1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: This team is built to win in October!

Seriously?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In Response to This team is built to win in October!:
    [QUOTE]Yes I’m an optimist; I’ve seen the best and worst of times over the years with this team. And I witnessed all the improbable losses and incredible comebacks. Yes, being a Sox fan, I’ve experienced the agony and the ecstasy. But I feel that Bobby V and this team will win the ultimate prize-the 2012 World Series. I see a strong lineup with Crawford and Ellsbury and young Will Middlebrooks. And Matsuzaka will be a positive addition to the starting rotation. The bullpen will be bolstered in October with Doubront/Bard. So fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride! All aboard!
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]
     I agree, once we get rid of this injury bug, watch out....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Yes I’m an optimist; I’ve seen the best and worst of times over the years with this team. And I witnessed all the improbable losses and incredible comebacks. Yes, being a Sox fan, I’ve experienced the agony and the ecstasy. But I feel that Bobby V and this team will win the ultimate prize-the 2012 World Series. I see a strong lineup with Crawford and Ellsbury and young Will Middlebrooks. And Matsuzaka will be a positive addition to the starting rotation. The bullpen will be bolstered in October with Doubront/Bard. So fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride! All aboard!

YOU LOST ME AT "A STRONG LINEUP WITH CRAWFORD"

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

The Hunt for Red Sox October is on ... 

One might remember that the sub is most dangerous underwater ....

which is where most think we are right now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Not only am I still waiting for to explain how Crawford will help the offense but I'd like to see your Starting Rotation for October.

I believe you indicated that Bard and Doubie will be in the pen.  In addition, you mentioned Dice K.

So am I to assume you go w/ a 4 man rotation of

Jon "Don't Call Me Ace" Lester
    Josh "I've Fallen and I can't Get Up" Beckett
    Dice "5 Innings is all you get" K
    and the MAN MADE OF CLAY

While your best starter is placed in the pen??????????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I'm all for optimism but I can also see reality staring me in the face. Even if Ells, Crawford and Matsuzake-san return, I still don't see this team playing in October. Hope they prove me wrong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: This team is built to win in October!:
    [QUOTE]I'm all for optimism but I can also see reality staring me in the face. Even if Ells, Crawford and Matsuzake-san return, I still don't see this team playing in October. Hope they prove me wrong.
    Posted by antibody[/QUOTE]

AB ... we ARE fans of the team that lost a 15 game lead and a 9 game lead very very late ... in essence we have to be optimistic or else history will drive us nuts.

Oh ... wait.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Which golf tournament are we talking about winning? Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Yes, the team is built to win in October.

Unfortunately, it is not built to win in April or May.

Or June? I wonder.

But I digress.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: This team is built to win in October!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This team is built to win in October! : AB ... we ARE fans of the team that lost a 15 game lead and a 9 game lead very very late ... in essence we have to be optimistic or else history will drive us nuts. Oh ... wait.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Drive us nuts? That's a very short ride for me. As a matter of fact, I'm within walking distance already.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In what year?

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: This team is built to win in October!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This team is built to win in October! : 2012  Go Sox! Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE] I appreciate your optimism 04, I wish I could share in it, I honestly do.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

The one flaw in your theory is that you have to play good during the year and win to get to the playoffs. this team cannot beat mediocre teams like the A s and the Os. In response to "This team is built to win in October!": [QUOTE]Yes I’m an optimist; I’ve seen the best and worst of times over the years with this team. And I witnessed all the improbable losses and incredible comebacks. Yes, being a Sox fan, I’ve experienced the agony and the ecstasy. But I feel that Bobby V and this team will win the ultimate prize-the 2012 World Series. I see a strong lineup with Crawford and Ellsbury and young Will Middlebrooks. And Matsuzaka will be a positive addition to the starting rotation. The bullpen will be bolstered in October with Doubront/Bard. So fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride! All aboard! Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from august271985. Show august271985's posts

Erratic starting pitching + unreliable bullpen + Swisher-type hitters who feast on poor pitching = a team built to win in July, the very opposite of a team built to win in October (see Texas). I think we'll turn it around and get to around 90 wins and be in the playoffs. But what's the point? We do not have an ace, we do not have a proven bullpen, and we have alot of choke artist millionaires in the lineup.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

we might be over 10 out by the all star game...brutal

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

If the season began and ended in October with a clean slate and no injuries I might agree.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Do you really feel that this team is getting better during the year ? Dice K is a drain on the bullpen even when healthy who cannot get out of the 5th inning. I think Crawford is most likely done for the year as is Bailey. Ellsbury I do not want to even venture about with Boras as his agent. Boras guys always take their time coming back from injuries. Team was seriously flawed coming out of the Winter Meetings as well as Spring Training. Management went the cheap option of picking up garbage which they did in 2009 and the product that the fans are paying top dollar shows that. Management should give the fans a rebate.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Are you saying we are built to win the last series of the year Oct 1-3 @ NYY? Those are the ONLY games we will play in October....period. Being positive, based on the overall history of our team and definately the current roster is....well not advisable. Right now, just end the season out of the ALE Cellar will be an accomplishment, seriously.