You can't spin this any other way.  Those are the two people to blame.

I'm getting tired of the media and fans calling this "team" unlikeable.  It's Josh Beckett and Jon Lester that are not likeable.  That's it.  Last I checked, the Sox have one of the best offenses and one of the best bullpens in MLB.  Last I checked, the Sox have had guys like Aviles, Nava, Middlebrooks and Ross step up this year.  Last I checked, the bullpen has been borderline great even without thei true closer and what should have been their setup man.  Last I checked, Buchholz has turned it around and Doubront, Cook and Morales have filled in admirably.

I'm also getting sick of people hating on Bobby Valentine.  It has gotten better lately because I think people A.  Realize this isn't his fault and B. Are starting to feel bad for the guy. 

Beckett and Lester both don't want to be here and the Sox will benefit in the short and long term if they send them packing.  I'd do whatever it takes to get Beckett of this team.  I'm a little hesitant on Lester only because his value is at an all-time low. 

At what point do the positional players (and even other pitchers) turn on Beckett and Lester?