Thoughts On Pitching Staff Changes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Thoughts On Pitching Staff Changes

What are your thoughts on who stays, etc when the injured come back? There may be another injury, but we have the following pitches on the DL:

1. Lackey

2. Morales

3. Breslow

4. Hanrahan

I would assume the first to go would be Wright, then Wilson. That leaves two more when/if these guys come back and assuming no one gets hurt.

Question: Can the Red Sox ship Miller down, or does he have to pass through waivers? Mortensen seems too valuable. Tazawa, Uehara and Bailey are here to stay.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Thoughts On Pitching Staff Changes

No thoughts except that Miller continues to have control issues, with last night being only the latest example.  Last year he finally seemed to get some consistency, but not this year.  Maybe he is affected by cold weather, but that hasn't seemed to affect other Sox pitchers--much.  In any case, I think the Sox would benefit from two good lefty relievers, hopefully Morales and Breslow. 

Assuming Hanrahan recovers "soon," I see five who should be pretty solid:  Hanrahan, Bailey, Uehara, Tazawa, and Mortensen.  For the other two slots, there are Breslow, Morales, Aceves, and Miller.  So I agree with ADG the Sox FO has some decisions to make when guys come off the DL. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

What are your thoughts on who stays, etc when the injured come back? There may be another injury, but we have the following pitches on the DL:

1. Lackey

2. Morales

3. Breslow

4. Hanrahan

I would assume the first to go would be Wright, then Wilson. That leaves two more when/if these guys come back and assuming no one gets hurt.

Question: Can the Red Sox ship Miller down, or does he have to pass through waivers? Mortensen seems too valuable. Tazawa, Uehara and Bailey are here to stay.

They aren't going to get rid of Miller. I think Morales and Aceves could bring something back. Mortenson I would say is most likely on the chopping block.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

1. Lackey

2. Morales

3. Breslow

4. Hanrahan

Miller has got to go IMO. He has always struggled with his control and apparently its still not fixed. We cannot afford to allow him to come into games and blow them like he did last night, not when there are better options in the pen. I doubt we will be able to get anything for him, so I would see if he clears waivers. I give up on Andrew Miller.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Miller can't locate his pitches when it he needs to.  I think when Morales and Breslow comes back, Miller will be traded or put on waiver.  Wright and Wilson will be optioned to Pawtucket when Hanranhan and Lackey come back.  Mortensen will be traded as well.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Thank you Dodgers for giving us Webster.  

P.S. Your team will not make the playoffs.   LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Yesterday's early game ended a season-opening streak of 16 games by Red Sox starters of allowing three runs or less.  Very impressive.