This team sucks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

This team sucks

Remember that thread from June?  Well the good news is management blew it up and we got rid of the players that had to go.  Things probably won't look pretty for a few years but let the rebuilding begin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: This team sucks

So the 4 guys traded were the only players who had a hand in this past year, includes the end of last year.I don't think so.

If you look back at when the RS won the WS they had few injuries to the whole team. This has been a major area where the team has had issues the past two years. They actually set the new DL injury list this year.

Also when you look at this team it has been the total pitching staff that has had a bad year not just Beckett. If you look at the numbers and not the names Beclett/Buchoz/Lester etc... all had poor years with a couple of exceptions. With even a middle of the pack pitching staff they would have won many more games. He11 with half as many blown saves, similar to the past, they would have been a 500 team. The past two years RS fans were upset with 11 BS this year it was 22 and nary a sound about it.

BTW Bucholz was worse than both Lester and Beckett the first half of the year but he had run support up the wazoo where Beckett and Lester did not.

Lasytly this team suffered from inconsistentcy all year in all phases of the game

IMHO a good manager could have made this team a playoff team. BV was not the man for the job and I said this right from the start of them firing Terry.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I dont think this team sucks.  This team just lack power hitting and starting pitchings.  Bullpen is not a huge problem to me cuz they were all over-worked.  

If we all look at this year free agency, there are not much talents out there.  That is why I think Boston should go after hard at Josh Hamilton cuz Boston do need a power hitter.  Resign Ross!!!    Since the catching postion via free agency have the deepest and more talent free agents than all other positions.  That is why I could say, trade Lavarnway and Iggy for a good starting pitcher, and sign a free agent catcher to share duty with Salty!!

Ben C. should be able to make alot of good moves in this coming off season cuz Boston have plently of money to work with unlike last year!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirbyrob. Show kirbyrob's posts

THIS TEAM WILL PRESUMABLY CONTINUE TO SUCK TOO.... ALL THESE 'SEPTEMBER CALL UPS', OR "AA" GUYS MANY (BLAMED) FOR THEIR EVEN WORSE THAN 2011 COLLAPSE?

they couldn't get the job done either. SIGH .... rebuilding may take a looooooong, loooooong time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Remember that thread from June?  Well the good news is management blew it up and we got rid of the players that had to go.  Things probably won't look pretty for a few years but let the rebuilding begin.

Finally, this season is over. Go rebuilding

Sections
Shortcuts