1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Re: This team is built to win in October!

In Response to This team is built to win in October!:
    [QUOTE]Yes I’m an optimist; I’ve seen the best and worst of times over the years with this team. And I witnessed all the improbable losses and incredible comebacks. Yes, being a Sox fan, I’ve experienced the agony and the ecstasy. But I feel that Bobby V and this team will win the ultimate prize-the 2012 World Series. I see a strong lineup with Crawford and Ellsbury and young Will Middlebrooks. And Matsuzaka will be a positive addition to the starting rotation. The bullpen will be bolstered in October with Doubront/Bard. So fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride! All aboard!
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]
    This is joke, right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Well someone needs to tell them that the gm's in Apr count just as much as the ones in Sept

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

They were built to win in October.  LAST October.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The recent posts are mostly RS fans, sounding pessimistic when they're usually optimistic. This shows how much Kool-Aid the OP is drinking.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

this post wins the Herbert Hoover "We are today nearer to the final trumph over poverty than ever before" award..

great timing...

this is the worst sox team in a decade - if not more

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Both Baltimore and Toronto look very good (especially their pitching).

Look out for the Blue Jays this year.  I believe that they are for real this year.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: This team is built to win in October!:
    [QUOTE]Remember 2004: Through midseason the team struggled due to injuries, inconsistency and defensive woes, and fell more than eight games behind New York. Theo shook up the team at the trading deadline, trading Nomar to the Cubs, receiving Cabrera from the Expos and Mientkiewicz from the Twins in return.  In a separate transaction, Theo also traded an AAA outfielder to the Dodgers for Dave Roberts.  With valuable players like Cabrera, Mientkiewicz, and Roberts in the line up, the club turned things around, winning twenty-two out of twenty-five games and going on to finish within three games of the Yankees in the AL East and qualifying for the playoffs as the AL Wild Card. And as we all remember-they defeated the Yankees in that epic series and went on to win their 1st World Series in 86 years. They reversed the curse. And we celebrated! So ain't over until it's over! Believe!

Wow - you didn't just compare this team to the 2004 Sox did you?

18-35 since Sept 1

Pedro, Schilling, Lowe, a younger Wakefield and Arrojo vs Lester Beckett, Buck, Bard and Doubrant - really?

Manny Rameriz vs Carl Crawford - really?

Tek in his prime vs Salty?  OK............

Timlin and Embree and Myers vs God knows what????

And the trade you speak of.  Nomar.  Who can we trade today to make such a trade?  Nomar was arguably the best all around player the Red Sox had EVER had.  The comparison are utterly weak.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

This team would kick a@@ and take names in the Tri-Valley league in October:

Nose tackle - Agon
    Ends - Papi and Shoppach
    ILBs - Salty, Beckett
    OLBs - Sweeney, Doubrant
    FS - Lester
    SS - Aviles
    CBs - Buchholz, Ellsbury
    Punter - Crawford

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Look - we had the best offensive in baseball in 2004 (Ortiz, Manny, etc etc)

We had Pedro and Schilling

We had a great pen in Timlin and Embree and Foulke

Our defense had holes and our pen needed a boost as did our bench

Theo had a great chip and I was begging to trade Nomar (although I suggested another starter such as Hudson or Beckett at the time).......it was the perfect trade - OCab, Minky, Roberts......Adding Myers and CLeskanic......but we were just a few pieces short.

In the ALCS I was bummed on Sat night but come Sun AM I really thought they could pull it off.  Whether you believe me or not doesn't matter because even if they lost at least that team made the ALCS.  This team won't even make the playoffs in a ERA when they give playoff spots out as often as they give kids trophies in sand lot leagues!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]Yes I’m an optimist; I’ve seen the best and worst of times over the years with this team. And I witnessed all the improbable losses and incredible comebacks. Yes, being a Sox fan, I’ve experienced the agony and the ecstasy. But I feel that Bobby V and this team will win the ultimate prize-the 2012 World Series. I see a strong lineup with Crawford and Ellsbury and young Will Middlebrooks. And Matsuzaka will be a positive addition to the starting rotation. The bullpen will be bolstered in October with Doubront/Bard. So fasten your seatbelt and enjoy the ride! All aboard!

I'd say! They all should have their handicaps down by October 15th.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

anyways, 2004 we needed some adjustments and Lowe stepped up big time.

the 2012 team requires a complete overhaul

Do you think that we can just aquire Manny or Pedro or Curt or Timlin this July?????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]we might be over 10 out by the all star game...brutal
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I know what I'm getting you for this Christmas - a calendar and a calculator!

We are already EIGHT back and it's ONLY May 5th!!!!!!!!!!!!  We could be 10 games back by the time you go to bed on MONDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

And by the AS break you will wish we were only 10 back..........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

That 2004 team was a good team .. period. They still went 48-38 before the ASB (98 RS wins total), and despite a recent 5 game losing streak, were 16-11 on this date in 2004. This team does not resemble that team in any way. Comparing the two makes about as much sense as comparing any team from this yr in both leagues to that team. Also, they're 18-35 since Sep 1 last yr . It's fair to say you haven't given up, but to say this team was built for October, especially given the state of the pitching staff, is ludicrous.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

...and remember - the Sox are in a 20 game stretch against nothing teams and are being battered by them.  What happens when they go back to playing the Yanks, Rays, Jays and Orioles all the time?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I really hope this is sarcasm !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

So Ellsbury, Youk, and Dice K is your answer to Pedro Martinez and Curt Schilling?  Look I am going to assume that you are kidding........what choice do I have?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I hope you are able to tell us all "I told you so come October.  Until then I will stay with what I think is the real world.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I really hope you're right and I really know you're wrong. But I'd love to say to you in October, dude, you called it. 

Right now I agree with those who argue dollar for dollar we are the worst team in baseball.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TW4069. Show TW4069's posts

The only games this team is winning in October might be some games in the Arizona Fall League!!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This team is built to win in October! : I know what I'm getting you for this Christmas - a calendar and a calculator! We are already EIGHT back and it's ONLY May 5th!!!!!!!!!!!!  We could be 10 games back by the time you go to bed on MONDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! And by the AS break you will wish we were only 10 back..........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

lol...right?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

They wont be playing in October. Ellsbury will help some, maybe win a few more games because of him but to think that either dice k or crawford will help much is ridiculous. You are obviously a die hard fan which is great but its blinded you as to how deficient this team is. The pitching is horrendous and that just doesn't fix itself on its own. Pitching isn't their only flaw either.

The sox are at best a fourth place team but more than likely will finish last with a record somewhere near .500, winning around 81 games. I agree with the poster that says they should play their younger players in hope that they can improve because this looks like it may take a few years to compete for the playoffs again.