This Team Stinks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

This Team Stinks

Anybody wants to add anything more?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411939. Show user_4411939's posts

Re: This Team Stinks

In Response to This Team Stinks:
    Posted by ADG

Bad.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Done!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

Almost says it all

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Crawford pipes

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Re: This Team Stinks:
    Crawford pipes
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

Embarrassing to be sure.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Redd Fox could, but he's dead and wasn't a panicking Sox "fan".

If Redd Fox wasn't dead, and had been a Sox fan, he'd be exaggerating his angst, clutching his chest, and moaning "I'm comin', 'lizbeth, I'm comin'".

Then 5 weeks later he'd be smokin' smooth ones, drinking tall cool ones and strolling along Mass Ave telling all and sundry he'd been with the Sox all along.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to This Team Stinks:
    Posted by ADG

So what!!! You or anyone will not control what is happening. Dam like this is the only team that ever went through this . Move on, get over it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

Nope.

Red Sox paychecks will clear, though. 

Enjoy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

we sox fans definately fell for the hype of this team in preseason. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

we sox fans definately fell for the hype of this team in preseason. 
    Posted by can-you-dig-it

Yes we did, and if they win two tommorow, we'll be hyping it up again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411895. Show user_4411895's posts

In Response to Re: This Team Stinks : Yes we did, and if they win two tommorow, we'll be hyping it up again.
    Posted by bald-predictions

Care to wager on that Telly?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Back to the "Heartbreaker" Tradition. I'm stunned! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: This Team Stinks : Yes we did, and if they win two tommorow, we'll be hyping it up again.

I don't think we will have to worry about that happening.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinjin5000. Show sinjin5000's posts

the truth is that this team just isn't good enough, 2011 is just about over. time to plan for 2012,

what do we expect? no right fielder, no shortstop, under playing left fielder, three out of five starting pitches stink and the other two have stunk in their last two or three starts. 

oh, and don't forget the dive the dh has taken in the second half on the season. 

put it all together, and you get what we have a third place team. 

better luck next year. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Hyping? Really?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

I don't nearly think so....

I'm on my rosary beads right now praying for continued Blowsox loses and sufficient Rays' wins to keep us from total sweepatacious national playoff embarrassment!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

My handicapped nephews buddy ball team could beat this joke of a red sox team. Absolutley pitiful.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from njalb. Show njalb's posts

I don't think you have to worry too much about that! Overhyped, Over-rated, Overpaid, BUT Underachievers

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jh13. Show jh13's posts

they have basically rolled over....at this point, I don't even want to see them in the playoffs as they don't deserve it.  Season on the line and they get their butt whipped at every turn...most of these games aren't even close.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bballfan99. Show bballfan99's posts

this is the big season carl... catch the ball mate. oh Lakey - ya u look scared too like ocho.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

JUNK and more JUNK!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Redsoxfanforever. Show Redsoxfanforever's posts

I don't post very often, if once or twice a year...but I do come to this board to see how other Sox fans are holding up and thinking.  Right now it is frustrating watching the Sox for 5 1/2 months now and see them implode like this.  I travelled to April to see them go 0-6 or whatever it was.  And then they were FUN to watch in May - July/August.  That's why we are so PISSED AND HURT right now, because our fun is gone and we feel betrayed.  I would feel better if they were playing .500 baseball 157 games this year, but they were hitting on all cylanders and were actually exciting to win.  Right now I feel like I have a bad hangover/mix from the old Sox ways of getting our hopes up and failing miserably and between the winning the WS in 04 & 07.  It's a strange place to be.  But I don't know whether to walk away and not get my hopes up or watch til the bitter end.  I too don't want them to make the playoffs with 6 wins this month and get swept by Detroit.  It's not fun being a Red Sox fan right now.  Nothing else to say about it.  The array of emotions feels like a  break up and it's an obsession to read what you posters say, the players, the manager, GM, and reporters.  It's not a happy time right now.  I want this horrible trainwreck to end.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Yesterday it was frustrating watching the SF Giants as I was reminded of so many games the Sox played in September. SF got 11 hits and 1 run(wow is that a record ?)  and Diamondbacks got 6 hits and 3 runs. Don’t need to be a mathematician to calculate their hit/run ratio was 2:1 and  SF’s was 11:1.  It was a tremendous example of the lack of clutch hitting, something that has befallen us losing 7 games by 1 run and 3 games by 2 runs in Sept when in many games we outhit our opponents.

I would not have have felt better if today we lost 9 to 4-5-6 etc. but we got 9 hits and 1 run and the Yankees got 9 hits 9 runs. 9 to 1 vs 1 hit  to 1 run indicative again of our performance lately with lack of clutch hitting.

But, we can no longer depend upon Tampa losing as they have been which has allowed us to keep a 2-3 game lead in the loss column. I believe right now that Tampa, the Jays &  Orioles have more heart than we do. If we don't win at least one game tomorrow, we are toast. The Yankees if they sweep us and they could very easily might allow Tampa to win 3 out of 4 in their series to pass us.  The only way we can avoid that is to win and I don't have any more confidence in us doing that even in the last series with Baltimore. Sorry, i'm just disgusted with this team. In the off season, see if we can ship Crawford & throw in Lackey too back to the Angels for Vernon Wells---I don't care how old he is---and Weaver too. Think they'll fall for that trade ?

Sections
Shortcuts