Thoughts on the AL and NL playoffs....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Thoughts on the AL and NL playoffs....

Watching the pitching duel today brings to mind the failures of our front office. The Yankees acquire a guy like Kuroda, and the Tigers deal for Sanchez. We acquire a guy like Cook and deal for Stewart. We are not a small market team. We need to  do a better job of evaluating talent and make better decisions.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Yankenstein2's comment:

Yankees need to go 4-1 in next 5 games. Still doable.

Not with that hitting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

At this point, it doesn't matter. Unless Cano, Granderson, A-Rod, Swish and Tex are jolted to reality by Jeter's injury, this will now turn into a sweep. The Yankeees have to bludgeon the Tigers into submission now and maybe Jeter's injury is the spark that does this. It certainly rules out the benching of A-Rod and Granderson which I was calling for last night. And the reality is Cano has been the worst so far these playoffs.

One thing is for sure, Granderson, and Swish have played themselves out of any big long term contract and Cano is getting slapped with reality as well.

I fully agree with you.

Cano has been batting 2 for 28 in the playoffs. 

Last night, the Yankees had the bases loaded twice and did not score a single run. 

I agree with both of you.  Not sure what happened to the Yankees offense, but most of them are struggling.  They need a few key hits when players are on base. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Since I live in the DC area I see lots of Sox games at Camden Yards.  I'm sooo glad the O's lost.  They HATE sox fans and are very rude.  The yank fans I met at Fenway and the old Yank stadium were much more polite than some of the O's fans.

I hoped the A's would win but now that they lost I don't have a favorite.  As long as the yanks lose I'm happy!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

What kills me is that in game 1, umpires made questionale out calls in the first two innings that were not even rexamined by the networks in slow motion. Not that it makes a difference.

Umpires make mistakes - life is tough - get over it. So much for Kim's theory that NY owns MLB umpires.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

maybe it didnt matter,but it still is wrong

with that putrid offense, they would have lost 1-0 anyway...this is a giant fold in progress :(

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Not only is it wrong, imo it did matter. Down 1 run as opposed to being down 3.

That's baseball and one cannot argue the fact the yanks have benefited numerous times in the past with missed calls.

Series isn't over yet. Close for sure.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

Not only is it wrong, imo it did matter. Down 1 run as opposed to being down 3.

That's baseball and one cannot argue the fact the yanks have benefited numerous times in the past with missed calls.

Series isn't over yet. Close for sure.

they had NO kick coming last night....they got beat...time to deal Yankee fans...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

with that putrid offense, they would have lost 1-0 anyway...this is a giant fold in progress :(

Comical is more like it, especially with the 3 Amigos

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Not with Verlander going in game three.  

The Yankees are as done as the North Korean regime.  It's only a matter of time.  lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Not with Verlander going in game three.  

The Yankees are as done as the North Korean regime.  It's only a matter of time.  lol

Except the North Korean regime is still going, and shall for a while

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Looking at Girardi's Gm 2 Lineup; it seems like he would like to bat all 3 Amigos (and others) 9th.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Cano needs to shoulder the burden more than anyone else for this failure.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

Cano needs to shoulder the burden more than anyone else for this failure.

Cano was on fire coming into the postseason. He along with CC are the MVP's on the team. Zac asked me a few years back when Dustin won the league MVP who I would rather have.  It was a no brainer than and now. CANO. All I can say is he's human.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

As badly as they hit in game 1, it almost seemed like the Yanks collectively packed it in in Game 2.  I know that is not technically true, but I suspect the Jeter injury hurt the team morale more significantly than it might appear.  That should not be the case with well-paid ballplayers, but Anibal Sanchez is no Verlander or CC, as good as a game as he pitched...I will be very shocked if the Yanks win 2 games in  Detroit, given how offensively challenged this team has been in the post-season...My only hope is that this ALCS debacle spurs Steingrabber and company to put up the dough necessary to sign Josh Hamilton, as long-to-medium a shot as that could be ...Flawed as he may be, he could put up monster numbers in the new Yankee Stadium. If they add Hamilton and another decent starter, and if an adequate Pineda joins Mariano in his Yankee return, the prognosis for 2013 will be much brighter, and would help make up for such a terrible finish...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

How about this stat? ARod vs RHP in PS; 0-18 with 12 Ks!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Nice win the Giants last night.  I would definitely like to see them advance instead of St Louis.  Although, both of the NL teams just won the World Series in the last two years.  I really don't want to see either of them win the World Series this year, since they just won recently. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:

As badly as they hit in game 1, it almost seemed like the Yanks collectively packed it in in Game 2.  I know that is not technically true, but I suspect the Jeter injury hurt the team morale more significantly than it might appear.  That should not be the case with well-paid ballplayers, but Anibal Sanchez is no Verlander or CC, as good as a game as he pitched...I will be very shocked if the Yanks win 2 games in  Detroit, given how offensively challenged this team has been in the post-season...My only hope is that this ALCS debacle spurs Steingrabber and company to put up the dough necessary to sign Josh Hamilton, as long-to-medium a shot as that could be ...Flawed as he may be, he could put up monster numbers in the new Yankee Stadium. If they add Hamilton and another decent starter, and if an adequate Pineda joins Mariano in his Yankee return, the prognosis for 2013 will be much brighter, and would help make up for such a terrible finish...

Steingrabber

what the heck does that  mean

I still expect tonight's game to be very competitive and the Yankees should have a good chance of winning.  Despite the fact that Verlander is pitching. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:

Steingrabber

what the heck does that  mean

A failed attempt at humor would be my best guess.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts