This Team is a Complete Joke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Re: This Team is a Complete Joke

In Response to Re: This Team is a Complete Joke:
    [QUOTE]xdrive, so when the score turns 20-4 and he's got into the 6th inning, would you then be satisfied? Also, how bout your teammates, you like that they are down 16 runs because you want Lester to "hopefully figure it out." Boy, you don't know baseball.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

boy that means a lot coming from you, did u want to empty the pen by going to it in the 1st inning?? Remy thought he needed to stay in while doing the game and I think he knows a bit more about baseball than u do

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]You take them out before your team is out of it. 

Nonsense.  You can't possibly know what out of it is in the first inning.  That's why most managers use the 7 run rule, which is not of course the rule in playoff games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

If Lester did not want to be in there for 11 runs, then don't give up 11 runs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

As if this wasn't foreseeable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chronic352. Show chronic352's posts

If the Red Sox were in a position to pull Lester from the game to save him from the embarassment of giving up all those runs such as having a rested and well stocked bullpen I see why the other players conider it insulting of BV to not lift him.  But, the truth of the matter is both Lester and Beckett have underperformed putting a lot of pressure on the bullpen to pitch 4+ innings when they start!!  After many of those performances when the bullpen SAVED their arses can they honestly expect it every time they pitch?  

Have the players been watching how badly they have pitched throughout this season?  Or are they too pampered?  I think we have the answer judging by their meeting!!  DISGUSTING and EMBARASSING!!!

[QUOTE]Once again another fan who doesn't understand baseball. You don't leave a SP in to get hammered when they don't have their stuff. Lester did not have his stuff and should have not been left in. The only managers who pull those stunts are guys like BV, who has systematically not had the backs of his players, not shown much faith in them, and also doesn't know when to shut his trap to the media.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chronic352. Show chronic352's posts

YEP!!

[QUOTE]WE ARE NOW THE 1980'S YANKEES - THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE LEAGUE....UNBELIEVABLE..........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]If the Red Sox were in a position to pull Lester from the game to save him from the embarassment of giving up all those runs such as having a rested and well stocked bullpen I see why the other players conider it insulting of BV to not lift him.  But, the truth of the matter is both Lester and Beckett have underperformed putting a lot of pressure on the bullpen to pitch 4+ innings when they start!!  After many of those performances when the bullpen SAVED their arses can they honestly expect it every time they pitch?   Have the players been watching how badly they have pitched throughout this season?  Or are they too pampered?  I think we have the answer judging by their meeting!!  DISGUSTING and EMBARASSING!!! In Response to Re: This Team is a Complete Joke :
    Posted by chronic352[/QUOTE]

Well said. Pampered.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Cater doesn't watch or listen to the comments by Remy or Orsillo since he only has Gameday while slacking on the job.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]YEP!! In Response to Re: This Team is a Complete Joke :
    Posted by chronic352[/QUOTE]Fair Weather Fan. Just like I thought.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Both AGon and Pedroia should have been sitting on the bench, tonight. When they see, waaaa waaaa!, I don't want to play for Valentine, give them what they wish for. Let them pout on the bench.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]Wait! This could be breaking news. Does softlaw actually want to dump AG?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]No, I don't want to dump AGon. And if ownership does what needs to be done, they won't have to. A year from now, we'll see where he is with his player accountability and team performance attitude.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]Which means exactly squat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to This Team is a Complete Joke:
    [QUOTE]After reading the Yahoo article, I think we can all come to the same conclusion. This team is a complete joke with pampered overpaid ballplayers. Lester should have been left in for those 11 runs. The bullpen was taxed. Maybe the responsibility falls on the players and a supposed ace who had a stretch of three straight starts of not making it through the 5th inning. Find another "Supposed 1 or 2" starter in baseball who had a streak of three games where they didn't make it out of the 5th inning. Pampered babies.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

It is a joke, but I'm not laughing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Which means exactly squat.

Remember, softy is the guy who thinks the solution to the CC issue is to "sit him down and tell him he needs to get on base more often".

(He also wants the .333 CC, the guy with a worse split than anyone on the team, to be our next leadoff guy.)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Which means exactly squat. Remember, softy is the guy who thinks the solution to the CC issue is to "sit him down and tell him he needs to get on base more often". (He also wants the .333 CC, the guy with a worse split than anyone on the team, to be our next leadoff guy.)
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]I'm trying to engage the guy moon. He actually has half coherent baseball thoughts at least half the time. If he could quit trying to prove he was right all the time he might actually be fun to talk to.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm trying to engage the guy moon. He actually has half coherent baseball thoughts at least half the time. If he could quit trying to prove he was rightall the time he might actually be fun to talk to.

There was a brief time he actually tried, but that was about 3 years ago.

"half right half the time" is being overly generous. He's been wrong (or half wrong) on about 297 straight positions.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]I'm trying to engage the guy moon. He actually has half coherent baseball thoughts at least half the time. If he could quit trying to prove he was right all  the time he might actually be fun to talk to. There was a brief time he actually tried, but that was about 3 years ago. "half right half the time" is being overly generous. He's been wrong (or half wrong) on about 297 straight positions.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]I didn't exactly say half right half the time, but close enough.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]Both AGon and Pedroia should have been sitting on the bench, tonight. When they see, waaaa waaaa!, I don't want to play for Valentine, give them what they wish for. Let them pout on the bench.
    Posted by TrotterNixon[/QUOTE]

I don't agree with your politics,  but I agree with this post.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonismine. Show bostonismine's posts

NOTE TO CURRENT SOX PLAYERS : PESKY cared about the front of the jersey not the back!!!

Time for the ownership to worry less about selling racing t shirts an soccer balls and get back to basics.  Cut the dead weight  and MOVE ON! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

DC has no clue. You don't pull a starter after two innings unless he tells you he just doesn't have it. It does more to help his confindence to leave him in. He needs to know his manager believes in him.

That aside, this season is all on the players. BV has done everything he can to succeed, and has rarely made a mistake, and in fact, has done a remarkable job with the BP, and has several times, inserted the right guy to PH.

This team went into the season with zero confidence in BV. They were still lamenting the firing of TF.
    Now, they have no confindence in themselves to be able to win.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

First of all, this team is a good team, but they are being destroyed by these medias.

I knew they would lose yesterday after the story came out.  Typical stuffs have been happening in all year along.  Once they win games, then the medias write bad things about the club, and then they lose on the same day.

Really why the world someone had to give out information about close door meeting.  It is none of anyone business.   More leaks come out of the clubhouse, more the club look bad!!

I do not think getting rid of players or manager or etc is going to work.  I think getting rid of medias from the clubhouse will work.  I know it is against the MLB, but Boston have enough of dramas!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]First of all, this team is a good team, but they are being destroyed by these medias. I knew they would lose yesterday after the story came out.  Typical stuffs have been happening in all year along.  Once they win games, then the medias write bad things about the club, and then they lose on the same day. Really why the world someone had to give out information about close door meeting.  It is none of anyone business.   More leaks come out of the clubhouse, more the club look bad!! I do not think getting rid of players or manager or etc is going to work.  I think getting rid of medias from the clubhouse will work.  I know it is against the MLB, but Boston have enough of dramas!!
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

The media is causing all of the problems? How are they are a good team when they have a $190M payroll and they are 3 games under .500. Is the media the reason why Beckett and Lester stink? 

Getting rid of players would help. The line starts with Beckett and Lackey. Addition by subtraction. Your comment is a joke.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This Team is a Complete Joke : These are the times I put you on ignore, when you start saying things like this.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Carnie - it makes Andrew feel good to dump on NY when his rooting interests have gone south for the Winter and we are only in August.