Thursday afternoon game thread:Red Sox at Tigers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Thursday afternoon game thread:Red Sox at Tigers

In Response to Re: Thursday afternoon game thread:Red Sox at Tigers:
    [QUOTE]I dont care what the score is man on 3rd no out got to bring him.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

ya but the man on third brought two in

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Splendid predicts: 

1. Scutaro will be traded soon.  Sutton has already shown he is a better hitter and he can play IF and OF.
    >>We were typing this at the same time ... LOL.

2.  D-Mac will be DFA after minor league assignment.  He has done nothing this year and 
    Reddick can actually hit and help the team.
    >> I don't know.  DMac hasn't exactly had much playing time and I think Reddick still needs consistent ABs for his development (for 2012).  Given Cam's age and the lack of other RH OF options, I don't see him going anywhere.  Then again, maybe the FO decides they don't need righties ... who knows.

3.  Rich Hill is here to stay for this year.
    >>Amen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

Getting dark out there. Just 2 more innings come on Mother Nature

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday afternoon game thread:Red Sox at Tigers : Ill admit to being one of them. Still dont like the signing but dam is he rolling along now. Good job CC
    Posted by redsoxlaxer12[/QUOTE]

why laxer? he's a proven ALE player. are any of them worth the years and money, no, but thats the way the contracts are now. hes got a great gove, great bat and great speed. with drew. cameron and possibly ells gone after this season, we need to sigh nim with not a good class of FA outfileders this offseason

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Hey, Aceves let Austin go, but Tek threw another BB down to second.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

That steal is Exhibit A on why stolen bases aren't just because of the catcher. Aceves didn't hold the runner, and the runner got a great jump.

Tek had a quick release and was perfect with a strong throw but never had the chance.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Just noting, Els's .380 OBP is 2nd among all CFs. What's that about not being a proper leadoff man?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnsoxcat. Show mnsoxcat's posts

I knew a John Wink in high school.  Wonder if this is son?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Ells has a .380 OBP???  Looks to me like .358 heading into this game.  Not saying that's bad, just wondering where your stat comes from.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OV. Show OV's posts

Boys are getting on  a roll.... Crawford rakin'... Ortiz almost hitting .300!!!...what's he smoking?... now we get a 4/5 combination in the starting rotation and really get it rolling.

Love McDonald...played here in Rachacha years ago.... still a fav or the front office. Hope he sticks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

hi all, used to come in in the 5th and it would be 1-0 and still getting into the flow. now sox are jumping all over everyone from the git-go!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]Ells has a .380 OBP???  Looks to me like .358 heading into this game.  Not saying that's bad, just wondering where your stat comes from.
    Posted by 111SoxFan111[/QUOTE]
    Oh god I totally dyslexia'd the five and the eight!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Boys are getting on  a roll.... Crawford rakin'... Ortiz almost hitting .300!!!...what's he smoking?... now we get a 4/5 combination in the starting rotation and really get it rolling. Love McDonald...played here in Rachacha years ago.... still a fav or the front office. Hope he sticks.
    Posted by OV[/QUOTE]

Hey, don't jip the big fella. Ortiz is already over .300 at .307.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

r u guys aware that aceves has the BEST winning percentage in all of baseball the last 3 seasons (if not in history) for those with at least 15 decisions?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

i love wake and dice is ok as a 5th but if this guy is right and healthy, we must stick with him!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday afternoon game thread:Red Sox at Tigers : why laxer? he's a proven ALE player. are any of them worth the years and money, no, but thats the way the contracts are now. hes got a great gove, great bat and great speed. with drew. cameron and possibly ells gone after this season, we need to sigh nim with not a good class of FA outfileders this offseason
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

IDK j-bay. I just dont like it. Hes not a 100 mil player and his signing is showing a bad trend in baseball. He only makes so much because Werth was grossly overpaid for (also I would have much rather gotten Werth). We pocketed sooo much money in a player we didnt need. Hes like the spoiler on an already really nice car. Im also a firm believer of letting the kids show their stuff. With kalish, reddick, linares ect. down in the minors he was further unnecessary. We also already had a speedster who has more power, is a home grown guy, and comparable defense that I knew would come back after last season. The money spent on crawford could better be used to keep Paps, make sure papi retires a red sox, extend ellsbury, and make dam sure when youk and pedey come knocking in 4 years we can keep them both. Were going down a yankee esqu path were well have a team of 35 year olds all in decline making 20mil while our home guys who appear can go scratch or our payroll will be over 200mil which is a travesty 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

i see craw making a bid for .300 by the end of july! and i dont see him going back to 8th when the great drew is back! 1 thru 7 (with lowrie) we may be the best in sox history if not in baseball history. everyone of those guys should hit .300+ with some power with 3 legit base stealers in their midst. a total pitchers' nighmare. they all take pitches as well (minus craw).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

I wouldn't say that Crawford and Els have even near the same defense.

I look at the Crawford signing as a pre-emptive for Drew. It's unlikely that more than 2 of our outfield prospects breaks out in the next two seasons. Its more likely that one will, by signing Crawford, we only need to replaced Drew with an guy from the farm.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

1 more inning. Skies stay dry 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Gotta love this team ... With everybody hitting they can win a bunch of games this week and next.   Getting primed for early June and the division stretch ...  Yanks, Jays, Rays one after the other on the road. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

"Hey, don't jip the big fella."
    ^^^Ethnic slurs in this thread.  Given the longstanding anti-Roma bias in RSN (c'mon, name one Roma player who was a fan favorite), you should be more careful.Tongue out

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OV. Show OV's posts

Crawford's contract is a product of the market... player salaries are trending back up again... the question/concern is in 5 years are people going to be complaining about his $20 mill a year like they do about J.D.'s 14 mil. now?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

great analysis i just read:

Here is what I really, really like about Alfredo Aceves: He throws a pitch, the catcher throws the ball back to him and then he throws another pitch. He doesn't walk around, he doesn't look in the dugout. He doesn't stare at the umpire. He doesn't call his agent. He doesn't try and remember some motivational messages from his sports psychologist. He throws a pitch.