Thursday Night Baseball Sox V O's

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Thursday Night Baseball Sox V O's

Evening gang. Been enjoying the lazer show. Lead apparently safe enough for Bobby Jenks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday Night Baseball Sox V O's:
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Baseball Sox V O's : K's don't equate to effectiveness in my book. They're a nice stat but don't tell the entire story. In Pap's last two outings: 2 innings 43 pitches 3 runs (13.50 ERA; more and a blown save if not for the questionable call at the plate the Tu night) 5 hits (including an HR) 1 walk 4 strikeouts In my book, that's not sharp but feel free to grade as you wish. We all have opinions and that's why we're here.
    Posted by CMHBOSOX

But that's a great thing about baseball, it isn't about one or two outings but the whole season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday Night Baseball Sox V O's : what a jerk...he got into it big time with francesa a few weeks ago. ripped the giants and eli after he retired. left his pregnant wife for a stripper
    Posted by J-BAY

SI ran a piece on him in which he did come across as a jerk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

After beating the orange birds 8-7 on May 16th, we went above .500 for the season at 21-20, 3 games behind the AL East leading devil dawgs.  And since that day the Red Sox have gone 30-15, the second best record in MLB, now up on the spankee.  Meanwhile, the orange birds have gone 17-28 since May 16th, 6th worst in MLB.  We play the birds 13 more times over the rest of the season. Laughing Agreed, wakes, aceves, miller have kept us going. I don't think Paps has been as good as "his" save totals and can't wait for Bard to be the closer

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Plaxico maybe. Tiki? No way! Huge ego, way past his prime. Although, I'll add that the Pats locker room might shrink that ego a bit. BTW....Buck Showalter? STICK IT.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday Night Baseball Sox V O's : OH REALLY? when joel starts leaving the drew train, u know its time to get the samsonites ready!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

That train left my station some time ago.  I'm just not into bashing Drew like some others here.  I appreciate what he has done in the past, and I love his play in RF, but I'm afraid his time has come and gone now.  I'm looking forward to seeing Reddick and/or Kalish play on a regular basis.  I assume one of them will be getting traded, though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday Night Baseball Sox V O's : SI ran a piece on him in which he did come across as a jerk.
    Posted by joel49

Huge jerk, especially the incredibly moronic Anne Frank comparison.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

If Jenks could ever get back to his old form, this team would be so tough.
    Posted by bobbysu
    WHO'S FATTER, JENKS OR COLON? his buttons are about to explode off his body like the incredible hulf!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

TB wins...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday Night Baseball Sox V O's : SI ran a piece on him in which he did come across as a jerk.
    Posted by joel49

Joel, he comes across as a jerk every time he opens his mouth. Just look at him sitting there, looking like all the playa. No way man, give it to Woodhead.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday Night Baseball Sox V O's : But that's a great thing about baseball, it isn't about one or two outings but the whole season.
    Posted by SinceYaz

I agree with you. It is a long season full of peaks and valleys. I'm just making the point that he hasn't been real sharp in his last two games, both of which he entered with a three-run lead and left us clinging on for deal life, and he could probably use a day or two off to re-charge. That's all that I'm saying.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yeah! FIRST PLACE! Hopefully this time for good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

"Hey Yaz, what is your favorite donut, and I mean fresh out of the fryer?  I used to love French Cruellers but only when just made.  My father ran a Dunkins in NH from '68 to '86.  It was kind of mandatory to work there when we came of age."

I realize this was directed at Yaz, fizsh, but I've got to chime in with chocolate glazed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday Night Baseball Sox V O's : That train left my station some time ago.  I'm just not into bashing Drew like some others here.  I appreciate what he has done in the past, and I love his play in RF, but I'm afraid his time has come and gone now.  I'm looking forward to seeing Reddick and/or Kalish play on a regular basis.  I assume one of them will be getting traded, though.
    Posted by joel49
    great analysis. think u trade after next year once u see what u have with reddick. experts think chiaeng is the best of the bunch. has serious power, high average and is hands-down the BEST defensive player in the organization

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Welcome back to 1st place fellas!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

Woot!! I think I lost track of how many last names I now have.......:) 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Nice win. First place is ours. Sweet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

SWEET WIN

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

and JD drew may well retire rather than linger like johnny demon, etc.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Tito must go

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

HHHEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 1st place!!

back where we belong

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Love these stress free games.  See you all tomorrow.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Smile

Sections
Shortcuts