Thrown Under a Bus

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Thrown Under a Bus

Hi my name is Jon Lester, you might remember me from such performances as a 6 IP shutout win v. Colorado in the 2007 WS, or that no hitter I threw, or my 76-32 career record or my 3.46 career ERA, or my 3.07 ERA of this season alone, or my 19-9 year of last year, or my 2.57 career postseason ERA in 42 Innings, or my 1.12 WHIP in the postseason, or my dominating 14 innings v. Anaheim in 2008 that even allowed my team to go meet Tampa in the first place. I have this tire streak on the back of my jersey, apparently this large Bus carrying Sox forum fans have driven it over me. Oh yeah, I beat cancer too. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from losingsucks. Show losingsucks's posts

Re: Thrown Under a Bus

why are so many sox fans down on this guy, does he have to pitch a shutout every game for them?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Not down on Lester. Regardless of whether he gives up 2, 3, or 7 runs, he can't win when the offense only scores 1 run.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

yeah it totally pizzes me off that people are trashing Jon. the guy was 7-0 in day time games started and he has one bad game and all the fair weather fans come out with their claws out. buttheads.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from losingsucks. Show losingsucks's posts

we could go and find bad games at crucial times for any pitcher that has ever played the game.  Why can't we be thankful we have a great team like the sox.  Always competative and usually in the playoffs.  Two world series champships in the passt 10 years............what's not to like.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Jon Lester has never been confused for Sandy Koufax.  If people are expecting him to be utterly dominant every time out, they have expectations way out of whack.  He is a work-horse with really good stuff, a warrior, and a guy you want with the ball when the money is on the line.  But he is gonna have some rough starts, some rough patches of starts.  But, sheesh, c'mon.  Gimme a break.  Says everything you need to know about some of these so-called fans when they have run out of whipping boys and are left with calling out Jon Lester.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Lester is the horse of the staff...Beckett is always breaking down during the year.  Both are having great years for the Sox this year and if they had two other regular starters like (OMG - Lackey) they would be doing very well.  Instead they have had to piece meal together AAA guys that we are beginning to see just flat don't belong in the majors.  The Sox minor league system has been severely depleted ala the Yankees of a few years ago and there is very little real talent left to pick from.  The Sox can't even find an outfielder among the whole minor league system.  I am not so sure emulating the Yankees as far as FA's is such a great idea.  I admit I don't have an answer that would sound great at this point in time for the team.  Most on this board are concerned about the here and now - not next year or even further down the road.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I'd match Lester against any pitcher in the game.  Beckett too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

I think people expected more from Lester this season.  He was even predicted to win the Cy Young Award by numerous baseball periodicals earlier this year.  I guess it is  the disappointment of higher expectations but really, no one should be getting on his case.  Yes, his pitch count is high and he has  thrown better in the past, but he is one of our best hopes for a future title and it would be foolhardy for anyone to diss this man.  He has shown tremendous courage in the past and those who disrespect him do so at their own peril and lack of class.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Thrown Under a Bus:
    Hi my name is Jon Lester, you might remember me from such performances as a 6 IP shutout win v. Colorado in the 2007 WS, or that no hitter I threw, or my 76-32 career record or my 3.46 career ERA, or my 3.07 ERA of this season alone, or my 19-9 year of last year, or my 2.57 career postseason ERA in 42 Innings, or my 1.12 WHIP in the postseason, or my dominating 14 innings v. Anaheim in 2008 that even allowed my team to go meet Tampa in the first place. I have this tire streak on the back of my jersey, apparently this large Bus carrying Sox forum fans have driven it over me. Oh yeah, I beat cancer too. 
    Posted by dannycater

AMEN!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I did not trash Lester, but I was also disappointed.  We needed a win and especially a great start, but he regressed to earlier this season when he could not control his pitches.

A broadway star and singer reportedly once said, "you ain't great if you ain't great," meaning that it does no good to tell the audience, "you should have heard me last night."

Other aces pitch well in key situations.  Lester has himself in years past.  But Sunday the Sox badly needed a great start and didn't get one. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

WELL SAID! Even Aces sometimes lose. Dont believe me, Check CC's last outing in LA!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Thrown Under a Bus:
    I did not trash Lester, but I was also disappointed.  We needed a win and especially a great start, but he regressed to earlier this season when he could not control his pitches. A broadway star and singer reportedly once said, "you ain't great if you ain't great," meaning that it does no good to tell the audience, "you should have heard me last night." Other aces pitch well in key situations.  Lester has himself in years past.  But Sunday the Sox badly needed a great start and didn't get one. 
    Posted by maxbialystock

How the hell do you think he felt???

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

WOW, Seabeachfred said something positive about a Red Sox player. I am astounded. He must be feeling a bit mellow after a few decanters of Chianti. Paste his comment since it just might be a collectors' item in the future.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

WOW, Seabeachfred said something positive about a Red Sox player. I am astounded. He must be feeling a bit mellow after a few decanters of Chianti. Paste his comment since it just might be a collectors' item in the future.
    Posted by BeaconHill19

Just goes to show you how erroneous it is to label everybody.
    Pity you'll never learn this.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

I've only read Seabeachfred's posts for one day and I have him labeled. You are 100% correct. He is trolling. He is also despised over at Sawxheads. Did you know that?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I've only read Seabeachfred's posts for one day and I have him labeled. You are 100% correct. He is trolling. He is also despised over at Sawxheads. Did you know that?
    Posted by BeaconHill19

You have a tendency to oversimplify things.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Posted by BeaconHill19

Fred is a true RS fan, and has some expertise in evaluating minor league talent, and I happen to like Fred a lot.  When some unnamed fans were dumping all over Pedroia in his rookie year, he was 100% in his corner.  He was also a big fan of Ellsbury before he became an MVP candidate.

Unfortunately, he is also way overly emotional, and tends to take a very short-term view of things.  Having said that, he'll also be the first to throw a street party when the RS win.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

yeah it totally pizzes me off that people are trashing Jon. the guy was 7-0 in day time games started and he has one bad game and all the fair weather fans come out with their claws out. buttheads.
    Posted by Hammah29r2

Love the tag line.  Reminds me of the saying, 'we'll only be the land of the free so long as we are the home of the brave'.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

why are so many sox fans down on this guy, does he have to pitch a shutout every game for them?
    Posted by losingsucks

113 pitches in 4 IP? Are you kidding me?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

I'd match Lester against any pitcher in the game.  Beckett too.
    Posted by slomag

Really? 
    Verlander
    Felix
    Halladay
    Cliff Lee
    Hamels

I can go on and on.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Oversimplification is a poor excuse for painting people all white or all black.
    I know SeabeachFred is a negative overall, but he's also capable of seeing a large picture.
    Negativity is a reflection of mindset. So is labeling.

Pike is guilty of the very thing he accuses others of. He can't deal with his own issues, so he deflects the problem toward others. It's a defensive mechanism.
    It's got him banned, and it will continue to so long as he succumbs to his compulsion.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

In Response to Re: Thrown Under a Bus : 113 pitches in 4 IP? Are you kidding me?
    Posted by ADG

One bad start in five games. In the other four he allowed four earned runs. Why not admit that you are the designated troll.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In Response to Re: Thrown Under a Bus : One bad start in five games. In the other four he allowed four earned runs. Why not admit that you are the designated troll.
    Posted by BeaconHill19

According to your online profile you have been on this board for only a short time, yet you think you can decide who is a troll and who is not.  Read mine.  I was on  here first in February, 2005 which I think if it makes anyone a troll it is you.  You're also acting like a first class jerk, which may be  the real  you or maybe you're just having a bad week, but instead of attacking everyone try and contribute some serious insight of your own.

As far as me being despised on Sawxheads, once again you are talking through your pants.  Yes, there are some over there who are perplexed by my over emotional rants, but with few exceptions we are still friends.  In fact, I said something about Joe which I immediately regretted because while we differ on some things, I really like and respect the guy and want you and my other board to know it.  As for you, if you can't try to be upbeat at least once in awhile you need to get a life or move out of Seattle where too much rain and fog has apparently done a negative workmanlike job on your brain.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Thrown Under a Bus : One bad start in five games. In the other four he allowed four earned runs. Why not admit that you are the designated troll.
    Posted by BeaconHill19

Who has the authority for such a designation?

Sections
Shortcuts