Thursday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

Re: Thursday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays

Is there a joke that I am not getting about this team?
    Are we ready for some football?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays:
    [QUOTE]I know this team is only in a funk, that is all......but boy did they pick a bad time to go into one. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

Add that to the April funk and let's see the W/L when the last game is played.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mwTessie. Show mwTessie's posts

I think I need therapy.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Where is the scout who reported that Miller had a high 90's fastball ?
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    No, he said he had a high fastball back in the '90s.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Miller, Lackey, Wakefield--drop one of these interchangeable clowns and at least put aceves in the ro

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBfan67. Show BBfan67's posts

Varitek really showing his age, Salty should be playing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Varitek really showing his age, Salty should be playing.
    Posted by BBfan67[/QUOTE]

Also , what was the point of bringing up Lavarnway , if he never plays.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Just got in. Evening all. Well, this is going as predicted last night. It'd be nice to be wrong more often, but they keep proving me right. Two chances in a row to gain games on NYY in a close race, and we get THIS? Nice! NYY are trying their dead level best to give it to us, and we won't take it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Looks like the Sox are just tanking this game. Maybe a letdown from last night's meltdown.  Seeing no emotion at all.  Seems that they just want to get this over with and get out of town.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

yeah, put some bats in the line up, what the h

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

I see that J-Bay is absent tonight since he doesn't like to participate in a negative environment. The rest of you can carry on though. Preach to the choir and tell us something new such as you are disappointed. How enlightening. Misery likes company.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]But this lineup owns Romero.  Right?
    Posted by chuchos[/QUOTE]

Yeah Francona wanted McDonald and Lowrie in the lineup because they have better numbers than Gonzalez and Crawford.  $1M salary combined over $40M.  What a joke.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Looks like the Sox are just tanking this game. Maybe a letdown from last night's meltdown.  Seeing no emotion at all.  Seems that they just want to get this over with and get out of town.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Right. Which is a red flag sign of a team that knows it isn't good enough to win it all. I sometimes think it'd be better for TB to overtake them and put them out of their misery, but I won't actually say that for fear of being labled disloyal. THIS is why I put so much importance on that game last Thurs. against NYY. That game meant everything. Some on here tried the "it's just one loss" song and dance, but I know better. I've been following baseball too long not to know what that game meant. Everything that has happened since unfolded right in front of me that night. I sometimes think that the miracle of 04 has sometimes tended to blind RSN to teams that don't have what it takes. Since they see the chance of miracles, they forget miracles don't usually happen, and if you aint got it, you aint goin' anywhere. This team starting to look like the 09 team. Could I be wrong? Sure, but odds are against us. Just sayin'.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : Yeah Francona wanted McDonald and Lowrie in the lineup because they have better numbers than Gonzalez and Crawford.  $1M salary combined over $40M.  What a joke.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

There is not a team in baseball that has a more expensive bench than we do tonight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Looking weak again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

This series so far: 0 runs (L), 14 runs (W), 10 runs (L), 0 runs (through half tonight). Signs of an unhealthy baseball team. Teams with offensive struggles commonly bust out in double digits then sink back. This has been going on now for about 6 weeks, so not just "one series of bad luck". Heads up! The NFL just kicked off about 5 min ago.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Time for the bats in this lineup to start owning Romero like the numbers suggest.  Otherwise they are playing to lose.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Even Pedroia has tailed off. It looks to me that he is too far off the plate. He was doing that early in the year , when he struggled.  Then he moved a little closer and started hitting.  Now he has moved away again.  It makes him sort of lunge at the pitch.  Hope he sees it when he looks at the tape. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Youk continues to struggle. Looks confused at the plate. Worst I've ever seen him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Know what this is like guys? This is like when you meet a beautiful woman that you're crazy about and find out she likes you too. You get your hopes up, things are going great and it's getting serious. You see a couple things that worry you a little, but you stay "positive" and keep working on it. Then, out of the blue, she does something so completely wrong that it makes you see it's very unlikely this is going to work out, and that she wasn't who you thought she was. You stick with it for a couple more weeks, but the feelings change and you have to break it off. Most of us have experienced that, tell me, is it very much different from what we've seen from the Sox this summer? It's heartbreaking, but what do you do about it? Every indicator I see at this moment tells me this team is not who we hoped they were. Now, hopefully, this is a romantic comedy with a happy ending. Maybe I should put in "Fever Pitch" and watch it tonight? Nah, football is on, maybe later......  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

On the plus side, this games cruising!  

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Are there any Red Sox fans here?
    Posted by Pollyanna1964[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we're here--just too disappointed to show it much polly. Sad but true tale. We all feel like we're about to have our engagement rings handed back to us! LOL May reflect reality, may not, but it's how we FEEL. I don't mind posting that, it's the truth. Maybe it will change later, but if this team can't get it up to gain two games on their rival in a race this close, when WILL they?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

This team is way too streaky to be a champion. I cannot believe that they are on their way to being shut out for the 3rd time in a week. FRancona needs to boot them in their rear ends. He will never do that and Miller is a 5th starter at best and cannot beat descent teams. I thought Gonzalez would hit 40 home runs. He will be lucky to hit 30. Very overrated team including Crawford the terror of Tampa Bay.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Well, there's SOMETHING positive anyway......

Sections
Shortcuts