Heath Bell

Takers anyone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankn. Show frankn's posts

Re: Thome, Pena, Kubel or Bell?

Bell - no need for lefty bats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Bell....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Yup, Bell.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PapiFan. Show PapiFan's posts

In Response to Thome, Pena, Kubel or Bell?:
    [QUOTE]Take your pick, all on waivers today. Jim Thome Carlos Pena Jason Kubel Heath Bell Takers anyone?
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

I think you definitely put in a claim for Thome.  He is so cheap and it is an insurance policy if Ortiz's injury ends up being a problem the rest of the way.

The other 3 I would pass on.  Bell would be the 7th inning pitcher.  He is not as good as Bard and the cost would be too much for a 7th inning pitcher in terms of talent needed to get him as opposed to cost in money.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I would go with Bell. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

easy choice, heath bell. though i very much doubt he would even make it out of the national league in terms of waiver claims. no point in claiming the other 3. bell would be a great pick up for the sox.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Thome, Pena, Kubel or Bell?:
    [QUOTE]Take your pick, all on waivers today. Jim Thome Carlos Pena Jason Kubel Heath Bell Takers anyone?
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

I would claim Jorge (George) Bell, Jay Bell, and Tony Kubek, and Heathcliff Slocumb, and maybe also Tony Pena...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moremo. Show moremo's posts

As he seems to enjoy pinstripes, what would a Thome move to that Yankee squad mean, other than allowing for the historical significance of a batting lineup that features ''twin" 600 homerun guys? Of course, Arod and Thome might be regulated to playing 5th and 6th fiddle simply by way of backing up Granderson, Cano, Tex, and that 1st round Hall Of Fame 3,000 hit machine who seems to be enjoying a rather robust rebound to celebrate the dog days of August.

Possibly even 6th and 7th as Nick Swisher has been getting the job done for many a week now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

It's amazing, but I don't know who those players are. lol  I think I know Thome, if he's a DH, but I'm not sure.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

None of the above. Theo has found a gem in Mike Aviles.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Pick all up just to block one of them from going to the Yankees!!!

Then Boston can just purposely can not work out with one of the team, and they will eventually pull the player out of the waiver system.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I would say Bell and Thome.