Three candidates left for two rotation spots

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlgvt48. Show mlgvt48's posts

Re: Three candidates left for two rotation spots

We are in deep crap. The RedSox needed to add another starter and didn't. That is going to come back to haunt them.  But the payroll rules in baseball are stupid. You have a guy on IR (such as Lackey) for the year and his huge hit counts against your payroll for luxury tax purposes. That is stupid.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

What's the big concern? They have one of the best 1-2-3 punches in baseball with Beckett, Lester, and Buccholz.

Doubront and Cook or Aceves would be decent in the 4-5 spots. With the Sox lineup being as good as it is, I'm not too concerned. Don't need all stars to fill every rotation spot. Several teams in the league would love to be in the Red Sox situation pitching wise. 

How are we in deep crap? This is one of the most impressive rosters in the MLB. People are still stuck up on last year. This team is much better than anyone is giving them credit for.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

What's the big concern? They have one of the best 1-2-3 punches in baseball with Beckett, Lester, and Buccholz.

When's the last time these three all pitched well and stayed healthy for a full season?

That's a pretty big concern, isn't it?

Especially when you look at our 4, 5, 6, 7... guys.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

To call Beckett , Lester and Buchholz one of the best 1-2-3 combos in baseball may be somewhat optimistic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

When healty, maybe, but that just hasn't yet happened.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Bisson1 your blind I must say. Did you actually look up the numbers? Our starters ranked near the bottom in many categories.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Another newbie ( Bisson1 ) gets pummeled for being optimistic and hopeful. Now do you know what Kim was talking about. This crusade of forum regulars and Yankee trolls keeps the newbies under a tight leash and slaps them silly for daring to hope that the starting pitchers might turn out be adequate. It is no wonder why newbies arrive and leave in a matter of days. Way to go guys. Optimism is verboten here, but pessimism is the specialty du jour. Kim may not remember Mike Greenwell but she sure knows about forum behavior.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Once upon a time we had Clemens, Hurst, Ojeda, Tudor, and Boyd...

Once upon another time we had Lee, Tiant, Jenkins, and Wise....

This starting staff is not very good based on facts... however they do hold the potential to be very good 1-3.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

In Response to Re: Three candidates left for two rotation spots:
    [QUOTE]Once upon a time we had Clemens, Hurst, Ojeda, Tudor, and Boyd... Once upon another time we had Lee, Tiant, Jenkins, and Wise.... This starting staff is not very good based on facts... however they do hold the potential to be very good 1-3.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Yes but perhaps Bison doesnt recall those rotations and why is there always the need to compare? Why not go back to 1890 and compare rotations? Not everyone comes here to debate and I don't think that Bison was intent on debating. Dottie should put a warning into the registration code of conduct that one is mandated to debate.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I'd apologise to Bison if he took my post as an attack... but I doubt he is too concerned about it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

In Response to Re: Three candidates left for two rotation spots:
    [QUOTE]I'd apologise to Bison if he took my post as an attack... but I doubt he is too concerned about it.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Bison just left and was pizzed and slammed the door on the way out.. He has had it with both this forum and the Music Forum. He was mumbling something about not knowing the "secret handshake".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I don't think what Bison said was extreme.

He said we have one of the "best 1-2-3 punches". When healthy, he is right.

He said Doubront, Aceves, and Cook should make "decent" 4/5 starters. Not extreme.

He said "several team" would love to have the Sox pitching. That is certainly correct.

I'm not saying I agree with what he said, but nothing he said is blatantly wrong.

I think we should cut the "newbee" some slack. Besides, we are beginning to be outnumbered by Yank fans: let's not scare off the the rest of the Sox fans. 

Sections
Shortcuts