This team SUX

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

This team SUX

but having those 5-6 games TITO threw away to preserve his pitching staff or help his hitter est earlier this year sure would allow people to breathe easier.....

How many will they lose out of the last 10 games?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

Re: This team SUX

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This fold or collapse is one of the most disgraceful showings ever.  The Blue Jays, Rays and Orioles took it to us at home and each of the teams beat and broke us as the series went on.

This is not a game tough team, not a physically fit team and it is without a doubt a grossly overpaid team. Red Sox nations stinks I like the old Red Sox persona before the Nation took over. This team followed an evil model and tried to out Yankee the Yankees.  Look where it got us.

The 2004 Red Sox championship was the greatest team sport achievement in history we will always have that but we are long way from it now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

There is already another thread on the topic of 'this team sux' .

hmm, wonder when the last time someone said that on this forum?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In Response to Re: This team SUX:
    [QUOTE]There is already another thread on the topic of 'this team sux' . hmm, wonder when the last time someone said that on this forum?
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76[/QUOTE]

No, actually it was on 'this team stinks'...my bad

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DEBeardsr. Show DEBeardsr's posts

This is the w0rst Red sox team in recentT memory. They are like the teams of yore that always  choked  in September.;This September is no different.THEY are a  piece of @hit no matter, how you cut it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

but having those 5-6 games TITO threw away to preserve his pitching staff or help his hitter est earlier this year sure would allow people to breathe easier.....

No doubt the early coast and caution mode started the slide. Unprofessional management comes to mind.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Wait, I see what you did now ... Red SOX ... SOX ... SUX ... that's clever!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]but having those 5-6 games TITO threw away to preserve his pitching staff or help his hitter est earlier this year sure would allow people to breathe easier..... No doubt the early coast and caution mode started the slide. Unprofessional management comes to mind.
    Posted by 1958lesspaul[/QUOTE]

I have been blaring this horn for three seasons.... all those games in June and July that we just wave the white flag prior to game time... unbelievable. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

True. Never coast or caution before divsion is secured. Never just play for second.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I think about May 1st Tito starts resting 2 or 3 of his best players on a Sunday.... doesn't matter who we are playing or how the rest of the weekend went. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Even though I'm not fond of this particular team, I'm rooting even harder for them to make a long playoff run just so some of these "fans" racing to jump off the bridge can look up in midflight. Yes, it looks like an epic collapse. But it isn't - yet. 

What's the rush to turn in the final report card before the final exam is taken? 

I'll have a verdict of my own but I'd like to see how the race ends first. Right now it looks like GM, manager, and injuries are all going to bear some responsibility here. I love these folks who are ready to blame Tito now but never gave him any credit when he won. It goes both ways. It may be time for him to move on, but I want to see what the team comes up with the next week first.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

these players need to rest more during the season, look at the sept they are having. plud sll the injuries

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

They most certainly did coast. The frequent management August word was "caution". Never approach team competition and use "caution" as apparent finish line is approaching, before job is finished. Management decided wild card was a given and division was not worth taking opportunity to rest up players. Baseball is not a game one can play without fatigue and injury. Unless a player is ineffective for a long stretch of time (see Wakefield), risk of injury is never a reason to coast early.

Epstein needs to be fired, regardless of playoff results. He has always used a caution and coast policy in final dog days. Combine that with the record setting value bust contracts, Crawford and Lackey not being exclusive, Luchino, Werner and Henry need to show him the door. Cubs would be doing Red Sox a favor, but being burned big, I doubt Cubs would be stupid enough to contract with Epstein.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to This team SUX:
    [QUOTE]but having those 5-6 games TITO threw away to preserve his pitching staff or help his hitter est earlier this year sure would allow people to breathe easier..... How many will they lose out of the last 10 games?
    Posted by FenwayChuck[/QUOTE]

If this team sucks it takes a loser to follow them and complain  how bad they are.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

lol good point

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Coast and caution...I have to say, lesspaul, you've come up with some good catchwords there and unfortunately, ones that can't be easily dismissed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yeah, we'll coast through the playoffs and softy will say that's what he meant.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to This team SUX : If this team sucks it takes a loser to follow them and complain  how bad they are.
    Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE]
    SO if I am a glutton.. (which I will admit to being).... then this TEAM does not suck?..... REALLY?   You are happy with a mediocre at best product?

OFR are you just one of those people who sits there and makes excuse after excuse for failure without ever doing anything to eliminate your own inferiority?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Jon Lester Sux - This guy in the past month has had his A__ handed to him twice by the Rays and now disgraced by the NYYs in a truly HUGE game for the Sux!  This guy is no Ace  - he's a choking chicken!  He  and Weiland must be getting pitching lessons from Let em All in Lackey!  Doubleheader tomorrow and we pitch Wake - whom the Yanks own - they will hit that floating beachball of his long and hard.  Next game, Let en All in himself!!  Francoma pls start Aceves and follow with Paps.  No creative thinking for Terry and Theo, however.

Yanks will get the broom out tomorrow and the Os will end the agony soon!

By the way, Chen Ming Wang (ex NYY) pitched strong game for Nats today 7 IP 1 Run in 4*1 win over Braves.  Theo, why didn't you sigh him to a contract in the spring instaed of Nats!  Too busy looking in the mirror I bet.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to This team SUX : If this team sucks it takes a loser to follow them and complain  how bad they are.
    Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE]

No..it actually takes a real baseball fan..not a pink hat fan. Real fans can love their team and still acknowledge their faults and shortcomings...pink hat fans simply idolize the players and have not a clue about the sport of baseball.
    Real sox fans have been cheering and bemoaning the team for decades.

I guess that "slow start" last spring is finally coming home to roost..but I still think they will probably limp into the wild card spot anyhow.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHSOUTH. Show NHSOUTH's posts

They do.