this will be our team this tear

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

this will be our team this tear

get used to it this team will be all set after they sign the rest of
    our arbitraters like ortiz and a few others.the sox will not go after
    a starter they will wait for dice k and just go from there like i
    said before sox are 3rd in div.so i will watch the games and be
    glad i love the game so go sox do the best ya can.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: this will be our team this tear

In Response to this will be our team this tear:
    get used to it this team will be all set after they sign the rest of our arbitraters like ortiz and a few others.the sox will not go after a starter they will wait for dice k and just go from there like i said before sox are 3rd in div.so i will watch the games and be glad i love the game so go sox do the best ya can.
    Posted by soxyjim

Please edit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbenton87. Show bbenton87's posts

this is the perfect example of the confusion troll.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I seriously don't understand ppl saying Sox is the 3rd place team.  We have the best offense in the league.  our top 3 starters are one of the league premiers if they stay healthy and focused.  Ben added numerous pitching depth.  We have new managers to change team chemistry. 
    Where are all those true Sox fans?? Root for them to win, not to finish 3rd in division.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cgmiles75. Show cgmiles75's posts

I don't think anyone's rooting for them to finish third, just making an honest assessment. Of course, if everything breaks right, this could be a 100-win team. The problem is that there's no room for error here, and the roster as constructed could slip into mediocrity with one injury or subpar season by any of our three legit starters. The frustration comes from how obvious this is to anyone, indicating that the FO is either incompetent (which they assuredly are not), or are deliberately going this way d/t prioritizing the budget/tax rate over fielding a complete team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: this will be our team this tear:
    I don't think anyone's rooting for them to finish third, just making an honest assessment. Of course, if everything breaks right, this could be a 100-win team. The problem is that there's no room for error here, and the roster as constructed could slip into mediocrity with one injury or subpar season by any of our three legit starters. The frustration comes from how obvious this is to anyone, indicating that the FO is either incompetent (which they assuredly are not), or are deliberately going this way d/t prioritizing the budget/tax rate over fielding a complete team.
    Posted by cgmiles75

... or a prudent-though-unpopular approach that says don't go overpay for Al East cannon fodder like Kuroda.  And there is no montero in the system to go get a Pineda.  Sometimes, believe it or not, you can't throw money at a market and make it emerge.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: this will be our team this tear : U really think kuroda is overpaid space?
    Posted by pinstripezac

No, i think he is market value for what he has done.  But, and, of course, I am just a spaceman and I am not a professional, I have my doubts about whether his NL West workhorse translates in the Beast.  So, if i am Cherrington, I might be willing to gamble on some of these retreads for free rather than gamble on Kuroda.  Don't get me wrong, I think Yankees did well by getting him.  You guys needed to bury Burnett.  Job well done.  I guess I am just ok with uncertainty and possibility for the Sox.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: this will be our team this tear : I hear you space   but no one is expecting a beast 200 innings with an era < 4.5 seems reasonible to expect 2me and should  work  with our line ups I might be willing to gamble on some of these retreads for free rather than gamble on Kuroda. I understand that but carefull about that '' free stuff '' it's not really free if you give them the ball and they don't have it
    Posted by pinstripezac

No doubt Zac.  I heed your sage words.  I am just figuring that there ought to be one serviceable 5 amongst the rabble.  the rest can fall to the way side.  and, even if it is just Doubront and Tazawa for early depth, I think that is ok until Matsuzaka return.  Of course, as i said, this hinges on Bard's succesful conversion, which I can only hope is going to happen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Posted by cgmiles75

The 2010 team had 19 players go onto the DL during the season and four starting position players were out of the lineup for two months. Seversl starting pitchers were out for months also. Despite all of those injuries, many on the forum blamed not getting into the playoffs was due to not fixing every problem by trading for a player of equal value at the trading deadline.

Many teams enter the season hoping that they have few injuries over the season. Only the perfect team with All Stars on the bench for every position would be completely confident.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I seriously don't understand ppl saying Sox is the 3rd place team.  We have the best offense in the league.  our top 3 starters are one of the league premiers if they stay healthy and focused.  Ben added numerous pitching depth.  We have new managers to change team chemistry.  Where are all those true Sox fans?? Root for them to win, not to finish 3rd in division.
    Posted by seannybboi

Sean - unfortunately - some people/fans are never satisfied. Personally, I agree with your position that they have the offense and if the pitching cleans up just slightly, the Sox are competing for the division. I think Clay will be a major factor one way or another. If he is strong & effective and can pitch close to 200 innings, I think the Sox are extremely strong. if not, then things get a bit shaky.  No guarantees on Beckett though. I have a feeling him and Bobby V. will clash during the year at some point. Just a gut feeling and nothing else.

Last year, some were predicting the greatest Boston year of all time and that crashed. Maybe predicting them for 3rd is reverse psychology for some fans.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: this will be our team this tear : I like Doubront ( minus the darn BB) but there's something about that andrew miller that would make me want to keep giving him chances kinda like wily mo but his failures will hurt more
    Posted by pinstripezac

I know.  I am still, though it is certainly folly at this point, holding out hope for Miller.  The dude has all the right stuff ... minus the ability to find homeplate with a telescope ...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

IMO the Sox are going to be in the thick of things, challenging for the best record.I also see Tampa falling back, they will be a good team but won't  be in line for play-off spot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

IMO the Sox are going to be in the thick of things, challenging for the best record.I also see Tampa falling back, they will be a good team but won't  be in line for play-off spot.
    Posted by attic-dan

Agree with your prognostication that the Sox will be in the thick of things.  But disagree on Rays.  If there is one thing i have learned in the Maddon era, never, EVER count out the Rays.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: this will be our team this tear : Agree with your prognostication that the Sox will be in the thick of things.  But disagree on Rays.  If there is one thing i have learned in the Maddon era, never, EVER count out the Rays.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

I think things kind of fell into place at end of year especially catching lightning in a bottle with constructing a complete bull-pen, with Farnsworth as the closer, don't see this happening again.  The Rays, if nothing else, are resilient so I understand your concerns.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: this will be our team this tear :   I think things kind of fell into place at end of year especially catching lightning in a bottle with constructing a complete bull-pen, with Farnsworth as the closer, don't see this happening again.  The Rays, if nothing else, are resilient so I understand your concerns.
    Posted by attic-dan

Moon is under the belief & with good merit that Tampa will be in it because of pitching. I never would have thought Tampa would compete last year for the W.C. And in my opinion, they didn't. Boston gave them a gift and then adrenaline took over when those last 2 weeks actually meant something.

I still believe NY and Boston are the elite of the AL East.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: this will be our team this tear :   I think things kind of fell into place at end of year especially catching lightning in a bottle with constructing a complete bull-pen, with Farnsworth as the closer, don't see this happening again.  The Rays, if nothing else, are resilient so I understand your concerns.
    Posted by attic-dan

Yes, they are resilient.  But, more significantly, they continually develop sick pitching.  Their staff this year pretty much guarantees they will be a dangerous club who will win a lot of games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

I seriously don't understand ppl saying Sox is the 3rd place team.  We have the best offense in the league.  our top 3 starters are one of the league premiers if they stay healthy and focused.  Ben added numerous pitching depth.  We have new managers to change team chemistry.  Where are all those true Sox fans?? Root for them to win, not to finish 3rd in division.
    Posted by seannybboi

Let me be patently clear; we are not rooting for them to finish third, like you, we would love for them to win the WS every year, however given the state of our team right now and the performance of the past two years, third place is what we are until we prove differently, which IMO won't happen this year. Go ahead and blindly woot, woot for our Red Sox as they limp into third again or worse, fourth.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

IMO, this probably isn't the team that 170 million dollars is suppose to buy but, I have said many time that the Theo regime handcuffed this club badly.  The one thing that we can lay our yankeehater hats on is 1.  RS fans are RS fans no matter what. 2.  This RS team has tons of potential. 3.  More players on this team have more to prove, play for than any RS team that I can remember.  The 1 year minor league,low cost players are all playing for a contract and I have heard many on this board say players will play better in a contract year.  And so on, and so on and so on. 

Greatest team ever ? not even close.  A definate contender?  (as Dave Hester says: YYYYUUUUUPPPPP)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to this will be our team this tear:
    get used to it this team will be all set after they sign the rest of our arbitraters like ortiz and a few others.the sox will not go after a starter they will wait for dice k and just go from there like i said before sox are 3rd in div.so i will watch the games and be glad i love the game so go sox do the best ya can.
    Posted by soxyjim

I just can't wait for tomorrow's installment of "This Is Our TeaM!".

How about a sneak preview!

Sections
Shortcuts