Thursday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Thursday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays

This team needs to make an offer to Sabathia if he opts out. Beckett is hurt every year, Lackey is awfull as is Wakefield and Miller. They need a GOOD Starter next year not another project like Miller who is cheap. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I wonder who Pollyanna is ?????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

I'm a Sox fan. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

This collapse is starting to remind me of 1978. How can you lose 3 of 4 to Toronto when the Yankees just used them as toilet paper. Simply awfull.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays:
    [QUOTE]This team needs to make an offer to Sabathia if he opts out. Beckett is hurt every year, Lackey is awfull as is Wakefield and Miller. They need a GOOD Starter next year not another project like Miller who is cheap. 
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Here is the problem. The money owed to Lackey and Crawford makes it difficult to make a big offer to a guy like Sabathia.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Signs of life!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Well , at least we are back in the game. Running out of time though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Lackey is awful and our GM falls in love with players that he spends his lungs for. Crawford is lost. Lackey is a joke and I have not been impressed with him for the last two years. They are going to have to get a GOOD Starter, not a cheap project. Sabathia is the best name out there if he opts out at the end of the year.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : Here is the problem. The money owed to Lackey and Crawford makes it difficult to make a big offer to a guy like Sabathia.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Lackey is awful and our GM falls in love with players that he spends his lungs for. Crawford is lost. Lackey is a joke and I have not been impressed with him for the last two years. They are going to have to get a GOOD Starter, not a cheap project. Sabathia is the best name out there if he opts out at the end of the year. In Response to Re: Thursday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

I don't see Sabathia leaving New York.  Sox need to re-sign Pap and Ortiz. Don't know how high Henry is willing to go with the payroll. Will be tough to add another big time starter. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Miller and Wakefield are drains on the bullpen because we are lucky that they can go 5 innings. The other thing that galls me is that our two highest paid players are not playing because we have to get McDonald's bat as well as Lowrie in there. Can anyone explain this to me?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]This team needs to make an offer to Sabathia if he opts out. Beckett is hurt every year, Lackey is awfull as is Wakefield and Miller. They need a GOOD Starter next year not another project like Miller who is cheap. 
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

He will opt out AL, I'm confident of that. And, I do think the Sox should go after him. The trouble is, they're going to have to spend NYY kind of cash to do it, and also maintain THIS team. I think it was overthemonster that had a good article about the Sox money situation for next year. It's going to cost sometihng like $20M more just to keep the team as it is. You can check the article for exact figures, I can't remember them all. I'd do it all and more, but it aint my money!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Here's the link to that article about the Sox finances.

http://www.overthemonster.com/2011/9/6/2408026/boston-red-sox-news-free-agency-mlb#storyjump

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCDottie. Show BDCDottie's posts

http://www.overthemonster.com/2011/9/6/2408026/boston-red-sox-news-free-agency-mlb

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

You could kill the Yankees if you get him away from them. There would be no one left in their rotation that was reliable.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : He will opt out AL, I'm confident of that. And, I do think the Sox should go after him. The trouble is, they're going to have to spend NYY kind of cash to do it, and also maintain THIS team. I think it was overthemonster that had a good article about the Sox money situation for next year. It's going to cost sometihng like $20M more just to keep the team as it is. You can check the article for exact figures, I can't remember them all. I'd do it all and more, but it aint my money!
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.overthemonster.com/2011/9/6/2408026/boston-red-sox-news-free-agency-mlb
    Posted by BDCDottie[/QUOTE]

Yip, that's the one--same link.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Hey Biff, Chuck, and Rickey Sue just a quick note to let you know than I am done for the season.  I've got to call it quits for the year. It's been fun this year, but alls that is left now for the season is the slide. 

I agree with you Biff, too many high priced players and not enough effort. AGon, Jacoby, Dustin, Slaty, and Lester have been fun to watch. But, the rest of this years sox are toast. 

Chuck, I agree Tampa will win the wildcard.

Ricky Sue, it's been real. You were right on when you said last month you see the Sox reverting back to their April ways.  

So, I'll hopefully I'll you see you guys when the sox visit the left coast.  Let's do the wharf thing s again that was the best time of the year. 

See ya, take care.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]You could kill the Yankees if you get him away from them. There would be no one left in their rotation that was reliable. In Response to Re: Thursday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Which is why we probably won't get him. They'll be desperate to keep him, and throw more cash at him than you can imagine. The up side to that is, it'll tie up a LOT of NYY cash, and if he'd happen to get hurt they'd be drilled by a piece of metal with threads on it and a pointy end.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Why not pinch hit Gonzo against the righty?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I still don't think Tampa will win the WC, but we might all wish they had when it's said and done. I'd much rather miss the playoffs than lose to NYY in the ALCS, or lose the WS. Win it all, or let me off the hook--that's how I feel about it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Good night evrybody.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Lawrie is going to be a good ballplayer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

7-3 now. Are you ready for some football? This is all very sad, and I don't have the receipt for that ring I bought you honey, what do you want me to do with it now? Night all......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Never fear. Doubront is going to be in the starting rotation someday.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]7-3 now. Are you ready for some football? This is all very sad, and I don't have the receipt for that ring I bought you honey, what do you want me to do with it now? Night all......
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

You could give the ring to Pollyanna. She seems nice.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Welp, Doubront regressed this season and the Red Sox have regressed in the month of September.

Sections
Shortcuts