Thoughts on beer in clubhouse AGAIN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Re: Thoughts on beer in clubhouse AGAIN

In Response to Re: Thoughts on beer in clubhouse AGAIN:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thoughts on beer in clubhouse AGAIN : No, I don't. Please enlighten me. All I ever wrote about that situation was a bad joke calling Mexicans Sundays, and Irishmen Fridays. Thatnks Zac, that's exactly it, beer isn't the issue, it's what the beer represents, the attitude it shows, the commitment it DOESN'T point to. And, above all, a total lack of accountability STILL for what happened last year. Until they either accept what they did was wrong, and genuinely move on from it, or, get rid of most of the guys involved, it will continue to bury this team. The scariest part is I see no sign of accuntability on the part of the players, and no desire by ownership to change it. So nothing will change. It will be more of this next year as well. I guess we'll ride it out until these contracts are over, toiling away around .500. That p!sses me off. People make mistakes, but to NOT LEARN FROM IT is totally unacceptable. Yeah, these guys sure act like "men" and deserve to be treated as such. Players can drink beer if they want. DO IT AT HOME! Or at a bar or eatery. To do it in the clubhouse is thumbing their noses at all the recent failures and criticism. They feel and act as if they are above it all. It's a disgrace.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Timeline:  Boston

27 August 2011:  The red hot, first place Red Sox, fueled largely by poultry and lager, win both games of a double header to maintain their 100-win pace.  Camaraderie rules.

30 August 2011:  the bird/booze house of cards begins its collapse. 

28 September 2011:  Hysterical, rabble-rousing Boston sportswriters - after witnessing the same clubhouse behaviour all year - decide to scapegoat Colonel Sanders, Jim Beam and their good buddy Weiser even though they ignored/applauded the exact same behaviour when the Sox were winning.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thoughts on beer in clubhouse AGAIN : It is totally overblown and ridiculous and I am so tired of hearing about it in these threads....I know one thing for sure, the Sox troubles have nothing to do with someone drinking a beer .... funny how the sox did it all last year when they were in 1st place and they have a collapse and everyone wants to blame beer and chicken....freakin silly so just move on..........
    Posted by CA_Sox[/QUOTE]

Easy solution to not reading anything you find offensive on a thread like this???

STOP LOOKING!   :)   OY!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Thoughts on beer in clubhouse AGAIN:
    [QUOTE]I know there are a few threads out there. I'm not getting into Hags or Lackey or Beckett individually, I just have some thoughts on the thing, overall, that I don't think is getting much play. 1) Valentine said, in ST, he was banning beer in the clubhouse. Also specifically mentioned plane rides home. In now way did ANYONE not around the team every day ralize they were splitting hairs and allowing it on the road clubhouses, just not at Fenway. That being the case, Valentine shouldn't have said ANYTHING to that end, ever. 2) "These are grown men". I'm SO SICK of this argument. When they atart acting and holding themselves accountable like grown men, this won't be a discussion. 3) "It's been that way in baseball for 100 years!". Again, infantile, ignorant argument. Let's wind back 100 years with everything else, while we're at it. Attitudes towards women, minorities, polluition, etc. Let's forget evolving and get stuck in one, booze-laden rut. Brilliant. Finally, after all the flak they have caught, all the criticism they have brought down on themselves...they still just simply don't get it. They continue going along, doing things as they have for the pat 3 years as if it's been working. NEWS FLASH! It hasn't been working. THese players deserve every bit of criticism they are hearing, and for reporters to fall back and say THEY all knew about it is a joke. Had fans known about this since that 1-5 ROAD START, I think a lot more people would have been complaining about it. Keep making excuses for these multi-millionaires, that's a good idea. Guys that don't have enough self respect to take themselves seriously are getting defended by the people paying their salaries. It's comical. For anyone that believes in Karma, or higher powers, or anything like that...how can you look at this team and not see the smiting of the baseball gods? It won't get better until the players change their attitude. The players won't change THEIR attitude until ownership does. Ownership won't change THEIR attitudes until that fans do. What will/would it take for fans to finally be disgusted with, and turn their back on this nonsense? WOuld someone have to say "F### Boston", on the mound, at Fenway, while IN a Boston uniform? Because, Lackey already did that. Would they have to record the worst collapse in baseball history? The team did that already.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

You are soooooooooo  clueless........95 % Of Boston fans are dumb !!!  5% know whats going on....... Thats a fact......................

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

For the media to bring up beer is so stupid. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]For the media to bring up beer is so stupid. 
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]

What's odd is that this is the first time they brought it up.  I assume if drinking on the road is okay, then they've been doing so the entire season.

And this is the first time someone has noticed?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Beer is the least of Boston's problems. 

Speaking of beer, I prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thoughts on beer in clubhouse AGAIN : I forgot the writers name but it was his 1st road trip, or at least that's what I heard on the radio not sure why no one else brought it up
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

His name is Joe Haggerty.

It WAS, in fact, his first road trip of the season.

WHy any other beat writers didn't mention it is open to speculation. I get the feeling most of these beat writers are too in love with the stardom to ever say anything controversial.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Controversial speculation is STARDOM.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArkaSox. Show ArkaSox's posts

“But the greatest love--the love above all loves, Even greater than that of a mother... Is the tender, passionate, undying love, Of one beer drunken slob for another.”
    Irish love ballad

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]I JB U R  doing a heck of a job in this thread n Response to Re: Thoughts on beer in clubhouse AGAIN : redsoxdirtdog not sure if I agree, but I get it maybe we give breaks to those who work out  shouldn't that fat smoker pay less social security tax  than the rest 
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

LOL...  Didn't think of that.  :)  Yes!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The empty beer cans were carelessly discarded by Pedroia and Ellsbury. Lackey picked them up and was carrying them to the recycling bin. The man is an environmentalist. Leave him alone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Here's my idea of a fun time: drinking a large bottle of Old Speckled Hen, and then pretending Pike was the character that Malcolm McDowell was kicking in the head during Clockwork Orange..*singing in the rain...i'm singing in the rain..*....That's my idea of forum therapy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Here's my idea of a fun time: drinking a large bottle of Old Speckled Hen, and then pretending Pike was the character that Malcolm McDowell was kicking in the head during Clockwork Orange..*singing in the rain...i'm singing in the rain..*....That's my idea of forum therapy.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

30 years ago.....  In college.  Saw that movie.  It freaked me out.  :(

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Here's my idea of a fun time: drinking a large bottle of Old Speckled Hen, and then pretending Pike was the character that Malcolm McDowell was kicking in the head during Clockwork Orange..*singing in the rain...i'm singing in the rain..*....That's my idea of forum therapy.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

not ever Pike deserves that!  Softy???  :)  Just kidding.  Not even Softy!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thoughts on beer in clubhouse AGAIN : 30 years ago.....  In college.  Saw that movie.  It freaked me out.  :(
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

Stanley Kubrick is by far the most overrated director of all time...with the exception of dr strangelove (and maybe the shining) his movies are unbearable, weird, and boring...2001 is the worst....full metal jacket lost steam after boot camp scenes, and Eyes Wide Shut may be the most meaningless film in the last 30 years...Spartacus was good but not great compared to other epics of the period...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thoughts on beer in clubhouse AGAIN : Stanley Kubrick is by far the most overrated director of all time...with the exception of dr strangelove (and maybe the shining) his movies are unbearable, weird, and boring...2001 is the worst....full metal jacket lost steam after boot camp scenes, and Eyes Wide Shut may be the most meaningless film in the last 30 years...Spartacus was good but not great compared to other epics of the period...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

He did that Shining???  Wow!  The ballroom scenes make so much sense now.  The Shining was a great movie!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

btw....   Can I have a Sam's while the guys are in the clubhouse before a game??  If they lose, can I have several?  While they're in the clubhouse???  NO BUD LIGHT!  Now that's just WRONG!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Real teammates!  Good clubhouse guys.....  DON'T let their teammates drink Bud Light in the clubhouse!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In fact, NO light beer whatsoever, unless it's a Sam's!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thoughts on beer in clubhouse AGAIN : Stanley Kubrick is by far the most overrated director of all time...with the exception of dr strangelove (and maybe the shining) his movies are unbearable, weird, and boring...2001 is the worst....full metal jacket lost steam after boot camp scenes, and Eyes Wide Shut may be the most meaningless film in the last 30 years...Spartacus was good but not great compared to other epics of the period...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Personally, I loved The Killing....that had the scene that everyone stole, mostly Tarentino. Guns all turned on each other in a 4-way. was used in both True Romance, Reservoir Dogs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I agree about the dropoff after the Boot Camp Scenes in Full Metal Jacket. 2001 was a nutshow, but Clockwork Orange was very good. Eyes Wide Shut was terrible, agreed.