Thoughts on beer in clubhouse AGAIN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Re: Thoughts on beer in clubhouse AGAIN

It's not the beer drinking that bothers me, it's that the whole organization has quit in August and is basically rubbing it in the fans faces!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on beer in clubhouse AGAIN:
    [QUOTE]I don't care what the players do when they're not playing long as they perform. That's the problem, when you don't perform it brings scrutiny. 
    Posted by stan17[/QUOTE]

Right. Then get rid of the players that aren't performing like Beckett and Lackey and then these issues won't come to the forefront. 

Pretty simple answer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thoughts on beer in clubhouse AGAIN : Right. Then get rid of the players that aren't performing like Beckett and Lackey and then these issues won't come to the forefront.  Pretty simple answer.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

Basically, yes.  Most of this issue that people have with beer in here is the fact that we aren't winning.  Since we aren't winning, they either want to punish guys like Middlebrooks by not letting him have a beer, or they want an act of contrition from guys from guys like CC and Ellsbury, or they want to selectively punish guys who have had bad games or bad seasons.

None of it makes sense to me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

This whole argument is bizarre.

Bobby V said no drinking in the clubhouse.

Players on the DL drink right in front of him.

The issue is Bobby V is a paper tiger and a fraud.

Drinking has nothing to do with the issue.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Let them have beer in the clubhouse.

only a loser control freak would be against these guys having a beer in the clubhouse after the game.  They don't need to ban it.  In fact - all that does is demoralize the good guys.

Drinking during a game is different.  That should not be tolerated. 

The problem with Lackey is he has a terrible attiitude; he's fat; he's lazy; he's a grumbling clubhouse cancer. 

That has nothing to do with beer.

Lackey could be downing a liter of Evian and he'd still be a donkey.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Yup.  Lester loves Lackey. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Wow -- so many people don't get the beer thng at all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Thoughts on beer in clubhouse AGAIN:
    [QUOTE]I know there are a few threads out there. I'm not getting into Hags or Lackey or Beckett individually, I just have some thoughts on the thing, overall, that I don't think is getting much play. 1) Valentine said, in ST, he was banning beer in the clubhouse. Also specifically mentioned plane rides home. In now way did ANYONE not around the team every day ralize they were splitting hairs and allowing it on the road clubhouses, just not at Fenway. That being the case, Valentine shouldn't have said ANYTHING to that end, ever. 2) "These are grown men". I'm SO SICK of this argument. When they atart acting and holding themselves accountable like grown men, this won't be a discussion. 3) "It's been that way in baseball for 100 years!". Again, infantile, ignorant argument. Let's wind back 100 years with everything else, while we're at it. Attitudes towards women, minorities, polluition, etc. Let's forget evolving and get stuck in one, booze-laden rut. Brilliant. Finally, after all the flak they have caught, all the criticism they have brought down on themselves...they still just simply don't get it. They continue going along, doing things as they have for the pat 3 years as if it's been working. NEWS FLASH! It hasn't been working. THese players deserve every bit of criticism they are hearing, and for reporters to fall back and say THEY all knew about it is a joke. Had fans known about this since that 1-5 ROAD START, I think a lot more people would have been complaining about it. Keep making excuses for these multi-millionaires, that's a good idea. Guys that don't have enough self respect to take themselves seriously are getting defended by the people paying their salaries. It's comical. For anyone that believes in Karma, or higher powers, or anything like that...how can you look at this team and not see the smiting of the baseball gods? It won't get better until the players change their attitude. The players won't change THEIR attitude until ownership does. Ownership won't change THEIR attitudes until that fans do. What will/would it take for fans to finally be disgusted with, and turn their back on this nonsense? WOuld someone have to say "F### Boston", on the mound, at Fenway, while IN a Boston uniform? Because, Lackey already did that. Would they have to record the worst collapse in baseball history? The team did that already.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Why get disgusted? Not your problem... Find another team.What if you were on the team? All the bull your throwing out there  is just that.... Think about it. Let it go and don't let the media get in your head.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" another thread started by Dragon that is much ado about nothing."

ummm that is unless you think there is a connection between the losing on the field and the chemistry in the clubhouse. Or perhaps the hypocrisy of the front office. 

I would respect the front office more if they had said, "we're not banning beer, it had nothing to do with why the team tanked it up last August." But for them to say, "we're banning beer," and make a production out of it, and then to find out it didn't apply to beer on the road, well, that's just one more sign of sloppiness and PR and managerial malfunctions. 

Sorry if some of us expected Bobby V would run a tight ship. 

I would ask you then Pike, if it's ok to have a laid back clubhouse - and perhaps it is - they why was Francona fired in the first place? 

If it's ok to drink beer then fine by me, allow it at home and on the road, and bring Francona back since it was fine with him too. 

For some of you who are mentally challenged or maybe light on work experience, if I was running a project and had some pressure to succeed, I would NEVER allow an ex-project member or one on sabbatical (Lackey) to hang around with the team and drink it up around those who are trying to get the job done. 

It's poor management. 

p.s. last time I checked we were a sub-500 team with issues from the ownership on down. Did the media create the standings and scoreboard? Sorry then, I thought I could see that with my own eyes....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Thoughts on beer in clubhouse AGAIN:
    [QUOTE]I know there are a few threads out there. I'm not getting into Hags or Lackey or Beckett individually, I just have some thoughts on the thing, overall, that I don't think is getting much play. 1) Valentine said, in ST, he was banning beer in the clubhouse. Also specifically mentioned plane rides home. In now way did ANYONE not around the team every day ralize they were splitting hairs and allowing it on the road clubhouses, just not at Fenway. That being the case, Valentine shouldn't have said ANYTHING to that end, ever. 2) "These are grown men". I'm SO SICK of this argument. When they atart acting and holding themselves accountable like grown men, this won't be a discussion. 3) "It's been that way in baseball for 100 years!". Again, infantile, ignorant argument. Let's wind back 100 years with everything else, while we're at it. Attitudes towards women, minorities, polluition, etc. Let's forget evolving and get stuck in one, booze-laden rut. Brilliant. Finally, after all the flak they have caught, all the criticism they have brought down on themselves...they still just simply don't get it. They continue going along, doing things as they have for the pat 3 years as if it's been working. NEWS FLASH! It hasn't been working. THese players deserve every bit of criticism they are hearing, and for reporters to fall back and say THEY all knew about it is a joke. Had fans known about this since that 1-5 ROAD START, I think a lot more people would have been complaining about it. Keep making excuses for these multi-millionaires, that's a good idea. Guys that don't have enough self respect to take themselves seriously are getting defended by the people paying their salaries. It's comical. For anyone that believes in Karma, or higher powers, or anything like that...how can you look at this team and not see the smiting of the baseball gods? It won't get better until the players change their attitude. The players won't change THEIR attitude until ownership does. Ownership won't change THEIR attitudes until that fans do. What will/would it take for fans to finally be disgusted with, and turn their back on this nonsense? WOuld someone have to say "F### Boston", on the mound, at Fenway, while IN a Boston uniform? Because, Lackey already did that. Would they have to record the worst collapse in baseball history? The team did that already.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Actually, what have they done that except hold themselves accountable? I've yet to see one excuse from a player.  They may not be pitching well, and they may not be winning, but these are far, far cries from being responsible adults....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Spanker good point, if they had not banned beer becaue they said beer was not the main issue it would have been more respectble. Instead they banned it like a frat house or dorm might have suggesting the players were teen-agers.

Who on Earth thinks the drinking is a problem, it is the idea that walking around two beers in hand after a loss and acting like a baboon (which Lackey is) shows that some players (the bad apples) are still in the "whatever, oh well and who cares" mood.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]Spanker good point, if they had not banned beer becaue they said beer was not the main issue it would have been more respectble. Instead they banned it like a frat house or dorm might have suggesting the players were teen-agers. Who on Earth thinks the drinking is a problem, it is the idea that walking around two beers in hand after a loss and acting like a baboon (which Lackey is) shows that some players (the bad apples) are still in the "whatever, oh well and who cares" mood.
    Posted by EnchiladaT[/QUOTE]

The RS are playing poorly, so the problem is Lackey bringing someone a beer?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]BV said that there was a whole pile of beer cans there after the game. Why did Haggerty only concentrate on two of them? Does he have a vendetta or agenda? Does Haggerty want headlines or a scoop about nothing? Nearly every club does this on the road. The forum needs some other topics to discuss. This is lame. The Boston media makes me ashamed. This would be no big deal in twenty-nine other cities.
    Posted by FenwayJimmy[/QUOTE]

If Haggerty had written that WMB and Ciriaco were sharing a beer, everyone in here would've thought it was great that they were bonding.

Then they bashed Lackey for not bonding with the younger guys.

Instead he picks on Lackey for bringing WMB and Ciriaco the beers, and the BDC board eats it up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thoughts on beer in clubhouse AGAIN : The RS are playing poorly, so the problem is Lackey bringing someone a beer?
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

It is if he is kicking people in the wrist and straining obliques on others while delivering them...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thoughts on beer in clubhouse AGAIN : The RS are playing poorly, so the problem is Lackey bringing someone a beer?
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

I get it. You defend Lackey but rail against BV. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

This team is terrible. Joe will tell you they are only 5 games out of the WC, and I will tell you the Mariners are only 5.5 behind the Red Sox. 

25. This post has been removed.