Thoughts on the AL and NL playoffs....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Thoughts on the AL and NL playoffs....

First, of all, it struck me that the Reds fans were not exactly the most exuberant bunch earlier this evening. especially given the lead they had going in tonight....The A's fans were, by contrast, pretty juiced, especially given their team's 2-0 deficit...And the Oakland Mausoleum was not half-empty for a change...If the Yanks don't make it, and I still think they will fall short barring an A-Rod-Swisher-Tex rebirth in the post-season, the A's are a fun team to root for....And  they completely shut down the Tigers' offense tonight....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Thoughts on the AL and NL playoffs....

The Athletics played a very good game last night and have been playing good baseball lately.  Just not sure that they can win 3 games in a row.  That is difficult for any team.  I expect the Yankees to win their series since they are playing in New York, but anything is possible.  I still want to see the Nationals advance, but they looked horrible in their last game.  Additionally, I don't want to see St. Louis advance since they just won last year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Athletics played a very good game last night and have been playing good baseball lately.  Just not sure that they can win 3 games in a row.  That is difficult for any team.  I expect the Yankees to win their series since they are playing in New York, but anything is possible.  I still want to see the Nationals advance, but they looked horrible in their last game.  Additionally, I don't want to see St. Louis advance since they just won last year. 

[/QUOTE]The A's took the last 3 games of the regular season against Texas. IMO they have the next best starting staff to Tampa. Beating Verlander in game 5 if it goes that far would be a feat. As for the Yankees I like the O's starter tonight and wonder about Hughes in a pressure game 4 should NY lose tonight. If the series goes the distance I like CC in game 5.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

The Reds are awfully good, still don't get why Strasburg isn't pitching, that catch by Coco was one the best I've ever seen in the postseason, and (last but not least) GO BALTIMORE!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The A's swept a key three-game series vs. the Rangers to win the AL West.

The A's became the first team in MLB history to overcome a five-game deficit in their division with less than ten games to go.

I would not be surprised if they eliminate the Tigers.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Reds are awfully good, still don't get why Strasburg isn't pitching, that catch by Coco was one the best I've ever seen in the postseason, and (last but not least) GO BALTIMORE!!!

[/QUOTE]

An amazing catch by Crisp.  I thought Fielder had hit a homer.  

That play really got the A's going.  

Coco's play should be in Moneyball Part II.   lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

My picks   :)

A's over the Tigers

O's over the Yankees

Giants over the Reds

Cardinals over the Nationals

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

A's will not get these three games comeback wins to win the series.  Detriot will finish it off today.

NL = all four teams care capable to go to WS.  Nats may be the least team getting to the WS due they shut down Strasburg.  Think that is Nats's biggest mistake.  

Reds and Cardinals have better offense and pitchings than their opponent.  

Al = Yankees vs Tigers.  Hopefully Tigers wins today and Yankees goes to five games where the Yankees could get their rotation all messed up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A's over the Tigers

O's over the Yankees

Giants over the Reds

Cardinals over the Nationals...

[/QUOTE] you're well on  your way with that one :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A's over the Tigers

O's over the Yankees

Giants over the Reds

Cardinals over the Nationals...

[/QUOTE] you're well on  your way with that one :)

[/QUOTE]
    Disappointed to see the Nationals lose again.  They were one of the best if not the best team in the regular season. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

no matter what side you fall on the issue, if they get bounced, the Nats' Strasburg decision is gonna get beat to death 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

What I notice is the success of foreign free agents like Chapman , Cespedes and Darvish.  The Sox were not in on the bidding for them and others due to the maxed out payroll.  Let's see if that situation changes now.  As for predictions ; I am pulling for Oakland , but my head and experience tells me that the Yankees are going to be very tough to stop.  None of the other teams in it has a lineup even close to matching the Yankees.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

I'm thinking A's Yanks in the ALCS. Of course I'll be cheering for the A's.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm thinking A's Yanks in the ALCS. Of course I'll be cheering for the A's.

[/QUOTE]

That was my pick, but I had the A's beating the Yanks, and then the A's over the Nats in the WS...But the Nats are looking ripe for the taking now....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Gonzalez dominating the Yanks again tonight, and they are already down 1-0...Probably going to be a long night for the Bronx Bomblets...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I predicted a Reds vs Tigers WS, But I am rooting for the A's...Love the enthusiasm those guys have...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

For the record, I was one of those Yankee fans who wanted Ibanez to disappear after his spring training travails with  the Yanks...What  a  clutch year he has had and what an amazing playoff performance he put on tonight off the bench...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For the record, I was one of those Yankee fans who wanted Ibanez to disappear after his spring training travails with  the Yanks...What  a  clutch year he has had and what an amazing playoff performance he put on tonight off the bench...

[/QUOTE]
    He was the difference maker in last night's game.  He will be playing more often for Arod if Arod continues to struggle. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

no more Johnson closing the games for this series!!  He blew it twice.....that is enough!!!

Maybe Orioles manager should have let Gonzelez to pitched the whole game!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    He was the difference maker in last night's game.  He will be playing more often for Arod if Arod continues to struggle. 

[/QUOTE]Actually Chavez or Nunez will get more playing time if Arod struggles continue. Ibanez will DH against righties and probably Jones against lefties. Yesterday I posted that Chavez should start at 3rd. which he did and Ibanez should be the DH. Arod was the DH and finally in the 9th. inning the light went on in little joe's head and Ibanez was sent up to PH for Arod. That said the Yanks somehow need to see if they can jump start Arod. Tonight might be a good time to put Arod in the starting lineup since they have game 5 and CC to fall back on.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I predicted a repeat of 1989--- A's vs. Giants in the World Series.

The A's were down 3-1 in the 9th and then scored three runs to win the game.  It was the A's 15th walk-off win this season.  

The O's lost a tough one.  I give Girardi a lot of credit for having the balls to have Ibanez pitch-hit for A-Rod.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Tough loss for the O's, but they have fought back all year long.

Go O's!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tough loss for the O's, but they have fought back all year long.

Go O's!

[/QUOTE] hey Moon, gotta admit, didn't feel good going into the 10th, knowing how sick they've been in extras..