Thoughts on Tito as a fox commentator.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Thoughts on Tito as a fox commentator.

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Tito as a fox commentator.:
    In Response to Re: Thoughts on Tito as a fox commentator. : Exactly Exam, it was an attempt to strike while the iron was still hot, hoped to take advantage of it and rub salt in the open wound. Tacky
    Posted by J-BAY

I haven't watched the game, but based on what I'm reading here, I don't like what Buck did; Terry should quit the gig.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4413657. Show user_4413657's posts

Holy crap guys,  Francona is on the broadcast to attract a believed to be disinterested Red Sox Nation for the sake of viewers.  What do you think he was going to be asked about?  Francona took the job knowing it.  They could have easily gotten Showalter, it's not like he's doing anything. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Tito as a fox commentator. : I haven't watched the game, but based on what I'm reading here, I don't like what Buck did; Terry should quit the gig.
    Posted by nhsteven

maybe they will give him some time to think about games 3 & 4 and he"ll decide they need a new voice !! LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

It would be more entertaining to have both Francona and Girardi as commentators. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Tito as a fox commentator. : hardly interrogating and as far as not asking him about it why do you think he got the job
    Posted by pinstripezac

Do you really think he got the gig because Buck wanted some dirt on the Sox? You must be joking. Did you watch the game last night? It was pretty clear why he got the gig. He added something in terms of knowledge that is sadly lacking ..especially with the FOx commentators. I enjoyed listening to him break down plays and pitches. You don't get that from the regular announcers. No doubt Buck knew he was outclassed and that is why he asked the question. Personally..I would listen to the announcers more if they were as knowledgeable as Francona..as it is..I usually just tune them right out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

It would be more entertaining to have both Francona and Girardi as commentators. 
    Posted by Ice-Cream

THat would be great play by play!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Thoughts on Tito as a fox commentator.:
    So far so good. Interesting how tito said there isn't a better team mate than V Martinez. Sounds like Tito may have fought hard to keep Victor.
    Posted by jackbu

Could replace Remy ??? or should replace Remy

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i was quite impressed - he was jovial, animated, honest....jeez - who knows what kind of deal he had to make with theodevil to be that catatonic each night as sox manager - i guess bill james is a wonderful thing

he probably feels like he has just been released from prison - nonetheless a classy guy the way he went down with the ship - unlike his pampered pukkke veterans

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Never mind critiquing them, I usually turn down the volume. My point was that Tito has a special respect for martinez and beltrade, that he posssibly did not have for some this year. This is francona, so excuse me if my blogging about him annoys you.
    Posted by jackbu

Perhaps it makes it easier for Francona to like these 2 because of the years they had with their respected teams. If they had horrible seasons, maybe his comments would not have been so openly favorable. But somewhere in there I believe Francona was letting us, the fans know, he wanted to keep them in a Sox uniform for sure. His little dig at the Sox brass for not re-signing to quality players.....

The Sox got worse in my mind when they let these 2 players walk. It not like they failed while playing for the Sox. Still not sure why they were not re-signed. It the long run it would have left more money to go after pitching.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Francona was always personable, humorous, candid, and entertaining in his postgame conferences also. This wasn't the first time that we saw this side of Terry. Do most posters here get NESN or do you live outside of New England?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Tito did okay. Sometimes he seemed hesitant to speak up. Buck was trying to get him involved. I don't agree with the criticism of Joe Buck. The guy is one of the best. There is a reason he gets the big baseball and football games on Fox.  A true pro.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Why choose Denny Galehouse as your moniker since Aaron Boone and Bucky Dent were available? Galehouse was the goat of the 1948 playoff game. Are you a Cleveland fan?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Why choose Denny Galehouse as your moniker since Aaron Boone and Bucky Dent were available? Galehouse was the goat of the 1948 playoff game. Are you a Cleveland fan?
    Posted by UticaClub

No Phil , I am a long time Sox fan. The fact is that Denny Galehouse was made the " scapegoat " of the 1948 playoff game.  As you know, it is not right to scapegoat anyone for a team failure. He was a decent pitcher who should not have been chosen to pitch that game. There were far better options. The real goat was the manager, McCarthy.   By the way , since you are " new here " , I am going to overlook your weak attempt at sarcasm. Not sure what any of this has to with Tito's work as a Fox commentator , anyway.  Also , why choose UticaClub as your moniker , since Piedmont Phil and Beacon Hill were available?   ( As well as numerous other discarded names.)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I think he did pretty well for a first timer...There we some spots where I thought the air went dead when Buck gave him a chance to speak to the game situation and he didn't fill the air..

Personnally I liked his using the players and coaches nic names because that's exactly what I like from the color guy "Inside the lines" baseball jargon...

What I would like more of is his speaking to the stratagies and fundemantals using his experiences managing against Leyland and Washington in the context of in the moment. After Buck introduces say Ian Kinsler and fills the moment with Kinsler is 4-20 lifetime against Wilson with a 2 homers. Have Francona speak to what he found to be the best way to get them out or the hitters approach against a pitcher. "More scouting reports, less this guys good"...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Tito as a fox commentator. : No Phil , I am a long time Sox fan. The fact is that Denny Galehouse was made the " scapegoat " of the 1948 playoff game.  As you know, it is not right to scapegoat anyone for a team failure. He was a decent pitcher who should not have been chosen to pitch that game. There were far better options. The real goat was the manager, McCarthy.   By the way , since you are " new here " , I am going to overlook your weak attempt at sarcasm. Not sure what any of this has to with Tito's work as a Fox commentator , anyway.  Also , why choose UticaClub as your moniker , since Piedmont Phil and Beacon Hill were available?   ( As well as numerous other discarded names.)
    Posted by dgalehouse

I am new here. You still didn't answer my question about your choice of a moniker. Why choose a moniker that awakens bad memories such as BuckyDent, AaronBoone, BillBuckner, EnosSlaughter, MikeTorrez, JoeMcCarthy, ButchHobson, DonZimmer, and DennyGalehouse? It seems to me like rubbing salt into a fresh wound.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

I couldn't believe I was watching TF last night. No seeds, no Poland Springs, no Bubblegum,no chew. Probably loaded up during the rain delay. Lots of " fanny patting " as he has been known for. He actually seemed thoughtfully engaged during portions of the game. He spoke of Jim Leyland with a celestial reverence that bordered on God like. Maybe he was auditioning  for a Detroit  job.       As far as job performance, I'd give him a B. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Tito as a fox commentator. : I am new here. You still didn't answer my question about your choice of a moniker. Why choose a moniker that awakens bad memories such as BuckyDent, AaronBoone, BillBuckner, EnosSlaughter, MikeTorrez, JoeMcCarthy, ButchHobson, DonZimmer, and DennyGalehouse? It seems to me like rubbing salt into a fresh wound.
    Posted by UticaClub

Not that I feel a need to answer your asinine questions , but here it is anyway. Denny Galehouse's start in the 1948 playoff game is one of my earliest memories as a Sox fan. I use his name to pay him tribute as a guy who was unfairly maligned as a symbol of the Sox 86 year championship drought. He passed away several years ago , but the Sox comeback in 2004 has caused the 1948 loss to become largely forgotten. Hence my tagline " Stabbed by Foulke." Galehouse never deserved the blame , and that is why I chose his name. It is the only moniker that I have ever used on this forum. You , on the other hand , have had many monikers , and now use the name of a New York beer. Are you a Yankee fan?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Tito as a fox commentator. : Not that I feel a need to answer your asinine questions , but here it is anyway. Denny Galehouse's start in the 1948 playoff game is one of my earliest memories as a Sox fan. I use his name to pay him tribute as a guy who was unfairly maligned as a symbol of the Sox 86 year championship drought. He passed away several years ago , but the Sox comeback in 2004 has caused the 1948 loss to become largely forgotten. Hence my tagline " Stabbed by Foulke." Galehouse never deserved the blame , and that is why I chose his name. It is the only moniker that I have ever used on this forum. You , on the other hand , have had many monikers , and now use the name of a New York beer. Are you a Yankee fan?
    Posted by dgalehouse

That is a fair answer to my question. Tomorrow I will be back here under a new moniker and it will be BillBuckner because he also was unfairly malligned and I'm am certain that everyone will get the connection / intent on first glance. If they don't get it then I will try some other player from 60 years ago who was mislabeled as a goat. I am sure that the current RSN will be cognizant of the connection. I am certain that Yazzer and Babe will get it instantly.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Better question to ask Would you rather Francona or McCarver?

Francona is my choice said enough and it was relevant.
    As opposed to McCarver who never shuts up and can say so off the wall stuff.

BTW the question may have come from some one other than Buck.
    If it was not asked it would have been the 800 gotrilla in the room and people would have asked Why wasn't it asked.
    It could have been asked a bit differently.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Ridiculous to be interrogating Tito when he is there to be a commentator for the game. It does seem like he was trying to get him to say something controversial. Pretty classless.
    Posted by kimsaysthis
    serves Terry right....if he had just walked into the booth and punched Buck in the head like i asked him to.....Tongue out..other than that, he's doin good :)

Sections
Shortcuts