Thoughts on Tito as a fox commentator.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from therimrattler. Show therimrattler's posts

Re: Thoughts on Tito as a fox commentator.

JimfromFlorida,
    I was wondering if someone would mention that Francona was better than McCarver.
    Only saw a few innings, but I would take Francona over mccarver any (and every) day.  I still can't beleive that mccarver has that job after being so terrible for so many years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Tito as a fox commentator.:
    Better question to ask Would you rather Francona or McCarver? Francona is my choice said enough and it was relevant. As opposed to McCarver who never shuts up and can say so off the wall stuff. BTW the question may have come from some one other than Buck. If it was not asked it would have been the 800 gotrilla in the room and people would have asked Why wasn't it asked. It could have been asked a bit differently.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida

Francona was not there to be interviewed. Totally inappropriate for Joe to grill him on anything personal, and it WAS personal.
    Reminds me of when Rose got sandbagged by that weasel (can't remember his name) during an event honoring the best players in baseball. Maybe some of you remember that. Totally classless!
    Ata ny rate, I Thought Francona was refreshing change to that buffoon, McCarver.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Tito as a fox commentator. : Francona was not there to be interviewed. Totally inappropriate for Joe to grill him on anything personal, and it WAS personal. Reminds me of when Rose got sandbagged by that weasel (can't remember his name) during an event honoring the best players in baseball. Maybe some of you remember that. Totally classless! Ata ny rate, I Thought Francona was refreshing change to that buffoon, McCarver.
    Posted by Alibiike
    ike, it was Jim Gray...he did something similar in the aftermath of the Jeter/Chad Curtis incident, and the players refused to be inteviewed by him during that year's WS..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

On the back and forth stuff, he's O.K. What we really are looking for is for "T" to put himself in the moment to get out of the booth and get into the dugout and manage the game from his perspective, what does he see, how would he react in a certain situation. Last night toward the end of the game we got to see vintage TF. He finally rose to the occasion. He told us what he would do. Top of the 10th or 11th. Leadoff batter walks. Jhonny Peralta up. Somewhere early in the count Peralta swings at a ball up and away. TF chimes in,(paraphrase) "No way he bunts here. The guys behind him are weak hitters. Peralta will swing the bat." Next pitch, a perfect bunt up the 1st baseline. Sacrifice completed. Tigers have a runner in scoring position with two chances to score the go ahead run. The booth goes silent for a moment then "T" comes with something like," that ball had backspin on it."                                                                    For what it's worth, the go ahead run never scored for the Tigers and they eventually lost the game.  The point is not the score or who won. The point is how two men think about a situation that occurs during the game. Last night we got a glimpse of how TF thinks about a situation that Jim Leyland had to call. Completely different.    

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Thoughts on Tito as a fox commentator.:
    So far so good. Interesting how tito said there isn't a better team mate than V Martinez. Sounds like Tito may have fought hard to keep Victor.
    Posted by jackbu

I listened to Tito last night doing the Texas/Detroit game and thought for a newbie he was comfortable and did well.  Hes probably pretty relieved to get all the pressure off his back from managing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Did you notice the shirt and tie? I think "T" needs some serious face time with the FOX wardrobe consultant but change is good. He's dressing better. Can a sports jacket be that far away? Maybe in Detroit ? How about a Marv Alpert hair piece?  If it's there "T", go for it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Thoughts on Tito as a fox commentator. : I listened to Tito last night doing the Texas/Detroit game and thought for a newbie he was comfortable and did well.  Hes probably pretty relieved to get all the pressure off his back from managing.
    Posted by craze4sox
    he also got a nice zinger in on Buck during a Brandon Inge AB...made an interesting observation(to me anyway)on Beltre's fearlessness on being moved off the plate...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Thoughts on Tito as a fox commentator. : he also got a nice zinger in on Buck during a Brandon Inge AB...made an interesting observation(to me anyway)on Beltre's fearlessness on being moved off the plate...
    Posted by jete02fan

Hey jete, I missed that but he may have found his calling.  At least until he feels the need to jump back into the frying pan.  Man what a mess of articles coming out on our team.  Hope things change for the best.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from plinny. Show plinny's posts

I was impressed by an insight and knowledge of the game which he never displayed in Boston.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I was impressed by an insight and knowledge of the game which he never displayed in Boston.
    Posted by plinny

Perception is such a funny thing.  To me, his color commentary seems cozy and familiar, because he is expressing the same easy-flowing, no-nonsense insight that he expressed constantly in the 8 years he managed in Boston.  

Sections
Shortcuts