Three (Possibly) True Outcomes: Xander Bogaerts; Blog article

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma09. Show scauma09's posts

Three (Possibly) True Outcomes: Xander Bogaerts; Blog article

http://www.faketeams.com/2013/6/12/4423836/three-possibly-true-outcomes-xander-bogaerts

Ceiling Fantasy Line: .324 average, 39 home runs, 119 runs, 139 RBIs, 6 steals at Shortstop

Floor Fantasy Line: .249 average, 16 home runs, 48 runs, 67 RBIs, 0 steals, at First Base

Fantasy Line: .316 average, 34 home runs, 115 runs, 126 RBIs, 6 steals, as a Shortstop

Interesting piece on bogaerts that cautiously goes on to compare him to miguel Cabrera. Kid looks like the real deal. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: Three (Possibly) True Outcomes: Xander Bogaerts; Blog article

There are not many SS that have the talent Iggy has so if you haven't seen XMan play don't think he's the second coming. He can hit but he's somewhat of a slow starter---you would have to be patient. He is a player--there is no question about that and like Machado--once he comes up he will hopefully be here to stay.

Unless there are injuries to Nap, Nava and Carp I don't think you would see XMan at first.

3 B or LF would  probably be his most natural positions. I'm a little surprised management hasn't tried him at 3 B, LF and 1B in game situations. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

In response to scauma09's comment:

http://www.faketeams.com/2013/6/12/4423836/three-possibly-true-outcomes-xander-bogaerts

Ceiling Fantasy Line: .324 average, 39 home runs, 119 runs, 139 RBIs, 6 steals at Shortstop

Floor Fantasy Line: .249 average, 16 home runs, 48 runs, 67 RBIs, 0 steals, at First Base

Fantasy Line: .316 average, 34 home runs, 115 runs, 126 RBIs, 6 steals, as a Shortstop

Interesting piece on bogaerts that cautiously goes on to compare him to miguel Cabrera. Kid looks like the real deal. 

Just a fantasy at this point!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Old news.  Bogaerts is not a secret. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Miggy is the best all around hitter in the game and one of the best in a decade...

Dude won the triple crown last season!

Xander is a AA player with potential. I'm excited to see him grow as a player too, but lets not start slotting him in the lineup expecting the greatest season ever by a shortstop.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Saw him play last night in a DH in Portland. Not the first time. His footwotk, to me anyway, tells me he wont stick at SS. There was a few plays where it was pretty noticable. Hes going to be in AA all year, IMO. They arent going to rush him. Nor should they. Still can get fooled pretty easily at the plate. Good MLB pitchers will still be able to handle him more times than not right now.

Hes going to be a very good player though. 300BA 30 HR potential. I say he ends up in LF.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

They might not show it cause a lot of the lists are old but by the large the baseball community regards Xander as the #1 ranked prospect right now.  It's pretty much him or Buxton. 

Kid is a stud, he's the youngest player in double A and he is smashing it there.  His power has gone down a little bit recently but that's because he's walking like 1-2 time s a game.  They've effectively stopped pitching to him.  He will be promoted within the next 3 weeks.

Some say he could be promoted as early as next week; while other look at past red sox precedent and argue he will likely get the call up right after the allstar break. 

What impresses me the most about this kid is the fact that he has patience and a hit tool.  He's not just a free swinger who smashes, he's going to hit for average, walk and get on base.

Every year this kid has been in the system he has exceeded expectations.  He's only 20 years old and to some capacity he could probably contribute on this team right now.  That is just STUPID good. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Saw him play last night in a DH in Portland. Not the first time. His footwotk, to me anyway, tells me he wont stick at SS. There was a few plays where it was pretty noticable. Hes going to be in AA all year, IMO. They arent going to rush him. Nor should they. Still can get fooled pretty easily at the plate. Good MLB pitchers will still be able to handle him more times than not right now.

Hes going to be a very good player though. 300BA 30 HR potential. I say he ends up in LF.

I agree that I think he enevitably moves off the postion.  For whatever reason scouts say that he has improved his defense at SS this year and has much more of a chance of sticking.  I saw him down in New Britain and he didn't look that sharp, but maybe me and you happened to see him during a bad day who knows.  With Iggy looking like he might hit just enough (at the very least) to justify his defense then Xander may move off position.

The thing is Xander is so good you don't move him to make room for him, you move another player to make room for him.  Whatever position he can play best is the position he plays IMO.  

I disagree that he stays in Portland this year, while the Sox do tend to be more conservative than most teams I just feel that Xander is the exception.  That upper echelon of players always moves quick through anyones system.  I'm normally the guy who try's to convince everyone to ire on the side of caution and take it easy with prospects (JBJ after spring training for example)  But Xander is that special player that when he shows you he has nothing left to prove....you move him.

He hits everyone in Portland, even his outs are loud.  He drives pitches outside to the opposite field, he doesn't get fooled by offspeed offerings, and he will take his walks all day long.  He really has zero left to learn in AA.

In most other systems I'd say Bogaerts is the guy who gets promoted from AA to the bigs, but I think he gets the call up to Pawtucket soon.  Sometime within the next 30 days he is there....I'd bet on that. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

I agree that I think he enevitably moves off the postion.  For whatever reason scouts say that he has improved his defense at SS this year and has much more of a chance of sticking.  I saw him down in New Britain and he didn't look that sharp, but maybe me and you happened to see him during a bad day who knows.  With Iggy looking like he might hit just enough (at the very least) to justify his defense then Xander may move off position.

The thing is Xander is so good you don't move him to make room for him, you move another player to make room for him.  Whatever position he can play best is the position he plays IMO.  

I disagree that he stays in Portland this year, while the Sox do tend to be more conservative than most teams I just feel that Xander is the exception.  That upper echelon of players always moves quick through anyones system.  I'm normally the guy who try's to convince everyone to ire on the side of caution and take it easy with prospects (JBJ after spring training for example)  But Xander is that special player that when he shows you he has nothing left to prove....you move him.

He hits everyone in Portland, even his outs are loud.  He drives pitches outside to the opposite field, he doesn't get fooled by offspeed offerings, and he will take his walks all day long.  He really has zero left to learn in AA.

In most other systems I'd say Bogaerts is the guy who gets promoted from AA to the bigs, but I think he gets the call up to Pawtucket soon.  Sometime within the next 30 days he is there....I'd bet on that. 

[/QUOTE]

Ok, I could move off of him sticking in AA, but I still dont think he will see anything more than a game or 2 in sept, IF at all. I still think good MLB pitchers will fool him on breaking balls right now, although he does appear to have got better with his pitch recognition from last year. Hey, if im wrong that can only mean good things for the Sox, right? Im just the cautious type with prospects.

We do agree that the kid is a special kind of player and will be in Fenway Park full time by the end of next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

If he keeps up his progression then he won't be knocking on the door next season....he's going to be beating that door down. 

He might not break camp with the team because they don't have a place for him....But if he's mashing it up in Pawtucket by seasons end and he starts off next year hot they're going to find a place for him. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

If he keeps up his progression then he won't be knocking on the door next season....he's going to be beating that door down. 

He might not break camp with the team because they don't have a place for him....But if he's mashing it up in Pawtucket by seasons end and he starts off next year hot they're going to find a place for him. 

I can see that happeneing, thats why I said by the end of 2014 he will be FT in Boston.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

What?....if he's not going to play SS(Iggy), he'll be in LF?  If so, then Nava is the odd man out unless Ellsbury goes and Victorino moves to center?  Then, Bradley is the odd man out.

What about 3rd base?  Does he have potential there?  Or 1st base?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

What?....if he's not going to play SS(Iggy), he'll be in LF?  If so, then Nava is the odd man out unless Ellsbury goes and Victorino moves to center?  Then, Bradley is the odd man out.

What about 3rd base?  Does he have potential there?  Or 1st base?

You don't move him to 1B unless he can't field.  In terms of Nava/Bradley/WMB and all the other position.  those things have a way of working themselves out in the long run and if they don't thats a GOOD problem to have. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

He got promoted.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

kinda make sense with how he's been mashing AA and Iggy is not permanently with the big club....the spot was open. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Bogaerts is a very promising young player. We always seem to go a little overboard on these things. Let's see how he fares in AAA, then make the decision on what to do with him. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

If he continues to hit etc., Middlebrooks could be the odd man out.  Also, we have Cecchini crushing A ball and now there's an opening in AA.  He may not be that far away.

Sections
Shortcuts