Thrown Under a Bus

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

Re: Thrown Under a Bus

In Response to Re: Thrown Under a Bus:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thrown Under a Bus : Who has the authority for such a designation?
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Harness, I'm very aware of my personal peccadilloes but I'd like to know where Beacon Hill gets off trying to tell everyone who can post here and who can't, who is a troll and who isn't.  I don't know the guy and don't think I want to.  Is he some kind of honcho around here?  Perhaps I had a run-in with him on some other board if he was going with another handle, but he seems like a very unlikeable person and if his schtick is trying to get under people's skin.  He also seems to specialize in ad hominum attacks but seldom has any insights of his own.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15and10. Show 15and10's posts

He doesn't have to pitch a shoutout ever start, but it would be nice if he didn't try to strike out every batter he faces! Lester could be a much more effective starter if he would stop trying to trick hitters and start challenging them. He wastes WAY too many pitches on the corners and that's why he consistantly has high pitch counts. That said, my guess is that he's probably got a tired arm or some unreported nagging injury right now, which explains his total lack of command his last 2 starts. 
    (Jeez, how many times can you use the word "start" in one post?)

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thrown Under a Bus : Who has the authority for such a designation?

I do.  I have all the talent in the world to spot them.

Unfortunately, I'm too lazy to compile a proper list, and frankly, none of them are worthy of my time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thrown Under a Bus : Harness, I'm very aware of my personal peccadilloes but I'd like to know where Beacon Hill gets off trying to tell everyone who can post here and who can't, who is a troll and who isn't.  I don't know the guy and don't think I want to.  Is he some kind of honcho around here?  Perhaps I had a run-in with him on some other board if he was going with another handle, but he seems like a very unlikeable person and if his schtick is trying to get under people's skin.  He also seems to specialize in ad hominum attacks but seldom has any insights of his own.
    Posted by seabeachfred[/QUOTE]

I'll fill you in on him: He is known to the members of the board as PIKE.
    He began posting here in 2007.
    He created several identities to re-enforce his image as wanna-be cop.

Earlier this year, he really flipped out and was guilty of invasion of privacy (using data from other sites to expose actual individual identity). BDC took immediate action and PIKE and all his aliases were banned.

Did he learn his lesson? No. He continued the same practice and was banned again.
    This is his 3rd go-around. He currently has a couple of other identities.
    If you don't fit the perfect mold he has as a board poster, you are fair play.

Nobody on this board can stand him. Pity is, if he didn't spend most of his time playing cop, he'd actually be a decent baseball poster. But that won't happen.

I have had plenty of run-ins with posters in my time here. It happens when ya post often. But I try and see posters for what they post. And if targeted posters make an honest post and back it up, it should be acknowledged as such. 
    PIKE won't go there. I don't think he can allow himself to.

On PIKE's behalf, he claims to justify his actions by trying to create the perfect forum, without "trolls"or "trolling". Striving for such perfection is futile as it goes against human nature. People have the right to express their individuality. It irks many, including myself, when their intentions are to disrupt. And I can be as disruptive as anybody with on-going conflicts. But I recognize it's part of the human landscape. Perhaps PIKE is trying to purify himself with this illusion. 
    I doubt he can be so objective.

But the fact remains: He is intolerant of this behavior...and yet he remains the only one who tolerates his own activity with anything beyond disdain.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thrown Under a Bus : I do.  I have all the talent in the world to spot them. Unfortunately, I'm too lazy to compile a proper list, and frankly, none of them are worthy of my time.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

I did compile a list, but those on it didn't care to be.
    Spotting them is not difficult.
    Nor is listing them.

But nobody beyond BDC has the authority to designate them, package them, and dictate how they should act or what they can or can not say.

Otherwise, we become:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcaxlxgnvf0&feature=related

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thrown Under a Bus : I did compile a list, but those on it didn't care to be. Spotting them is not difficult. Nor is listing them. But nobody beyond BDC has the authority to designate them, package them, and dictate how they should act or what they can or can not say. Otherwise, we become: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcaxlxgnvf0&feature=related

The beauty of the site is that you can just put them on ignore.  Kind of funny, but I will occasionally un-ignore a poster to see if they have anything interesting to say.  With the exception of one poster, all the other posters I ignore were just as stupid and lame as they were the day I put them on ignore.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

And PIKE should use the IGGY tab if such posters bothered him as much as he pretends they do.

He doesn't for a reason. Same reason disturbed children dissect frogs while they are still alive.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I guess I am skimming too much as I don't see too many posters laying anything on Lester for the last outing... why would someone doubt his overall ability or his capabilities going forward?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Earlier this year, he really flipped out and was guilty of invasion of privacy (using data from other sites to expose actual individual identity). BDC took immediate action and PIKE and all his aliases were banned. (Harness)

You know, I never really did thank those of you who went after Pike after he googled up an old profile of me from a few years ago. So let me say thanks now.

FTR - Lester would look great in Pinstripes - just saying.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

People doubting Lester because of one bad game?
    Really?
    Strange . . .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

pike as Your-Echo openly stated that he ogles his paper girl while she delivers papers in the morning... and he cares to come here and label the rest of us. Some citizen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Most   fans     react  to the play,  the inning  or the game ..  Hurling  invectives  at  MVP players and front line pitchers over    1 play or 1 bad outing..

The season is  one of ebbs and flows  and at  2-10    we all felt the same  ..

If in April  someone had said Lackey, Matsuzaka, Beckett and Bucholz   were going to spend  time on the DL.  That  2 of your top 4 starters   would miss morre than half the season ....  we'd have all realized  we'd  be scrambling to the end    10 in a row  at  home     win  6 or   7 of those  and  the   big  black cloud  sails away...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]People doubting Lester because of one bad game? Really? Strange . . .
    Posted by legion12941[/QUOTE]

Not just one game...you have to read the thread, Can Lester Handle the Pressure, especially the comments by andrewmitch about the 2008-2009 postseason.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

The Boston  area  produced a Hall of fame pitcher Tom Glavine....
    in 22 Seasons   he was  305-203    winning %  .600 of his games

He was like  Lester in a lot of ways   ,,, if he  did not have great  stuff, he'd scuffle in the 1st inning and that was when  teams   would beat him..

No ace is going to go out and be 100% dominant   every start.  This teams problems are not  with Lester.

Nor are they with Agon--  195 hits - 43 doubles - 25 home runs  108 rbi
    and he's playrd in 143 games .. 
    Yet  some  fan asks if he is fat  and could drop 20 pounds to gain speed ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Look at it this way, if your best pitchers are going to have a stinker game, would you rather have our team score 1 run or 7?   If we weren't going to score anyway, let that be the day Lester tanks a bit.  

Yanks play TB 7 more times ... that helps our cause either way.  The bats need to get hot.  It takes the pressure of the pitchers. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from the---yazzman. Show the---yazzman's posts

well at least LESTER'S not on the DL, and he is better than SLACKEY, MILLER, and WAKE.
    other than that, he's an above average pitcher that will never be any better than that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]Jon Lester has never been confused for Sandy Koufax.  If people are expecting him to be utterly dominant every time out, they have expectations way out of whack.  He is a work-horse with really good stuff, a warrior, and a guy you want with the ball when the money is on the line.  But he is gonna have some rough starts, some rough patches of starts.  But, sheesh, c'mon.  Gimme a break.  Says everything you need to know about some of these so-called fans when they have run out of whipping boys and are left with calling out Jon Lester.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Get real.  Lester is a much, much better pitcher than Koufax.

But Koufax is like, what, 75 years old? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]Not down on Lester. Regardless of whether he gives up 2, 3, or 7 runs, he can't win when the offense only scores 1 run.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Actually he can 1-0 if he pitches a shutout...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Not down on Lester either. I've just expressed the reality that to this point he has not been a reliable big game pitcher. He's lost or been shaky in almost every big game he's started. Don't mention game four in 07, because his team had a 3-0 lead in the series--not really high pressure--other than his personal need to show he had comeback from cancer. He's where CC Sabathia was in 2008. Great, dominating regular season pitcher that had been beaten in the post season. He can turn it around like CC did, and beating Tampa Bay this weekend would be a nice place to start. I think he'll beat Tampa, but his postseason performance will be something we'll have to wait to see. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thrown Under a Bus : Get real.  Lester is a much, much better pitcher than Koufax. But Koufax is like, what, 75 years old? 
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]
    LOL. Good one.