Thoughts on beer in clubhouse AGAIN

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Re: Thoughts on beer in clubhouse AGAIN

I need two beers and a shot of Jameson's just to watch one game and even then I they are playing so bad I can't watch the entire game anymore.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on beer in clubhouse AGAIN:
    In Response to Re: Thoughts on beer in clubhouse AGAIN : I get it. You defend Lackey but rail against BV. 
    Posted by EnchiladaT

Not so much defending him as being an agnostic.

A-They are alowed to drink in the clubhouse.

B-They were drinking in the clubhouse.

C-If you have a problem with B, then please see A).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

This team is terrible. Joe will tell you they are only 5 games out of the WC, and I will tell you the Mariners are only 5.5 behind the Red Sox. 
    Posted by EnchiladaT

BV is still trying his best to lead us to the #1 pick.  Currently stuck at #14.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I don't care that they drink, it is their nonchalant attitude that bothers me. Even the annoying Kevin Millar was commenting on how the team dies not seem concerned even one iota about likely missing the play-offs.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

This team is terrible. Joe will tell you they are only 5 games out of the WC, and I will tell you the Mariners are only 5.5 behind the Red Sox
    Posted by EnchiladaT

To be precise, the Seattle Mariners (52-63) trail the Red Sox (56-59) by four games after Saturday evening's 7-4 win over the Los Angeles Angels to snap a five-game losing streak.

If the Angels had won Saturday, the Halos would have been in a five-way tie with the Orioles, Rays, Tigers and Athletics in the Wild Card race, six games ahead of the Red Sox.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

If any of those players NEEDS a couple of beers after a game, they should take a look at their priorities.

Anyone who feels they need to run to alcohol after work (literally, immediately after) to "unwind" probably has a problem. Not since college have I seen so much drinking justified as 'normal'.

Drinking is a representation of everything wrong with this team. Nobody seems to want to stop the drinking, so why would I have any faith in them turning things around? While most of the public questions this team and their priorities, they still tote around beer cans like nothing's a problem...because, well, in their insulated, catered-to world....there aren't any problems.

People want to whine and complain about the most injuries in the history of the game...and apparently, a lack of conditioning and/or a love of calorie laden beer isn't part of the problem.

Ever work next to a guy who drinks most nights? Even "only a few beers"? They sweat. they stink, and they lack energy. Hmmmmm, sound familiar?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Dragon all the goofies on this forum think we are talking about Lackey and Beckett being hammered when we are NOT. We are talking culture, leadership, attitude. Lackey is an ape, I cannot stand him

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

If any of those players NEEDS a couple of beers after a game, they should take a look at their priorities.

Show me one article that shows anyone 'needs' a beer.

Anyone who feels they need to run to alcohol after work (literally, immediately after) to "unwind" probably has a problem. Not since college have I seen so much drinking justified as 'normal'. 

Why is it a problem?  And when would they want a beer if not right after the game?  Would you think it would be better to have a beer at 11:00, 'immediately' after the game, or wait until 1 AM?

People want to whine and complain about the most injuries in the history of the game...and apparently, a lack of conditioning and/or a love of calorie laden beer isn't part of the problem.

Conditioning and being fat are not necessarily the same.  I've seen plenty of athletes that worked out daily that were still overweight.  And I know plenty of people that don't drink and are still fat.

Ever work next to a guy who drinks most nights? Even "only a few beers"? They sweat. they stink, and they lack energy. Hmmmmm, sound familiar?

It doesn't sound familiar to me.  The two hardest workers when I was growing up were also the two biggest beer drinkers.  And that was undisputed.  A lot of times, the biggest drinkers are the ADD types that are unable to sit down very long, and bring the energy to work as they do to their drinking.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

If any of those players NEEDS a couple of beers after a game, they should take a look at their priorities. Anyone who feels they need to run to alcohol after work (literally, immediately after) to "unwind" probably has a problem. Not since college have I seen so much drinking justified as 'normal'. Drinking is a representation of everything wrong with this team. Nobody seems to want to stop the drinking, so why would I have any faith in them turning things around? While most of the public questions this team and their priorities, they still tote around beer cans like nothing's a problem...because, well, in their insulated, catered-to world....there aren't any problems. People want to whine and complain about the most injuries in the history of the game...and apparently, a lack of conditioning and/or a love of calorie laden beer isn't part of the problem. Ever work next to a guy who drinks most nights? Even "only a few beers"? They sweat. they stink, and they lack energy. Hmmmmm, sound familiar?
    Posted by ma6dragon9

We should set up a government commission where people like you can set limits on what people can drink.  in fact why stop there? Your commission could be empowered to tell people what to eat, when to sleep - etc.

You seem confident that you know better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Shump: I have strong feelings against alcohol, yes. It does nothing good, wreaks havoc on the drinker, and effects other people around the drinkers. It's poison in a bottle that is somehow legal because being drunk is acceptable in this country. Nevermind all the stats and facts about how negatively alcohol effects EVERYTHING. That aside, people can do what they want, just don't be so shocked about the criticism that follows. I don't think I 'know better', I just don't fool myself into thinking alcohol is anything but a legal, dangerous DRUG.

JoeB:
    -You know I have no articles proving that, wise a s s. But, for players to defend it so strongly shows me that it IS a priority, otherwise they wouldn't;
    a) do it at all in light of the criticism, or
    b) wouldn't defend it so strongly
    -Why is it a problem? Someone needs to put a substance in their body to unwind, and you are actually asking me why that's a problem? I guess plenty of meth users would agree with you. What's the big deal? Just relaxing a little, right?
    -Athletes can work out daily, and still be overweight, sure. What are their eating habits like? 99% of people on the planet can be in shape if they so choose. I don't think anyone on the sox has a medical or glandular issue like Homer.
    -Ok, fine, it's not familiar to you. And the example you laid out is familiar to me, fair enough. But, ask yourself if those workers would do better, worse, or no different if they weren't drinkers. My own father fits perfectly into what you described, he was a chef in and around Boston for 30 years. He outworked most people he was around, and yet, I KNOW how much more he was capable of if he didn't drink every night. I know the physical issues he deals with now directly related to it, and I'm well aware of how it effected him throughout. He would have been a lot better at work, and stronger and healthier in general without it.

Drinking is a huge problem in America, it's startling how many people defend something that offers NOTHING but hangovers, puking, and blackouts. I don't get it. Oh, sometiems it convinces bad dancers they are good, and it gets ugly people laid. Awesome.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Drinking is a huge problem in America, it's startling how many people defend something that offers NOTHING but hangovers, puking, and blackouts. I don't get it. Oh, sometiems it convinces bad dancers they are good, and it gets ugly people laid. Awesome.

It's a problem, but everything can be a problem.  Forget about substances like meth for example.

Without even looking, I'm betting the following substances kill far more people than beer-

1-Saturated Fat
    2-Empty carbohydrates
    3-Cigarettes
    4-Cell phones
    5-Youtube and FB

If health is the issue du jour, then beer is not the answer du jour.  And I don't think it is remotely close.  I like beer quite a bit, but if someone were to ask me my chief medical concerns, for me to get myself in tip-top shape, it would be less carbs, more exercise, less saturated fats.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Shump: I have strong feelings against alcohol, yes. It does nothing good, wreaks havoc on the drinker, and effects other people around the drinkers.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

What good does milk chocolate do?  Is there anything redeeming in Milk Chocolate?

Nope.  It's bad for your teeth, makes you fat, fills you with empty calories that prevent you from eating healthy things like asparagus, causes diabetes, tempts other people into eating it.

There is nothing worse than a guy at work wolfing down hershey bars. 

Milk Chocolate sshould be banned.  A commission should force people to eat celery.

What's that?  Oh you say that people enjoy milk chocolate?  That is brings some joy to their lives? 

Tough.  They get no chocolate.  No beer.  No cakes or candy in fact.  I think it's time to outlaw maple syrup - but the good news is that buttery pancakes and waffles should be outlawed too - so you won't miss the syrup.

Hot Dogs?  WHo are you, Joseph Mengele?  Are you trying to kill people with hot dogs?  Let them have cabbage at the ball game.

Don't get me started on cheese.  That stuff will destroy you.  ban it.  You want something creamy - have some tofu.  Trust me.

And for the love of heaven, can we arrest the presidents of Coke and Pepsi?  They are selling - literally - POISON. In fact - anything with corn syrup? Arrest their manufacturers and ban the sale.

I'm just stating the truth. Nothing good comes from any of these things. people should be more like machines. Do work when you are turned on and when you are turned off sit quietly in the corner.

If you can point to one good thing that comes from this stuff you are lying.

Joy?  What are you saying that these things bring people joy?  How dare you.  The idea that a birthday cake for a 5 year old is anything other than poison is offensive. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Don't get me started on cheese.  That stuff will destroy you.  ban it.

My son tells me that the cheese that comes pre-wrapped, like 500 to the box, has plastic in it.  since he is usually right about these things (but not right about anything is school), I now ask him if he wants yellow plastic on his hamburger.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Public school control freaks are brainwashing your kids.

I heard some know it all 11 year old lecturing her mother to not buy "Tyson chicken because Tyson chicken is horrible!  I saw a movie about it in school..."

The controllers use alcohol to get people to accept the idea government telling us what to eat.

Next thing you know - Mayors are banning soda.

The Red Sox are striking a blow for freedom everytime they have a post game beer.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Dragon all the goofies on this forum think we are talking about Lackey and Beckett being hammered when we are NOT. We are talking culture, leadership, attitude. Lackey is an ape, I cannot stand him
    Posted by EnchiladaT

It is kind of amazing how many people can't understand nuances and think that people are talking about whether it is okay if they are drinking.

It's about calling an organization out on it's BS about how things have changed.

I don't care if Lackey is doing heroin after the game.  That isn't the point.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

This thread has officially gone off the rails....  :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on beer in clubhouse AGAIN : At least he lets it be known that we're dealing with a Prohibition/MADD type zealot. 'Nuff said. _________________________________ Curt Schilling Deadbeat Fraud Clown
    Posted by bellhorn_

That's how these things are.  People don't get upset as much unless it is something that touches them.  You deal with someone who lost a parent to cigarettes, and they'll be the most vocal about outlawing them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Public school control freaks are brainwashing your kids. I heard some know it all 11 year old lecturing her mother to not buy "Tyson chicken because Tyson chicken is horrible!  I saw a movie about it in school..." The controllers use alcohol to get people to accept the idea government telling us what to eat. Next thing you know - Mayors are banning soda. The Red Sox are striking a blow for freedom everytime they have a post game beer.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

At random-

The single most important thing to teach your kids is to listen to people's opinions, but then to form their own.

In the same week that NYC basically legalized pot, they took their first steps towards outlawing soda.  Big Brother has moved closer in the last couple of years than they have in the previous 50 years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

This forum is to the right of Conservative. Is there a reason that such types are drawn to it?
    Posted by FenwayJimmy

That's because it's sports.  The left-wing types don't believe in winning or losing, because it damages self-esteem.  They think aggressive sports encourage violence.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Thought on beer in the clubhouse...is it foreign or domestic?

Sections
Shortcuts