Thursday afternoon game thread:Red Sox at Tigers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Re: Thursday afternoon game thread:Red Sox at Tigers

Red Hot Sox like the weather today...offense looks real good...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday afternoon game thread:Red Sox at Tigers:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday afternoon game thread:Red Sox at Tigers :   IDK j-bay. I just dont like it. Hes not a 100 mil player and his signing is showing a bad trend in baseball. He only makes so much because Werth was grossly overpaid for (also I would have much rather gotten Werth). We pocketed sooo much money in a player we didnt need. Hes like the spoiler on an already really nice car. Im also a firm believer of letting the kids show their stuff. With kalish, reddick, linares ect. down in the minors he was further unnecessary. We also already had a speedster who has more power, is a home grown guy, and comparable defense that I knew would come back after last season. The money spent on crawford could better be used to keep Paps, make sure papi retires a red sox, extend ellsbury, and make dam sure when youk and pedey come knocking in 4 years we can keep them both. Were going down a yankee esqu path were well have a team of 35 year olds all in decline making 20mil while our home guys who appear can go scratch or our  payroll will be over 200mil which is a travesty 
    Posted by redsoxlaxer12[/QUOTE]

laxer, they needed an outfielder with drew, cameron and possibly Ells not returning next year. one of the kids will still be called up and my guess is it will be kalish. they have money coming off the books next year (14 mil with drew, 7 mil with cameron) we've already gone down the path of the NYY but not by choice, by necessity, if we want to compete. also crawford replaces ells speed if he walks, he's only 29 and a product of the ALE. GM's have to take what available at the time to fill a need. supply and demand. we couldnt be left hanging next year without an outfield.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Not for nothing, and not to fire the anti-Crawford crowd here, but watching Crawford go from 1st to 3rd or home a few times will make you realize there is speed, and then there is intelligent speed.    The guy eats bases once he gets on.   According to Cafardo, he won't ever hit higher than 6th ... which looks like a good place for him to be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Aceves is teflon today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OV. Show OV's posts

With Crawford and Ellsbury I love watching them run... adds so much to the entertainment value.... either one hits one in a gap and you stand up hoping they go for three.... reminds me of watching Dewey Evans in RF..hoping someone would try to run on him... different aspect of the game but same anticipation....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

struck out miggyCool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Ellsbury

2012 Contract Status
    : Signed thru 2011, 1 yr/$2.4M (11) (www.baseball-reference.com/players/e/ellsbja01.shtml#contracts">details)[*]
    Service Time (01/2010): 2.037, Arb Eligible: 2012, Free Agent: 2014 [*], Agents: Scott Boras [*]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

my beef with craw isnt with his low ba but y is he not getting on base? ridiculous for it to be below.320 ever. its .270!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

I dont hate having crawford. I just dont think hes good enough to eat up 20 mil a year and I dont like his contract. Do i enjoy watching him when hes good yes. Do I want him to do bad no. am I glad he is hitting better and he has the clutch factor he11 yes. But batting 187 or 300 hitting only singles or home run after home run, striking out or walking every time I dont think we needed him, I dont think hes worth a 100 mil contract and I dont like the signing. But go CC. make ur money and help the sox along the way and it wont matter what I think. As long as the sox win i dont give a f#ck whose on the field 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]I dont hate having crawford. I just dont think hes good enough to eat up 20 mil a year and I dont like his contract. Do i enjoy watching him when hes good yes. Do I want him to do bad no. am I glad he is hitting better and he has the clutch factor he11 yes. But batting 187 or 300 hitting only singles or home run after home run, striking out or walking every time I dont think we needed him, I dont think hes worth a 100 mil contract and I dont like the signing. But go CC. make ur money and help the sox along the way and it wont matter what I think. As long as the sox win i dont give a f#ck whose on the field 
    Posted by redsoxlaxer12[/QUOTE]

he's always been a favorite of mine for some reason laxer. i guess some of it was he played all those years on the lousy devil ray team...he paid his dues. the market drove and dictacted his contract. the sox can afford it and we needed him. he seems like a quality person.....root for the laundry but also like who's wearing it, win but the right way, with the right guys. is arod worth 30 million?  never has been never will be, he won't be worth half that in a few years with 7 to go. and hes an a- hole on top of it

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mechrisuk. Show mechrisuk's posts

I know Pedey had a big game yesterday but he still does not look anywhere near right to me.  Being K by a 88mph fastball (a fairly straight one at that) LEFTHANDER, jesus....he feasts upon them.  His sample size is too large to not think he will figure all this out but what if it's the broken foot?  Love the little guy and his lazer shows, someone ampitate there foot and give it to him, we need the destroyer back.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OV. Show OV's posts

Hitting is contagious... AGon started it, Papi joined... now Youk and Crawford... Ells..... Pedey will soon catch the same virus...

My 500th post.... steroid free.... hops and barley fueled

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Good point, c-c.  And, by pitching quickly, he keeps his defense alert. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Two triples for Crawford today. <3

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

CC really not giving me a good platform to stand on........................and i love it

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Hitting is contagious... AGon started it, Papi joined... now Youk and Crawford... Ells..... Pedey will soon catch the same virus... My 500th post.... steroid free.... hops and barley fueled
    Posted by OV[/QUOTE]so is pitching. guy gets ball, throws strikes, moves it along easier to do the same with the hitters. great synergy

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Go CC.  I told everyone to have patience.  It is now paying off!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

craw's stroke is back. ortix. the 5-6 holes will carry us. 3-d is murders row!drew better be at 8th from now on.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

And that triple is why Crawford is such a great player. He flies.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

CC is a man in a mission to get back to his career norms.  He can then flip the bird to Softy and his ilk.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from the--yazzer. Show the--yazzer's posts

a-gon and pedey are holding the SOX back.
    maybe a trip to the 15 day DL.
    nice job by ACEVES, maybe LACKEY should have his DL extended.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I like Wake, but Lackey is the right guy.  Aceves is pitching for Matsuzaka, who might not pitch again this year. 

AGon needs to work on his swing.  The guy is making over $20M a year, and this is just unacceptable. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnsoxcat. Show mnsoxcat's posts

What was Aceves' pitch count?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

[QUOTE]I like Wake, but Lackey is the right guy.  Aceves is pitching for Matsuzaka, who might not pitch again this year.  AGon needs to work on his swing.  The guy is making over $20M a year, and this is just unacceptable. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]
    that agon thing is a joke right

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Laser show!