Thursday Game Thread:Yankees at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Thursday Game Thread:Yankees at Red Sox

What scares me here is that you have Miller and Wakefield starting the series here. Miller is a rookie, who I know piched well but can you catch lightening in a bottle twice and Wakefield is Wakefield (no cofidence with him at all).

In Response to Re: Thursday Game Thread:Yankees at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]This game means almost everything. Rather than being up 2.5, we might be only up .5, and with Texas coming to town vs. Adrew Miller. NYY go home to play Toronto. This game is HUGE, and we're just about to blow it. This could have gone a long way towards nailing down the division if we could get it.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

For Gods sake its Gardner here !!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]What scares me here is that you have Miller and Wakefield starting the series here. Miller is a rookie, who I know piched well but can you catch lightening in a bottle twice and Wakefield is Wakefield (no cofidence with him at all). In Response to Re: Thursday Game Thread:Yankees at Red Sox :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Wake is not going to pitch against Texas.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]What scares me here is that you have Miller and Wakefield starting the series here. Miller is a rookie, who I know piched well but can you catch lightening in a bottle twice and Wakefield is Wakefield (no cofidence with him at all). In Response to Re: Thursday Game Thread:Yankees at Red Sox :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

wakes not pitching in the texas series, AL with the extra days off, they moved him up to pitch in toronto. Francona said he'd like to see him get 200 but has to do whats best for the team

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Game Thread:Yankees at Red Sox : Game is not over , but if we lose there is plenty of blame to go around. Offense has not been good, Lester only could go five , Aceves did not have it , Tito went too long with Aceves , when it was apparent that he did not have it , Bard did not get it done. No shortage of things to point out , but the bottom line is that the Yankees have outplayed us in a game where we had the big edge in the pitching matchup.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

all true; grudgingly, you have to give Burnett credit, he was good--in fact, in a game that looks like you should win by a blow-out given the way the guy has been shelled lately, this was exactly the type of game you could almost have predicted he'd have pitched against all odds

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

we lived on the edge all night and it caught up with us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Is Tito showing faith in Doubront or is he more or less conceding this game?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

You cannot walk this turkey Gardner. He does not hit well and when he walks its like automatically putting him on second base. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Game Thread:Yankees at Red Sox :  wakes pitching in the texas series, AL
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

No he is not. He will pitch in Toronto.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Game Thread:Yankees at Red Sox : i don't agree exam. we'll still be in first, the nyy spend most of september on the road, with no days off. we just beat the rangers 3 of 4  in texas. millar pitched great. Youk back tomorrow. have a little faith.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

The Yankees schedule is mixed, but not all that bad. I'm sort of with AL on this one. Youk back is big, but I still don't totally trust Miller against Texas--who haven't forgotten that we just beat them 3 of 4 in their own park! That could really go either way, I don't see an advantage for the Sox there--other than they bat last! After last night there's no way we shouldn't have rolled right over NYY and the human batting tee tonight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

ugh with the pitching tonight.  I know the offense napped, but still.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Well, by Josh, by Jon, .......as archie and edith bunker used to sing: Those were the days----95 years ago today---September 1, 1906, the Red Sox lost to the Philadelphia A’s 4-1 in a 24-inning game. Red Sox hurler Joe Harris pitched all 24 innings.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

anyone else notice how many bad pitches the sox hitters have swung at tonight? salty has put together some of the most embarassing at bats i have ever seen. someone should remind him that its hard to hit pitches that bounce before the get to the plate. and once again adrian gonzalez is nowhere to be seen in a big series against a high quality team. in 14 games vs the yankees this year he is hitting .179 and has more k's than hits and in 11 games against the rays he is hitting .175. it is becoming more and more evident that while he is a great hitter, he does not show up in big games. and honestly i have to say i am quite disappointed in his power numbers. he should have at least hit 30 this year and i think most people expected him to hit somewhere between 35-40 given the number of homers he hit during his time with the padres playing half his games in a huge pitchers park.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Conceding game here I think with Doubront. Does not want to devastate the bullpen with no win to show for it.

[QUOTE]Is Tito showing faith in Doubront or is he more or less conceding this game?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]anyone else notice how many bad pitches the sox hitters have swung at tonight? salty has put together some of the most embarassing at bats i have ever seen. someone should remind him that its hard to hit pitches that bounce before the get to the plate. and once again adrian gonzalez is nowhere to be seen in a big series against a high quality team. in 14 games vs the yankees this year he is hitting .179 and has more k's than hits and in 11 games against the rays he is hitting .175. it is becoming more and more evident that while he is a great hitter, he does not show up in big games. and honestly i have to say i am quite disappointed in his power numbers. he should have at least hit 30 this year and i think most people expected him to hit somewhere between 35-40 given the number of homers he hit during his time with the padres playing half his games in a huge pitchers park.
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]

Thanks RSP--you make me look better. I was the most negative one til you came in. LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Game Thread:Yankees at Red Sox : No he is not. He will pitch in Toronto.

no hes not and yes he is. re read, corrected it, eating, watching the game. posting

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Game Thread:Yankees at Red Sox : The Yankees schedule is mixed, but not all that bad. I'm sort of with AL on this one. Youk back is big, but I still don't trust Miller and Wakefield against Texas--who haven't forgotten that we just beat them 3 of 4 in their own park! That could really go either way, I don't see an advantage for the Sox there--other than they bat last! After last night there's no way we shouldn't have rolled right over NYY and the human batting tee tonight.
    No , Wake will not pitch against Texas.  Miller , Bedard and Lackey.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Well said. They were helping Burnette out all night. Carl Crawford has looked awful all night at the plate. 

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Game Thread:Yankees at Red Sox : Thanks RSP--you make me look better. I was the most negative one til you came in. LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xmen. Show xmen's posts

This is the reason Bard will never be the Boston closer.Most of the time he only pitches well when he's brought in to pitch a clean inning.Every time he's brouht in when it's a big game and men on base he chokes.He has to realize after 3yrs. in the big leagues,big leaguers are looking for his fastball on a third strike.Sometimes you have to throw a breaking ball in those situations.Whats his record in his three seasons with BOSTON,2 IN 12.That shows when the came is on the line he can't take the pressure.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Game Thread:Yankees at Red Sox : No , Wake will not pitch against Texas.  Miller , Bedard and Lackey.

Yeah, forgot about that dgale. Changed my post after I wrote it. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Only down 2, but it feels like we're down 7 or something. Why's that?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Game Thread:Yankees at Red Sox : no hes not and yes he is. corrected it eating, watching the game. posting
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Multi tasking error.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Game Thread:Yankees at Red Sox : The Yankees schedule is mixed, but not all that bad. I'm sort of with AL on this one. Youk back is big, but I still don't totally trust Miller against Texas--who haven't forgotten that we just beat them 3 of 4 in their own park! That could really go either way, I don't see an advantage for the Sox there--other than they bat last! After last night there's no way we shouldn't have rolled right over NYY and the human batting tee tonight.

thats baseball exam you dont know from one night to the other who will step up. should have would have could have. still in first place, great team...

BELIEVE!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Nice job by Doubront.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Dubront acutally looked good there. Go figure.