE]I  received so much joy from watching the Red Sox from 1998-2010.  They were competitive, exciting and worth the price of admission. Nomar, Pedro, Manny, Ortiz, Schilling, Pedroia - every game featured dominant players at the peak of their ability. Since 09/01/2011, this team has become tough to watch.  The wins are not as enjoyable and the mounting losses are just depressing.  I find myself watching the beginning of the games and then turning them off when they are down late - this team certainly does not have a penchant for comebacks.   Over the last ten years, the Sox used to be must see TV when they were down late.  You knew that Manny, Ortiz, Pedroia or Victor Martinez (he was so very clutch!) were going to come through.  Now? The money is on them going down with a wimper (and likely 1, 2, 3 in the 9th). I feel sorry for this team (if that is even possible).  They just seem miserable and like they can't wait for the offseason to begin.  Is it like this in any other city?  I wonder what Royals fans do every year?  Maybe the answer is that they stop watching after July. Anyway, I hope that the team makes the changes that it needs in the offseason.
    Posted by Bigpapa1977[/QUOTE]

It's definitely been one of the uglier season in recent memory.

Ownership screwed up. The managers screwed up and the players have screwed up.

But, they're still the Red sox.
    I've seen worse seasons. I watched the games then and I'll continue to watch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

me too : (

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Kansas City Royals fans probably don't get as disappointed.

They are currently 27th in MLB payroll, the Red Sox are 3rd.

We expect playoff games, they only hope to maybe stay out of last place.

So far the Royals are out of last place, ahead of Minnesota...parties and parades are in the planning stages. Meanwhile Red Sox are trying to stay ahead of Toronto, a team with the 23rd highest payroll and more injuries than you can imagine.

How sad is that?