Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox

Here is a chilling thought. Could it be that the Rays are a better team?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I've lived in SF Bay area past 45 years...first 21 in Maine and roots run deep so a Boston team fan 1st & local team 2nd. Yup, I know, Giants won World Series last year.  Maybe I'm greedy but I seem to be watching 2 teams I like who can't score. The enigma is that the Red Sox are 1st in Team Batting Ave. with .280 & ON Base Percentage of .461.  The Giants are last, 30th, with .239 ave & OBP .358.

It's just frustrating watching my 2 favorite teams as hitless, oops, I mean scoreless wonders. The Giants I can see why but we are leading the league. We must be leading the league too in LOB (men left on base). If I sound cynical, I've made my point !!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]This kills me. The Rays have the Sox in a hole, but they're whining about every play. He was out Maddon!  
    Posted by soxdawg08[/QUOTE]

I know. Longoria is getting the same outside strike Youkilis is getting called a strike. I don't know what he's on about?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

The Sox will end the season the same way they started the season. EVERY game counts.Cry
    The NY papers awhile back were asking the yanks would they make the wildcard. What wildcard was their response.  We WILL win the pennant.
    That is NOT how the Sox think. Yell

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]i dont think the sox realize that their whole season is on the line in this series, they are playing with no urgency
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

What the he!! does this mean?

How can you tell in baseball whether or not a team is playing with urgency. It's one of the most ridiculous phrases being uttered about this team right now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

[QUOTE]i dont think the sox realize that their whole season is on the line in this series, they are playing with no urgency
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Their millions and millions are in the bank no matter what!  Where else can you find that in this country?
    God Bless America!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]I have to help my kids with their homework that is a hell of a lot more interesting than this game. hOW MANY TIME HAVE THEY USED THIS TEAM FOR TOILET PAPER IN A ROW NOW ? They are not even close games.Good night everybody.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

It is tough to help your kids on homework when you can't can't control your fingers on keyboard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

[QUOTE]Here is a chilling thought. Could it be that the Rays are a better team?
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

They are not the better team but they have a better heart and will to win games at any cost; they give it all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

AGON never did what I thought he was going to do. Bashes 5 hits in a game and in another game he cannot hit the ball out of the infield. Crawford looks pathetic at the plate as well. How much money do these guys make ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lmitaly. Show lmitaly's posts

The bottom line is our pitching is abysmal!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Here is a chilling thought. Could it be that the Rays are a better team?
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

No.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

I honestly think YOUK is done, he will be a career 0.250 hitter from now on. They should dump him and look for internal or external replacement.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

There has been a lot of better teams lately, Jays for one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Only God knows what you are going to get from Beckett tomorrow night.  Youkillis is a good player but hurt every year. Now he looks awful as he is playing in pain. Theo never made a deal except for a lazy injury prone problematic pitcher (Bedard) who looks like he could not even give a dam.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I have to agree with the Rays announcers when they say Youk just is not cutting it.  That was a 92mph fastball that Youk looked terrible hacking at.  Almost sad to watch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox : What the he!! does this mean? How can you tell in baseball whether or not a team is playing with urgency. It's one of the most ridiculous phrases being uttered about this team right now.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

Excuse him like Harness does, his 100% passion is 100% excusable. Harness loves passion and not logic. Me thinks that Harness just might have common stock in the Globe or else he is on their payroll out there in Seattle ( night shift). Any traffic into the forum whether it is sh-it or not is fine with Harness.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Sox look as bad as the weather   - interesting it  does not bother  the dome team.

Is it time  to  send Youk home to get his  hernia and hip taken care of    he grimaces on every swing   obviuos pain.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

[QUOTE]Only God knows what you are going to get from Beckett tomorrow night.  Youkillis is a good player but hurt every year. Now he looks awful as he is playing in pain. Theo never made a deal except for a lazy injury prone problematic pitcher (Bedard) who looks like he could not even give a dam.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]
    Get real guys, youk is DONE. He is versatile but for thrd baseman they can do a better job.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox : The broken bat prevented Scutaro from fielding the routine grounder, Weren't you watching?
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

I just turned it on. I did not see the broken bat play. That is one play. Is the broken bat to blame for their current dismal play in the last 12 games. No. Time to stop making excuses for this club. Injuries, broken bats, almost hits, enough already. The Sox are not playing good baseball. Simple. They are not playing to win games. They need a good asrs chewing. Something to jolt them awake.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Tampa is hitting .244 as a team, scoring 3.4 runs per game. Yet, they batter the Sox. It would be interesting to know what they average in batting and RPG against the Sox. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

As I said b4 Carl Crawford is the wrong match for this club. We have a lack of right handed power hitters and it shows. Crwford is not advantageous to this club. They should try to dump him off to the Angels who are a better fit for him.  At least Jason Bay could power hit. Carl Crawford has warning track power in Fenway.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

This series IS important but I would not want to be in the Rays situation.  Counting tonight they play 11 of their last 14 with the Sox and Yankees - if they win out they deserve everything - but they won't.  I would worry more about the Angels than the Rays because while the AL East beats up on each other, the Angels only chase the Rangers and the WC in a much weaker division.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

bat got to scutaros feet   ahead of the ball  bouncing  to him..   but it was the   3 run homer  1-2 batters later that made it 4-9...

Rays don't seem effected by rain / cold   Sox   3 hits ..
    Youk out for Aviles..  Albers in guess Tito  is not worried about another L.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

[QUOTE]As I said b4 Carl Crawford is the wrong match for this club. We have a lack of right handed power hitters and it shows. Crwford is not advantageous to this club. They should try to dump him off to the Angels who are a better fit for him.  At least Jason Bay could power hit. Carl Crawford has warning track power in Fenway.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Crawford was the best player on the Rays, Lackey was the best pitcher when he played for Angels...they are not performing under Francona. He is not a manager who can get the best out of players. I can only imagine how succesful sox will be with Maddon as their coach, someone passionate and value winning.