Thoughts on the AL and NL playoffs....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Thoughts on the AL and NL playoffs....

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

No way Raul should have been left in to face Coke.

Girardi didn't have great options any way you look at it.  A-Rod and Swisher are both ice cold.  Ibanez has been their hottest hitter.  He doesn't hit lefties well but he hit the game-winning homer against the O's off the lefty Matusz.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

One thing for sure, the Yankees have an excellent chance at winning Game 4 with Sabathia.

Even with Sabathia pitching, the way the Yankees have been hitting, I doubt that they will win tonight.  

I think the Tigers will sweep the Yankees tonight.  

Don't count the Yanks out, seriously.  Sabathia pitched two great games in the LDS and I won't be surprised to see another.  The Tigers aren't exactly raking themselves.

If the Yankees can win tonight they have Pettitte for Game 5, with the prospect of getting back home if they can win that one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

One thing for sure, the Yankees have an excellent chance at winning Game 4 with Sabathia.

Even with Sabathia pitching, the way the Yankees have been hitting, I doubt that they will win tonight.  

Wow, you're going out on a limb with this one

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Wow, you're going out on a limb with this one

Terrible feeling, isnt it? I remember all to well the Sunday morning after the 3rd game blow out, waking to a sick feeling that lasted all day. It may have been worse for Sox fans after 86 years. '03 ALCS and playing the NYY, but nonetheless, tough to take.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

"Don't let us win tonight," Sox [yankees] first baseman Kevin Millar [Mark Texiera] had warned before Game 4. "This is a big game. They've got to win because if we win we've got Pedro [Pettitte] coming back [Game 5] and then Schilling [Kuroda] will pitch Game 6 and then you can take that fraud stuff and put it to bed. Don't let the Sox [yankees] win this game."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

"Don't let us win tonight," Sox [yankees] first baseman Kevin Millar [Mark Texiera] had warned before Game 4. "This is a big game. They've got to win because if we win we've got Pedro [Pettitte] coming back [Game 5] and then Schilling [Kuroda] will pitch Game 6 and then you can take that fraud stuff and put it to bed. Don't let the Sox [yankees] win this game."

ok, enough foolin around...now that we've got the Tigers nice and overconfident :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

In response to slasher9's comment:

ok, enough foolin around...now that we've got the Tigers nice and overconfident :)

NOW IT'S A-ROD TIIIIMME!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

They deserve to be swept. Pretty damning: Ibanez (1 mil contract) comes up vs a Lefty, and is allowed to hit with ARod on the bench.

That shocked me at first then I realized little joe figured that a righty would have come in to face Arod. Even if that happened he had Swish to hit, so I agree it was not little joe's fine

Swisher was going to hit for Martin. 

"Swisher was going to hit for Martin"

For that to happen the guy before has to get on.

Arod gives the yanks a better chance with that match up.

Leland would have brought in a righty to face Arod at which point Swisher would have been announced as a ph for Arod.

You worry about Martin's spot in the order if you get that far.

I agree, HH but Coke has been named the closer, with Valerdes recent struggles. IDK if Leyland would have mixed and matched. Was Benoit even warming? Girardi said he went with the hot hand., but I think there's more to it. He was asked about the reported ARod incident and he said no comment. He was asked if it had anything to do with his decision to bench him, he denied it, which I would expect.

I think they had a couple guys up in the pen and I'am not sure Leyland has named a closer other then saying Valerdes wasn't avail. to close game 2.  I understand going with the hot hand but Raul wasn't doing it against any lefties. Actually Raul has had little if any success against southpaws. The Arod incident would be grounds not to play him and if that were the case joe should have batted Swisher in Raul place.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Girardi didn't have great options any way you look at it.  A-Rod and Swisher are both ice cold.  Ibanez has been their hottest hitter.  He doesn't hit lefties well but he hit the game-winning homer against the O's off the lefty Matusz.

I had forgotten about the homer off Matusz. But not to be stubborn I just don't like the Ibanez/Coke match up. I'd  go for almost any of the righty bats left on joe's bench. Nix to name one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

You mean there are still games to play? I thought this thing was over.

Side-note: Swisher and Granderson have played themselves out of long term, big money contracts. And this is not just about their offensive woes - they seem to have both taken it out into the field.

As for Cano - he better have a Miguel Cabrera type year in 2013 if he expects to get that 8 year, 20 + million $ deal. Because right now, his value is depreciating faster than a 1961 Rambler.

FTR - Girardi should have pinch hit A-Rod for Ibanez in the 9th inning last night. Because unless the Dodgers will bail us out like they did Boston, we are stuck with him for 5 more years. I think Girardi is literally punch drunk right now.

Anyone see Fat Hank lately. I think his brother and Cashman want to meet him in the back alley in the South Bronx.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

You mean there are still games to play? I thought this thing was over.

Side-note: Swisher and Granderson have played themselves out of long term, big money contracts. And this is not just about their offensive woes - they seem to have both taken it out into the field.

As for Cano - he better have a Miguel Cabrera type year in 2013 if he expects to get that 8 year, 20 + million $ deal. Because right now, his value is depreciating faster than a 1961 Rambler.

FTR - Girardi should have pinch hit A-Rod for Ibanez in the 9th inning last night. Because unless the Dodgers will bail us out like they did Boston, we are stuck with him for 5 more years. I think Girardi is literally punch drunk right now.

Anyone see Fat Hank lately. I think his brother and Cashman want to meet him in the back alley in the South Bronx.

I see Swisher signing with Tampa to be their DH.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

The Fat Lady is waiting stage left...7-1 in the 8th...I almost wonder if some of the Yankee players are dogging it because they feel A-Rod was treated poorly...Either way, this was a truly embarrassing PS performance by a Yankee team.  A-Rod will be gone to the Marlins or Dodgers or somewhere next year, but I do think Girardi and management got carried away singling him out with the extended benching...And if, in fact, somebody takes on a portion of his contract, and Rodriguez is bye-bye next year, I cannot see the Yankees being a WS contender unless they sign Josh Hamlton and give their offense a major boost....That still will leave holes, but with a competitive Pineda or another #2 starter added to the fold, they could be a heck of a lot better...But without some offensive upgrades and stronger pitching, they will be also rans once again...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Yankee's season =  Tick tock tick tock tick tock............LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Josh Beckett: "Hey A-Rod, bring your two female fans over.  I have beer and fried chicken."

A-Rod: "Cool, I hope Torrie Wilson does not find out."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Tigers sweep the Yankees !!! Only on TBS.  VERY FUNNY !!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The patient in a coma finally had their plug pulled.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

The patient in a coma finally had their plug pulled.

Sean Penn would have been proud :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

i feel for the Giants, seems like the wheels are starting to fall off this one...hopefully they pull out G5..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

i feel for the Giants, seems like the wheels are starting to fall off this one...hopefully they pull out G5..

Definitely agree with you.  I don't want to see St. Louis in the World Series again this year after winning last year.  If they win again this year, they will have the most wins in the last 10 years.  I am sure that most Red Sox and Yankees fans would agree with me.  That being said, I was surprised that the Yankees were swept.  I really thought they would win at least last night and if this had happened, the momentum could have shifted.  CC really struggled last night, which was surprising.  I am now hoping that Detroit wins the World Series since they haven't won recently and if they play St. Louis, which is most likely the outcome I don't want to see St. Louis win again.  It will also be nice to see Detroit win since they lost to St. Louis in 2006. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

Definitely agree with you.  I don't want to see St. Louis in the World Series again this year after winning last year.  If they win again this year, they will have the most wins in the last 10 years.  I am sure that most Red Sox and Yankees fans would agree with me.  That being said, I was surprised that the Yankees were swept.  I really thought they would win at least last night and if this had happened, the momentum could have shifted.  CC really struggled last night, which was surprising.  I am now hoping that Detroit wins the World Series since they haven't won recently and if they play St. Louis, which is most likely the outcome I don't want to see St. Louis win again.  It will also be nice to see Detroit win since they lost to St. Louis in 2006. 

Susan, don't be ..Yanks were DMW...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Dear Giants fans:

Have faith and hope.  The 2007 Boston Red Sox came back from a 3-1 LCS deficit against the Cleveland Indians and then went on to win the World Series.  

Sincerely,

Red Sox fan

P.S.  Forget what I just said, your team is done.   LOL  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I was happy to see the Giants win last night.  They are playing their remaining games at home, so they still have a slight chance of winning this series.   Although, it isn't easy to win 3 games in a row, especially in such an important playoff series.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The World Series has not featured a team from the East Division of either league since 2009.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

The World Series has not featured a team from the East Division of either league since 2009.

Good stat, hill...Did not know that....

Sections
Shortcuts