This team quit on Francona

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Re: This team quit on Francona

Theo must GO

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xcubbies. Show xcubbies's posts

Watching them tank yesterday, you could see defeat and humiliation on the players' faces.  It must be terrible for them, unable to stop the bleeding.  They must be second guessing everything they do, which will only compound their ability to play. Now, even if they make the playoffs, it will only be more of the same, I fear.  It's a shame because they have four or five of the top players in the game.  The one thing that I can't understand is that they seem to come up to bat always trying to hit home runs.  They seem incapable of being able to build a rally around base hits, except when they face mediocre pitching, when they go wildl feeding their batting averages.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scarhill2000. Show scarhill2000's posts

In Response to Re: This team quit on Francona:
    [QUOTE]Watching them tank yesterday, you could see defeat and humiliation on the players' faces.  It must be terrible for them, unable to stop the bleeding.  They must be second guessing everything they do, which will only compound their ability to play. Now, even if they make the playoffs, it will only be more of the same, I fear.  It's a shame because they have four or five of the top players in the game.  The one thing that I can't understand is that they seem to come up to bat always trying to hit home runs.  They seem incapable of being able to build a rally around base hits, except when they face mediocre pitching, when they go wildl feeding their batting averages.
    Posted by xcubbies[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scarhill2000. Show scarhill2000's posts

In Response to Re: This team quit on Francona:Terrible for them? Man, they will soon be enjoying their millions knowing they have no cut contracts.  These guys simply have no pride. Yesterday was utterly disgusting and showed this team simply has no heart, no will to play.  Compare these bozos to the Bruins of last year to see real courage and a will to win. Terrible for them, no.  This is terrible for the fans.  The future is bleak.  Go Pats!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know who quit on who, but it sure looks like they've quit.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

true dat LD...btw awesome avatar   - maybe the most flawless album ever....still cant decide if AR or the WHite Album is the best Beatles album ever...love rubber soul too

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goffoli. Show goffoli's posts

My son adores Ortiz but he is starting to get frustrated when he dosent even bother to run out groundballs.He wants a new contract start to hustle!!!!!!!! Getting away with it right under Franconas nose!Yes they have quit on him and he allows it !!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tetonman50. Show tetonman50's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, these are major leaguers.  Yes, they're supposed to have the fundamentals and they're supposed to execute them well.  As are the NFL players.  With one major difference.  When an NFL player messes up with bonehead play(s), his coach will be all over him and there will be a disciplinary action, such as sitting out the rest of the game or sitting out a few plays the next game, etc.  The coach takes action.  I have not seen Francona do anything resembling showing disleasure or taking corrective action!
    Posted by RS75[/QUOTE]

Fine this I totally agree with.  If our players don't know the basic fundamentals of the game I'd place more of the blame for that on Theo, and others in the FO who are more responsible for putting the entire organization together than Francona.   I do agree it would be nice to see Francona show some emotion, but are far as sitting someone down who does he replace that player with, someone else not ready for prime time??? 

It would almost be better for us all if the Sox at this point were not hanging on to a WC spot because then at least Francona might throw the dice and just give anyone from the waterboy to ball boy a chance.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SculEsqare. Show SculEsqare's posts

The most pathetic sight and sounds of Red Sox September Baseball are they collectively and individually lost the correct level of respect for the importance and value of their personal character, life, efforts, or achievements; that’s pride at being big league baseball players.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This team quit on Francona : true dat LD...btw awesome avatar   - maybe the most flawless album ever....still cant decide if AR or the WHite Album is the best Beatles album ever...love rubber soul too
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    I love "Abbey Road" ... you're right, flawless. My second-favorite Beatle album is "Revolver," but "Rubber Soul is right up there."
    I've been changing my avatars lately to hopefully bring luck ... but nothing's working. Didn't notice the symbolism of this one -- Beatles final recorded album, walking out of a graveyard, Paul as the corpse -- until this morning!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This team quit on Francona : I love "Abbey Road" ... you're right, flawless. My second-favorite Beatle album is "Revolver," but "Rubber Soul is right up there." I've been changing my avatars lately to hopefully bring luck ... but nothing's working. Didn't notice the symbolism of this one -- Beatles final recorded album, walking out of a graveyard, Paul as the corpse -- until this morning!

Lloyd, bring back the one of your kids wearing their Ortiz and Gonzalez shirts.  If that doesn't do it, nothing will.

Don't think anyone has quit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This team quit on Francona : Lloyd, bring back the one of your kids wearing their Ortiz and Gonzalez shirts.  If that doesn't do it, nothing will.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Honestly, that's when things started going downhill.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

n Response to Re: This team quit on Francona:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: This team quit on Francona : Honestly, that's when things started going downhill.

I remember you said that's why you changed it. That's why I'm thinking change it back, reverse pivot. Can't get worse.Yell

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

[QUOTE]Francona may have quit, I was in Boston for the rays series last week. Sure enough I see Francona in my hotel bar slugging beers. In the midst of an epic collapse and wild card race, thats what he decides to do. Kind of pissed me off.
    Posted by f1502nv[/QUOTE]

i would be upset if he wasnt ounding beers, im sure he is doing his best. its hard to manage high priced talent that think they know everything. he may be the coach, but the players still have the say.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to This team quit on Francona : NOT NOT SURE THAT THEY QUIT..... BUT THEY ARE OVERRATED & UNDER PRODUCTIVE, QUESTION BEING..... WHO'S RESPONSIBLE ??????
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

you are!!! as well as all your theo ball washers. Should have canned this guy years ago. You can add biggest regular season choke to his resume as well as breaking up 2 WS teams

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]n Response to Re: This team quit on Francona : I remember you said that's why you changed it. That's why I'm thinking change it back, reverse pivot. Can't get worse.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Oh, reverse pivot!! Why didn't you say so?
    Done!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This team quit on Francona : true dat LD...btw awesome avatar   - maybe the most flawless album ever....still cant decide if AR or the WHite Album is the best Beatles album ever...love rubber soul too
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    Sgt. Peppers is by far the best.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Magical Mystery Tour

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Don't know why the bad stuff is happening all at once.

But the fact that it is baseball makes a big difference.

Some teams get hot, some get cold.  The cycle is never fun in the cold time.  But the talent is there.

Thing is, the talent is there in many places, and sometimes those other places get going on a groove, too.

The Rays will fade?  Argument all season, and they were certainly fading.  Then the started to play like they should.  But now?  Will they fade a little?

The Rangers started off slow then hit a hot streak ... and the LAA almost got back to them playing hot.

The Brewers started out of the hops, then they jump into a hot streak.

THe D-Tigers looked like a one man show, playing poorly except when Verlander pitched.  All of a sudden they took off.

Streaks come and go - often for very little obvious reason.  The Sox aren't happy right now, who would be?  But a short streak - even .500 ball, would be all they need.

I don't think any one quit.  We know the core group here, they have a fighter's heart and will keep punching. 

Bad streak, yup.  Quit?  Nahhh..

Did YOU GUYS QUIT when you played ball when things went badly?  Did you?  I know I never did ... not even getting blown out in HS by 40 points in basketball ... I never quit even after pulling a hammy in the mile. ...  Really, do you guys quit?  Do you REALLY think the Sox quit?

Can't believe that.  They are so much more committed than I was ...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

The philosophy of Francona does not require players to know many fundamentals. No situational bunting, no choking up and making contact with 2 strikes on you. There should be serious bunting instruction every day in spring training. Swinging for contact with 2 strikes should be required. Starting pitchers should be told that major league games are at least 9 innings in duration. They should be prepared to go 9 innings. All relievers should be prepared to go a minimum of 4-5 innings. Imagine how much less strain the bullpen would be under if starting pitchers consistantly went into and beyond 7 innings. No more 7th, 8th and 9th inning pitchers. Why would a relief pitcher, that threw 9 pitches in the 7th inning and struck out 3 in a row, be replaced with the 8th inning pitcher??? Utter nonsense!
    I think it's called Sabermatrics?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from f1502nv. Show f1502nv's posts

[QUOTE]I see Francona in my hotel bar slugging beers Unlikely story, but if true, Tito needs to go to 100 proof, the beer isn't working.
    Posted by 1958lesspaul[/QUOTE]
    Haha, Let me tell ya. Very true, At first I was in awe. You know, seeing your teams skipper that you've had so much respect for since him coming to the team in 04. The well spoken players manager that everybody should truly love. And i have every step of the way since he's been here. Then to see him, as i stated already having some beers, chatting it up, wearing the ring from 07...Hmm do they always wear their rings out ? Oh and is tito married ? During a very intense wild card race, and a terrible September, no worries, team clearly in the backseat to whatever else he has going on. I just wonder, So Tito.....when is it time to panic ? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE] Starting pitchers should be told that major league games are at least 9 innings in duration. They should be prepared to go 9 innings. All relievers should be prepared to go a minimum of 4-5 innings.
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]
    So the Red Sox should not have a modern bullpen like 29 other teams? One that is not Francona's fault, two it is not 1961 anymore. A good bullpen only return a starter to go 6 innings and have 3-4 lights out guys ready to go. If you get 7 innings from a starter that is more than enough to save your bp, 6 innings should not burnout your bp if you have enough arms.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: This team quit on Francona : Haha, Let me tell ya. Very true, At first I was in awe. You know, seeing your teams skipper that you've had so much respect for since him coming to the team in 04. The well spoken players manager that everybody should truly love. And i have every step of the way since he's been here. Then to see him, as i stated already having some beers, chatting it up, wearing the ring from 07...Hmm do they always wear their rings out ? Oh and is tito married ? During a very intense wild card race, and a terrible September, no worries, team clearly in the backseat to whatever else he has going on. I just wonder, So Tito.....when is it time to panic ? 
    Posted by f1502nv[/QUOTE]
    Francona is famous for not leaving the ballpark after a game, to say he is not worried about the Sox is comical.