This year's June MLB baseball draft - Redsox Draft ideas?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: This year's June MLB baseball draft - Redsox Draft ideas?

Not yet that Ive seen Moon.. Id love to see one if you can locate one..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Here's a link to 1 mock draft:

http://www.draftsite.com/mlb/mock-draft/2011

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Good stuff Mojo! Purke turned down a $4 offer from the Rangers out of HS. Sounds like a pretty confident guy huh. He wanted $6 mil.

He is a premium option for sure but the Sox are not generally the type of team which forks out that kind of money in the 1st round. And the shoulder injury makes him drop lower IMO. 

All these mock drafts are rarely correct but they are fun. Even the one ESPN comes out with just before the draft are generally way off. It does give us a lot of info though about these guys.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

In Response to Re: This year's June MLB baseball draft - Redsox Draft ideas?:
    [QUOTE]I found this on Tyler Marlette at perfectgame.org: Tyler Marlette is a 2011 C/3B with a 5-11 200 lb. frame from Oviedo, FL who attends Hagerty HS. Strong loose mature build. Outstanding defensive tools, extremely strong arm, stays low, flexible lower half, quick actions, on line throws with plus accuracy. Right handed hitter, open bent knee stance, quick hands, pretty short to the ball, looking to pull and lift, shows present power and nice extension out front, ball comes off hard. Top level talent, potential high draft pick. Good student, signed with U. Central Florida.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Marlette seems like the kind of guy they might draft early. Rarely are their best prospects #1 picks. It's usually some overslot signing who rises to the top. If this guy is a good student why is he signing with U. Central Florida?  It seems like he is planning on baseball for a career for sure.

The chances of this guy emerging to be a top player is still remote. I see him as possible around #40 but more likely he goes all the way to the 3rd or 4th round.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Here's a link to 1 mock draft:

www.draftsite.com/mlb/mock-draft/2011">http://www.draftsite.com/mlb/mock-draft/2011

Thanks. I wonder if a top catcher drops down, if Theo will select by position over skill.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Boom,
    Love the young man as your avatar! I was there one day, but felt my job was more important to his future. I was wrong, love him, hold him, mentor him, make him your best friend, let him enjoy a childs game. Dont make my mistake, I would go back tomorrow and give all ive achieved away to do it again and make the right decision! The love of a child cannot be forsaken for the games we play, even when we play a childs game.
    Promise4you

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: This year's June MLB baseball draft - Redsox Draft ideas?:
    [QUOTE]Here's a link to 1 mock draft: http://www.draftsite.com/mlb/mock-draft/2011
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mojo