Thursday 6/16 Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Thursday 6/16 Game Thread

No more air horns, whistles, or cow bells for a while. Sheeeesh, it's like watching a game attended by 15,000 toddlers. Good ridance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

What's life without a little drama, right?  Great road trip, and we don't have to listen to anyone whine about how we can't beat TB anymore. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

8-1 road trip and on our way home!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

11th straight against opposers where a lefty started.  nice pen work from aceves, bard &  lil drama paps.  And casey at the bat Kotchman couldn't be the devil dawg hero...bye bye to the devil dawg dome

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday 6/16 Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]What's life without a little drama, right?  Great road trip, and we don't have to listen to anyone whine about how we can't beat TB anymore. 
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

I hear ya Joel--I'm glad that I myself don't have to gripe about it anymore. I hate the Rays almost as much as the Yankees.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Did not want to see Damon up with the bases loaded.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    Oh, man, roger that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

now devil dawg fans....pleeze don't canuck tampa bay town...restrain yourselves

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]8-1 road trip and on our way home!!!!!!!!
    Posted by rsinsider[/QUOTE]

two straight great road trips!!! 

Congrats Paps!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Don't want to see Damon. period ....

(still angry...not as much, but still)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I'll close by giving kudos to our pitching staff which came up big in this series when the bats fell somewhat silent.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday 6/16 Game Thread : two straight great road trips!!!  Congrats Paps!
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

Hey, yeah that's right. The Sox are 22-14 on the road, best in the majors! Who'd have seen THAT coming?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Don't want to see Damon. period ....    (still angry...not as much, but still)
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, I'm over it ... we're better off in center now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I'm dreading the 9 game NL swing. Have to sit Papi? I'd hate to see that. Anyone read today (I can't remember what site) that AG played a little right field when he was with the Rangers? A short lived attempt to get him and Tiexiera in the lineup together. What say you? I doubt it, but it'd be neat to try once or twice--as long as no one gets hurt! :-(

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]I'm dreading the 9 game NL swing. Have to sit Papi? I'd hate to see that. Anyone read today (I can't remember what site) that AG played a little right field when he was with the Rangers? A short lived attempt to get him and Tiexiera in the lineup together. What say you? I doubt it, but it'd be neat to try once or twice--as long as no one gets hurt! :-(
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Gonzalez would be a disaster in RF.  Way too slow.  I'm afraid the big guy will be relegated to PH status.  At most, he may get one game at first if there is a pitcher who is particularly effective against Adrian (but that's not too likely either). 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]I'm dreading the 9 game NL swing. Have to sit Papi? I'd hate to see that. Anyone read today (I can't remember what site) that AG played a little right field when he was with the Rangers? A short lived attempt to get him and Tiexiera in the lineup together. What say you? I doubt it, but it'd be neat to try once or twice--as long as no one gets hurt! :-(

gonzo is on record as saying he wants to play 162 games....it's not Titos way...i think Francona will use inter-league to give him a day or two off. could pinch hit him.  wont hurt him. i think gonzo could roll out of bed in the off season and hit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yeah, I'm afraid you're right Joel. I'm desperately grasping at straws to keep Papi in the lineup. It was fun to think about anyway.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Pitching won this low-scoring series. Sox showed they don't just win w/ bats.
    Hope Youk's ankle nothing serious.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

G'night  all  ... great pitching .... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday 6/16 Game Thread : Hey, yeah that's right. The Sox are 22-14 on the road, best in the majors! Who'd have seen THAT coming?

That record includes the 0-7 record on the road to start the season.

22-7 since then is even more impressive.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

looks like theo made the right move on salty.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Hope Youk is ok, and Bucholz also. Even after 8-1, there has to be SOMETHING to keep us awake nights--it's just the nature of RSN. You can't get in unless you have at least a little paranioa streak. It's why I feel so welcomed here. hehehe....night all.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

They have to divide the time to get Ortiz in. Ortiz can pitch hit any game, and Agon can get 2 days off, at the beginning and the end of the NL run.

You don't put guys in the OF or IF when they never play there because they are likely to get hurt. You mix them in as pinch hitters and give Youk a couple of needed days off and stick Agon over at 3rd for a couple of games. AGon has a good arm and moving to 3rd for two games shouldn't bother him a bit.  

AGon 5 starts at 1st and 2 starts at 3rd and 2 days off/pinch hitter/defensive sub for Ortiz

Youk 7 starts at 3rd and 2 days off

Ortiz 4 Starts at 1st and 3 days off/pinch hitter

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Has Gonzo EVER started at 3rd?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Has Gonzo EVER started at 3rd?
    Posted by NUSoxFan[/QUOTE]
    Pretty certain the answer there would be "no." Plus, why on earth would you want a 3B who throws with his left hand? Seriously, I'm really starting to wonder about that guy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

2 games, people, Don Mattingly did it. Youk could come in late and Ortiz bumped and AGon back to first. I think AGon could handle the few chances he'll get in 2 games.