Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox

Allright Tito keep bringing on ALBERS nice !!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox : Crawford was the best player on the Rays, Lackey was the best pitcher when he played for Angels...they are not performing under Francona. He is not a manager who can get the best out of players. I can only imagine how succesful sox will be with Maddon as their coach, someone passionate and value winning.
    Posted by lhtak[/QUOTE]

Could be a factor, a lot of players seem to fall off when they get here. Who knows.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

[QUOTE]This series IS important but I would not want to be in the Rays situation.  Counting tonight they play 11 of their last 14 with the Sox and Yankees - if they win out they deserve everything - but they won't.  I would worry more about the Angels than the Rays because while the AL East beats up on each other, the Angels only chase the Rangers and the WC in a much weaker division.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]
    Stop worrying about Rays and Angels, if sox can not beat the lowly Jays there is an issue with this team.The way they are playing now any team in baseball can beat them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

Sorry display by the Sox tonight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Sciosa and Maddon are much better Managers than Francona!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

rs=bp for tb.

sux when the bledsoe int. is more interesting than the game. ouch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]As I said b4 Carl Crawford is the wrong match for this club. We have a lack of right handed power hitters and it shows. Crwford is not advantageous to this club. They should try to dump him off to the Angels who are a better fit for him.  At least Jason Bay could power hit. Carl Crawford has warning track power in Fenway.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Aside from his lack of production , the problem with Crawford is that he is practically untradeable , due to his huge contract.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

What a shame that so many Red Sox fans were not here in the first three innings and only arrived when they fell behind. It seems to happen all of the time. What can you conclude from that? Think it over. J-Bay knows. He has finally seen the light and that is why he has gone.  Sadly the Yankee fans rule here. The forum although being a Boston Globe Forum is 95% Yankee  closet fans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

[QUOTE]The bottom line is our pitching is abysmal!!!
    Posted by lmitaly[/QUOTE]

8 to 1.....add hitting to the bottom line.
    Season is too long-playoffs should be well underway but they need the $ for the salaries Cry

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Albers the man.

last  5.2/3 games with Tampa Bay  outscored us  40-10..  They  certainly seem like a better team   in comparison to us.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr-Murgatroyd. Show Mr-Murgatroyd's posts

[QUOTE]What a shame that so many Red Sox fans were not here in the first three innings and only arrived when they fell behind. It seems to happen all of the time. What can you conclude from that? Think it over. J-Bay knows. He has finally seen the light and that is why he has gone.  Sadly the Yankee fans rule here. The forum although being a Boston Globe Forum is 95% Yankee  closet fans.
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]

J-Bay is watching the forum particularly this thread and if the Sox come  back and win he will be here.  He hasn't gone anywhere.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]What a shame that so many Red Sox fans were not here in the first three innings and only arrived when they fell behind. It seems to happen all of the time. What can you conclude from that? Think it over. J-Bay knows. He has finally seen the light and that is why he has gone.  Sadly the Yankee fans rule here. The forum although being a Boston Globe Forum is 95% Yankee  closet fans.

You never responded when I caught you in a lie before. Read through the thread. My first post was at 7:15. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

Sad to say that we are giving them plenty to gloat about Cry

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

Rays vs Rangers will be a hell of a postseason matchup.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

For those wishing to post on this thread, a warning:

APPROACH  WITH  CARE!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr-Murgatroyd. Show Mr-Murgatroyd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox : You never responded when I caught you in a lie before. Read through the thread. My first post was at 7:15. 
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Pike doesn't care about the truth.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IowaSoxFan. Show IowaSoxFan's posts

Quit blaming the manager - that's stupid.  Take a look at the lineup.  Other than 3-4 pitchers on the current staff, this is a AAA pitching staff.  The batting lineup is not much better. 

Francona has dealt with injury after injury and still has the Sox in a great position to make the playoffs.  Wakefield, Miller, Weiland, Wakefield...um, yes, this is the pitching rotation.  Throw in Lackey and those five are not as good as the Omaha Stormchasers - Royals AAA team.   That is not even mentioning the rubber arms that currently man the pathetic bullpen.

Tough to win a pennant or get to the playoffs that way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]For those wishing to post on this thread, a warning: APPROACH  WITH  CARE!
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I thought that you were salaried. Do you actually have to punch in  for the night BDC shift?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In the game I am watching - the Sox never fell behind because they never had the lead.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ldupesox. Show Ldupesox's posts

Hey guys long time reader first time poster. I live out here in San Francisco and have followed the Giants since I got here. I am origionally from Baton Rouge, LA but my dad is from the Boston area so I grew up a Sox fan. I honestly don't think the Sox will miss the playoffs. This actually reminds me a bit like the end of the 07 season, when the Sox backed into the division and played about .500 ball from June-October. However, it's a bit more serious because adding the Rays makes it a 3 team race and in 07 if I remember correctly, it was mostly between the Yanks and Sox. Boston will be fine, I still like them to take 2 games in this series, and start next monday up 4. But does anybody feel like maybe try switching Carl Crawford to right field? May give him a little more room to use his speed in the outfield and might make him a little more comfortable. I'm not saying that's his problem, but maybe he just feels tight with that big wall behind him and you never know what can make a player relax a bit. Maybe that sounds stupid but good lord what else could we try? Like it or not, I feel as if we are stuck with him his entire contract.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Drew Bledsoe highlights. Do they even realize how aggravating this is? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mantazz. Show Mantazz's posts

Rays vs Rangers will be a hell of a postseason matchup.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from IowaSoxFan. Show IowaSoxFan's posts

It would take a double cut for Crawford to get the ball to 3rd or home from the Fenway right field.

25. This post has been removed.