Thoughts on the AL and NL playoffs....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Thoughts on the AL and NL playoffs....

Yanks - Cards W.S.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

Yanks - Cards W.S.

I'd bet against you on that, but I still owe you on our last bet :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In response to Yankenstein2's comment:

That would be nice if Kuroda had 4 days rest for Game 2, but he doesn't.  The other three other teams in the CS will be able to pitch their Game 3 starter in the DS on at least four days rest for Game 2 in the CS and SF could even pitch their Game 4 starter in the DS on four days rest for Game 2 in the CS, but MLB in their wisdom started the Yankees ALDS series a day later than the Tigers started their ALDS and will start the ALCS a day sooner thant the NLDS.  It fits the TV schedule the networks want so who cares if the top-seeded team in the AL is royally screwed.

Kuroda pitched Game 3 in the ALDS, which was Wedneday for the Yankees.  The ALCS for the Yankees starts on Saturday and Game 2 is on Sunday.  Kuroda would have Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to rest - and because Sunday's game starts at 4 PM and Wednesday's game started at 7:37 PM, Kuroda wouldn't even get a full three days rest.

I'd go 
    Gm1: Pettitte - on four days rest
    GM2: Phelps - on two days rest.  Phelps made 27 pitches on Thursday, so I think that would be like his throw day effort in between starts.
    Gm3: Sabathia - on three days rest
    Gm4: Kuroda - on six days rest. Kuroda has pitched better with 5 and 6 days rest
    Gm5: Hughes - on six days rest. Hughes managed well with longer rest in the ALDS
    Gm6: Pettitte - on five days rest
    Gm7: Sabathia - on four days rest. 

If the Yankees won the first two games I might throw Kuroda in Game 3 to avoid the Sabathia-Verlander match-up and allow Sabathia to pitch on his normal four days rest in Game 4 ad go for 3-1 lead if the Yankees lost Game 3.

Glad you are not the Yankee manager.  Kuroda needs to pitch in Y.S.  - win the first two games and Verlander in game 3 is a "who cares" game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My playoff prediction  :)

Tigers over the Yankees in six

Cardinals over the Giants in seven

A repeat of the 2006 World Series

[/QUOTE]

What a shock; didn't you also pick the Os?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

That would be nice if Kuroda had 4 days rest for Game 2, but he doesn't.  The other three other teams in the CS will be able to pitch their Game 3 starter in the DS on at least four days rest for Game 2 in the CS and SF could even pitch their Game 4 starter in the DS on four days rest for Game 2 in the CS, but MLB in their wisdom started the Yankees ALDS series a day later than the Tigers started their ALDS and will start the ALCS a day sooner thant the NLDS.  It fits the TV schedule the networks want so who cares if the top-seeded team in the AL is royally screwed.

Kuroda pitched Game 3 in the ALDS, which was Wedneday for the Yankees.  The ALCS for the Yankees starts on Saturday and Game 2 is on Sunday.  Kuroda would have Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to rest - and because Sunday's game starts at 4 PM and Wednesday's game started at 7:37 PM, Kuroda wouldn't even get a full three days rest.

I'd go 
    Gm1: Pettitte - on four days rest
    GM2: Phelps - on two days rest.  Phelps made 27 pitches on Thursday, so I think that would be like his throw day effort in between starts.
    Gm3: Sabathia - on three days rest
    Gm4: Kuroda - on six days rest. Kuroda has pitched better with 5 and 6 days rest
    Gm5: Hughes - on six days rest. Hughes managed well with longer rest in the ALDS
    Gm6: Pettitte - on five days rest
    Gm7: Sabathia - on four days rest. 

If the Yankees won the first two games I might throw Kuroda in Game 3 to avoid the Sabathia-Verlander match-up and allow Sabathia to pitch on his normal four days rest in Game 4 ad go for 3-1 lead if the Yankees lost Game 3.

Glad you are not the Yankee manager.  Kuroda needs to pitch in Y.S.  - win the first two games and Verlander in game 3 is a "who cares" game.

[/QUOTE]

I would start Pettite Gm 1, Phelps Gm 2, If Yanks are down 2-0, Sabathia Gm 3, otherwise, Kuroda or Hughes Gm 3 and Sabathia Gm 4, Gm 5/6 TBD, and if there is a Game 7, Sabathia

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yanks - Cards W.S.

I'd bet against you on that, but I still owe you on our last bet :)

[/QUOTE]

Hey....You owe me as well monsieur...Going to have to get it out of your hide somehow now that sig lines seem like a technological miracle....

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Yanks will face all right handed starters this series which plays into their offensive strengths

Except ARod

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Yanks will face all right handed starters this series which plays into their offensive strengths

Hope someone tells Arod.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Very good chance of that especially with CC possible only pitching one game and even a better chance if they pitch him more but on less rest. It should be fun to watch regardless of the outcome.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Just start a new post. If he starts ARod, it's for fear of losing him this yr completely; which, IMO he appears to already have.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

Thanks, but this doesn't highlight your post?

[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you're talking about, but if you want bold, highlight the text you want highlighted and select B at the window bottom. I believe otherwise (i.e, not sure of your question) this highlighting of others only occurs after the 1st quote. Alternatively, I don't understand your question.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The question is:  Will the Tiger hurlers be able to keep the baseball out of the short right field porch seats?   Right handed pitching vs. New York's left hand hitters is a challenging task, to say the least.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Shaping up to be 1964 WS all over again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] though it's short rest, Kuroda's been named the G2 starter..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think it is the right move. Only time will tell.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kuroda in general does not do well on short rest

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If this is the first time he is pitching on short rest, then how can you make this statement?

[/QUOTE]

Kuroda in general does not do well on short rest

[/QUOTE]

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

I expect Cabrera will be getting a lot of free passes in this series....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What a shock; didn't you also pick the Os?

[/QUOTE]

You have a very good memory.   :)

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Since he has returned from the DL, I keep thinking Pettitte will get clobbered in the first inning...