Thoughts on the AL and NL playoffs....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Re: Thoughts on the AL and NL playoffs....

Nice job by Andy...Big inning to get by the heavy lumber...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Andy took a year off and can still pitch.  Quite impressive. 

As a Red Sox fan, Andy is one of the very few Yankees I like and respect.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Is Prince Fielder really a vegetarian?  He looks so fat.  LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Bases are loaded and A-Rod is up to bat.................................

......................and the Yankees do not score. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Bases are loaded and A-Rod is up to bat.................................

......................and the Yankees do not score. 

So there is justice

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Replay showed Cano was safe, and Ernie Johnson confirmed it...So much for the Yankee umpiring  conspiracy...That missed call cost the Yanks a run and ended a bases loaded inning...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

8PM start times ... baseball still has its head up its azz. Have they actaully ever tried 6PM start times or 1PM start times for the ALCS or NLCS in modern times?  Most people don't watch more than a few innings and everyone goes to bed without knowing who will win until morning.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Tigers with a 4-0 lead in the 8th...If the result holds up, and it probably will, this is a huge win for Detroit, especially with Verlander pitching 2 games yet to be played...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

is it me or is delmon young alot rounder than before?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Who in the hell would stay up till 1AM to watch this?  Again you go to bed thinking okay Tigers are gonna win and the most exciting part of the game is only now being played. Had the game started at 6PM everyone could have enjoyed it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to jete02fan's comment:

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

If the Yankees won the first two games I might throw Kuroda in Game 3 to avoid the Sabathia-Verlander match-up and allow Sabathia to pitch on his normal four days rest in Game 4 ad go for 3-1 lead if the Yankees lost Game 3.

Glad you are not the Yankee manager.  Kuroda needs to pitch in Y.S.  - win the first two games and Verlander in game 3 is a "who cares" game.

though it's short rest, Kuroda's been named the G2 starter..

Kuroda in general does not do well on short rest

Couple that with a bullpen that got plenty of work last night and one might want to revisit todays starter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Detroit's closer is as horrible as Dice-K. 

Dotel should be the new closer for the Tigers. 

Detroit's closer blew a three-run lead in game 4 of the ALDS vs. the A's and then last night he blew a four-run lead vs. the Yankees. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

At this point, it doesn't matter. Unless Cano, Granderson, A-Rod, Swish and Tex are jolted to reality by Jeter's injury, this will now turn into a sweep. The Yankeees have to bludgeon the Tigers into submission now and maybe Jeter's injury is the spark that does this. It certainly rules out the benching of A-Rod and Granderson which I was calling for last night. And the reality is Cano has been the worst so far these playoffs.

One thing is for sure, Granderson, and Swish have played themselves out of any big long term contract and Cano is getting slapped with reality as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

At this point, it doesn't matter. Unless Cano, Granderson, A-Rod, Swish and Tex are jolted to reality by Jeter's injury, this will now turn into a sweep. The Yankeees have to bludgeon the Tigers into submission now and maybe Jeter's injury is the spark that does this. It certainly rules out the benching of A-Rod and Granderson which I was calling for last night. And the reality is Cano has been the worst so far these playoffs.

One thing is for sure, Granderson, and Swish have played themselves out of any big long term contract and Cano is getting slapped with reality as well.

I fully agree with you.

Cano has been batting 2 for 28 in the playoffs. 

Last night, the Yankees had the bases loaded twice and did not score a single run. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

You needed this PS to realize Swisher's abilities in the PS? I would bench him, & ARod also. You have to play Granderson & Cano. At the very least, I would reconfigure the lineup so that the "3 PS Amigos" don't get up in succession to kill rally after rally

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:

8PM start times ... baseball still has its head up its azz. Have they actaully ever tried 6PM start times or 1PM start times for the ALCS or NLCS in modern times?  Most people don't watch more than a few innings and everyone goes to bed without knowing who will win until morning.

I have a suggestion:  since the Yankees do basically nothing for the first 6 innings anyway, let's just start all the games in the 7th inning and then we can get them over in a reasonable time even when they go extra innings.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:

First, of all, it struck me that the Reds fans were not exactly the most exuberant bunch earlier this evening. especially given the lead they had going in tonight....The A's fans were, by contrast, pretty juiced, especially given their team's 2-0 deficit...And the Oakland Mausoleum was not half-empty for a change...If the Yanks don't make it, and I still think they will fall short barring an A-Rod-Swisher-Tex rebirth in the post-season, the A's are a fun team to root for....And  they completely shut down the Tigers' offense tonight....

The Cards have momentum and a lot of players who have come up big for them again this season, like years past.  They also have a good manager and catcher I would love to have.  The Giants also have momentum, a good manager and are capable of ending the Cards PS run if their top pitchers like Cain and Lincecum pitch well.  Both teams also split the season series so it should be a good one to watch.

The Yankees to their credit, I feel have had another season full of unexpected hero's.  It seems to happen more than not with this club but they get it done.  The Tigers in my opinion have better pitching this season, along with more offense than in 06 when they beat the Yanks in the ALCS.  I won't count the Yankees out but the Tigers can take this series.

I would like to see a Tiger/Giants WS!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

My feeling is that it would be tough for Yanks to even take 2 games from Detroit and lose the series 4-2. Detroit has couple of uber stars at their peaks and half a dozen budding stars ready to break through and reach new heights. They are hungry and it is their time.

Yanks have rag tag group thrown together made up of aging warriors.....Expendables......Space Cowboys.....comes to mind. There are no budding stars, only stars flickering their final bright light. The couple of ring-less ones are showing hunger but their efforts are not enough. The ones that always fade away in the bright lights of post season, already have. The fact Captain of the ship went down is a message sent by father time.

As for A-Rod, I am convinced he is victim of larger scheme. 

Yanks saw how Boston got rid of 250 million dollars and unproductive stars and got young talent in return and payroll flexibility to reload in a hurry, and they want to do the same. They want to take advantage of A-Rod's fragile state of mind, and embarrass and humiliate him enough that he would ok a trade. What Yanks are miscalculating is that no one would take his whole salary off their hands, and unlike Boston, they won't be getting young talent back and would be lucky to get even a useful veteran.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

You needed this PS to realize Swisher's abilities in the PS? I would bench him, & ARod also. You have to play Granderson & Cano. At the very least, I would reconfigure the lineup so that the "3 PS Amigos" don't get up in succession to kill rally after rally

I've never been a big fan of Swisher, Ichiro would have had both of those muffs Swisher made last night.

I've always felt he was over rated as an outfielder, slow, runs the wrong route to the ball, weak throwing arm, and misses the cut-off man more than not, other than that he's a good outfielder.

Swisher's problem has always been it's a homerun or nothing.

He has to rely on the pitcher making a mistake, a bad pitch that he can pull and drive which rarely happens in the post season when all you see is decent pitching.

Which is why he never hits in the post season. If he would try to go with what the pitcher gives you and go with the pitch not trying to pull it in most cases it would at least deliver a hit and an RBI.

Next season Ichiro in Rf, Gardner in Lf. Let another team give Swisher the big money he wants.

Yankees have some decent outfielders in the minors working their way up, Mason Williams, Slade Heathcott and Tyler Austin.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

I've never been a big fan of Swisher, Ichiro would have had both of those muffs Swisher made last night.

I've always felt he was over rated as an outfielder, slow, runs the wrong route to the ball, weak throwing arm, and misses the cut-off man more than not, other than that he's a good outfielder.

Swisher's problem has always been it's a homerun or nothing.

He has to rely on the pitcher making a mistake, a bad pitch that he can pull and drive which rarely happens in the post season when all you see is decent pitching.

Which is why he never hits in the post season. If he would try to go with what the pitcher gives you and go with the pitch not trying to pull it in most cases it would at least deliver a hit and an RBI.

Next season Ichiro in Rf, Gardner in Lf. Let another team give Swisher the big money he wants.

Yankees have some decent outfielders in the minors working their way up, Mason Williams, Slade Heathcott and Tyler Austin.

If he played in AAA, he would hit 100 HRs; he's a good mistake hitter, but cannot hit good pitching

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

It is most likely over for the Yanks now...Down 3-0 in the 8th....But I am proud about how this offensively challenged team played down the stretch...It was exciting comeback baseball, and fun to watch...A lot of cool memories from this season...I think the Tigers now will take either the Giants or the Cards...An exciting season of baseball still has to play out...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

AROD gets it started!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Never mind!

Sections
Shortcuts