Thursday Game Thread:Yankees at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Thursday Game Thread:Yankees at Red Sox

In Response to Re: Thursday Game Thread:Yankees at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Game Thread:Yankees at Red Sox : I agree, and tito probably had to stay with Josh..as the bull pen is becoming spent -- more so than the rotation
    Posted by Goofywocky[/QUOTE]

Beckett said he wanted to go out for the seventh

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I notice when Bard gets roughed up, he loses it quick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]I am getting tired of these just missed pitches tonight here. Thank you ACEVES for giving them gifts.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

AL the key to the whole thing was the HBP against a rookie that wasn't even swinging the bat well to begin with.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Brutal.  Tough spot for Bard , and he did not get it done.  The problem was bringing Aceves back out after he labored and was lucky to get out of the sixth. I guess there is a lack of faith in Wheeler , but he should have been in there.  Would be very surprised if we are able to come back and win this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

umpire sucked also

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Too little too late Daniel, should have tossed that one when you had Martin 0-2.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Same pitch Jeter struck out on that Martin should have struck out on. Crap umpiring tonight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Same pitch Jeter struck out on that Martin should have struck out on. Crap umpiring tonight.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

The umpiring this year has been by far the worst I've ever seen, and it seems to pop up a lot in Sox games, mostly against them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

LET'S GO RED SOX!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]This is bad....I dont blame the pitching for this potential loss. Offense sucked tonite.
    Posted by lhtak[/QUOTE]
    Present tense - sucks.  But still three to get it going.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Come on Sox, let's get it back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Ok, the bad things I thought would happen have happened. Now let's come back and win this son of a gun.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I do not understand that whole rediculous thing with the way Dan Wheeler is handled. He was good with Tampa.

[QUOTE]Brutal.  Tough spot for Bard , and he did not get it done.  The problem was bringing Aceves back out after he labored and was lucky to get out of the sixth. I guess there is a lack of faith in Wheeler , but he should have been in there.  Would be very surprised if we are able to come back and win this.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Tiexiera coming out to catch an early flight home, he's reached his 3 hr max.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Jones is starting to scare me here.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]tells you how bad posada has beeeeen. cant even pinchit for hones, whereas jones would pinchitfor him in that situatn! btw, we can come back against yanks esp mariano... seems we always have one blown save by him per home series!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

What did not help either was AGON looking horrible the last couple of nights.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

All Boston pitching has been sketchy to say the least tonight.  Let's get the bats going here and pick up a win.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

damnnn, yanks aree just a bit better in of defense esp when u factor in RF but bettter juat from left to center!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I have to listen to these YES clowns who thought that was a great catch. He (Gardner)  had it all the way.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Game Thread:Yankees at Red Sox : Present tense - sucks.  But still three to get it going.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

I wish I am as optimistic with two lagoons, Reddick and Salty, coming up. I hope you are right and sox win.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]This is bad....I dont blame the pitching for this potential loss. Offense sucked tonite.
    Posted by lhtak[/QUOTE]

Game is not over , but if we lose there is plenty of blame to go around. Offense has not been good, Lester only could go five , Aceves did not have it , Tito went too long with Aceves , when it was apparent that he did not have it , Bard did not get it done. No shortage of things to point out , but the bottom line is that the Yankees have outplayed us in a game where we had the big edge in the pitching matchup.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

This game means almost everything. Rather than being up 2.5, we might be only up .5, and with Texas coming to town vs. Adrew Miller. NYY go home to play Toronto. This game is HUGE, and we're just about to blow it. This could have gone a long way towards nailing down the division if we could get it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]This game means almost everything. Rather than being up 2.5, we might be only up .5, and with Texas coming to town vs. Adrew Miller. NYY go home to play Toronto. This game is HUGE, and we're just about to blow it. This could have gone a long way towards nailing down the division if we could get it.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

i don't agree exam. we'll still be in first, the nyy spend most of september on the road, with no days off. we just beat the rangers 3 of 4  in texas. millar pitched great. Youk back tomorrow. have a little faith.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Game Thread:Yankees at Red Sox : Game is not over , but if we lose there is plenty of blame to go around. Offense has not been good, Lester only could only go five , Aceves did not have it , Tito went too long with Aceves , when it was apparent that he did not have it , Bard did not get it done. No shortage of things to point out , but the bottom line is that the Yankees have outplayed us in a game where we had the big edge in the pitching matchup.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

If you want to win against the yankees score more than 2 runs. We lost to them the first game with low scoring and same here. If they can not score more than 2 runs there is no pitcher on redsox staff that can guarantee us a WIN, period.