Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr-Murgatroyd. Show Mr-Murgatroyd's posts

Re: Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox

In Response to Re: Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox : Great, you are watching the game and are a Red Sox fan and very observant.
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

Pike stop.  Every fan is not like you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

There is no bad luck, just bad baseball. The Sox are surely feeling the pressures and after this 4 game series, those pressures will not be gone, only intensified. Time to face the music, the Sox are not that great a team. Injuries aside, they don't know how to win games, but they surely know how to lose them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]BINGO, DGalehouse is here.
    I was here before you. Check the thread before you make your annoying remarks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Rays are cheating, using those break-away bats.
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

Is Greg Pruitt their equipment manager?

For you youngsters, he was a Browns running back in the late '70s known for wearing jersey that tore away easily.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ct-pitcher. Show ct-pitcher's posts

Has anyone heard what Paul Byrd may be doing now?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

One run back and a slam to put the Sox up by 1!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

geez..i guess TB is our Daddy...let's wake up team!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Gotta hold them here.  No more runs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

thanks to a passed ball the sox score. ANY kind of sacrifice they get two runs.

And they got 4 outs

(-1) run franky.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

What is the highest payroll ever to miss the playoffs?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox : Great, you are watching the game and are a Red Sox fan and very observant.

I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY BECAUSE I DO KNOW IT'S NOT ALL BAD LUCK, I KNOW IT'S BASEBALL, I KNOW THINGS EVEN OUT OVER TIME, ETC. ETC. BUT I WISH TO VENT BECAUSE TO ME IT SEEMS LIKE THIS TAMPA TEAM HAS A HEX ON US! WE GET MEN ON 1ST & 2ND AND, YUP, WATCHING THE GAME I SEE ELLSBURY'S BALL FAIR 95% OF THE WAY AND THEN IT MUST HAVE GONE FOUL OF 1ST BY 1/2 INCH! THEN WE REALLY GET A BREAK ON A 3-2 TO PEDROIA WHERE THE PITCH LOOKED LIKE A STRIKE & REPLAY SHOWED IT AS A STRIKE BUT IT'S CALLED A BALL & WE GET THE BASES LOADED.  AGON HITS A GROUNDER THAT COULD BE A DOUBLE PLAY BALL BUT FLUBBED BUT THEY STILL GET AN OUT. CAN WE GET A CLUTCH HIT WITH THE BASES FULL ??? OK, I'LL BE PATIENT & WAIT FOR THE WORM TO TURN.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Good to be back.

Epic, that is all I have to say.  Epic bind, I am a life long Sox fan from Ted's last at-bat to today. One side of me wants the haves, the Sox, to win it all. This is truly an Epic team. The other side of me wants, and please forgive me, the have-nots Rays to win all in an epic story of the have-nots over-coming the haves-Sox. 

Life gets better but it also gets complex.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]What is the highest payroll ever to miss the playoffs?
    Posted by thefly8[/QUOTE]

Must be the '08 Yankees.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]HOW MUCH BAD LUCK CAN WE HAVE AGAINST THIS RAYS TEAM ??? CRAWFORD, OF COURSE, FORMER RAY WHO ALWAY KILLED US DOESN'T GET ORTIZ ACROSS.  ORTIZ' HIT WOULD HAVE BEEN A DOUBLE BY ANYONE ELSE, THEN ON THE PASSED BALL HE'D HAVE GONE TO 3RD & THEN SCORED ON THE BALK. BUT, TO HAVE A BALL THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A DOUBLE PLAY...THERE WERE 2 OUTS SO WE DIDN'T NEED IT...A BROKEN BAT PREVENTS SCUTARO FROM FIELDING IT.  OK, WE NEED SOME JUSTICE BUT "NO", LONGORIA GETS HOMER MAYBE 2-3 FT OUT OF REACH FROM BEING AN OUT. I HATE THE RAYS MORE THAN THE YANKEES !!! I KNOW IT'S BASEBALL SO MEA CULPA BUT I NEEDED TO VENT !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

Ditto. It's the stupid luck they always have. A broken bat hit, a bad hop grounder, a ball that hits the base and deflects, etc. They remind me of the Atlanta Braves from the early 90's, I hated them too. But in the end, they will always lose. The Rays, as usual, will probably not make the playoffs, and will defenitely not win the World Series. Not enough pixie dust left for that. We'll get 'em eventually.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Wieland did not pitch badly couple of bad breaks did him in (no pun intended). We just cannot beat this team. I think in every game they have scored first. It also kills me as to why AGON swings at the 2nd pitch when Hellickson is struggling.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox : I was here before you. Check the thread before you make your annoying remarks.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

As I was typing you arrived.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr-Murgatroyd. Show Mr-Murgatroyd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox : As I was typing you arrived.

Just Trolling away aren't you Pike?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Thanks, I think they were over 200 mil...that was great!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Does anyone get the sense that the Sox have forgotten how to win? During this slide, they've gotten consistently behind early and have lost the ability to respond accordingly. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenway3. Show fenway3's posts

Before last weekend I said the Sox only need one game. This weekend the Sox once again need only one game to limp home.  With Becket and Lester going this weekend: one of our aces has to come up big. If both win the Red Sox will relax and get a little streak going.  Francona has a choice.  Let the kid eat up innings to save the pullpen for those two games or pull him out early since we need Becket and Lester to go out get at least seven innings.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox : Pike stop.  Every fan is not like you.
    Posted by Mr-Murgatroyd[/QUOTE]

BINGO. Many have tantrums and look for scapegoats. Sox are hitting the ball hard but ten feet short and wind is blowing in. It is a game of breaks and tough luck.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr-Murgatroyd. Show Mr-Murgatroyd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox : BINGO. Many have tantrums and look for scapegoats. Sox are hitting the ball hard but ten feet short and wind is blowing in. It is a game of breaks and tough luck.

Your reaction to the happenings of the game are no more correct than other Sox fans and you should know that but you are too stubborn to learn.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I just do not think Crawford is a good fit for this club. He has warning track power to right field and thats it. I also believe he is a small market player who should not be in the spotlight.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

I can not believe that Youk and Gonzie missd the oppurtunity to put some runs. This team offense needs to click and soon.