Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Re: Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox

Go  with the ebb and flow    of the season    but   this   gets   to be more than a sputter.

Now it is just ugly baseball exposing all of our weaknesses..

Game was a stinker before bledsoe arrived     but banter   ends  thankfully with the inning.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

This is hard to take.  Remy and Orsillo laughing and joking while the ship is sinking.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Thank you Baltimore and Matt Wieters.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

The Rays are playing with utmost confidence. The Sox are scratching their heads.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

...and guess what Orsillo and Remy are scratching  Sometimes I just don't think they have a clue and other times I know they don't.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I cannot remember them ever having the lead against Tampa Bay in a long time.

In Response to Re: Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox:
    In the game I am watching - the Sox never fell behind because they never had the lead.
    Posted by traven

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

I'd settle  for CC becoming comfortable with the bat ...  Something he's looked comfortable about  15 games all sason..

Many of his bats are ugly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Needed Crawford like a hole in the head. Should have signed Bay after the 2009 season. He was a better fit for our club than the Mets. They did not need Gonzalez either. Beltre has just as many home runs as AGON and is cheaper. Victor Martiez is a better hitter than Saltamachia. It would have been cheaper to keep these guys instead of pick up Boy Wonders Favorites.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Tito officially throwing in the towel , as Iglesias runs for Scutaro.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

must be  cool in Boston     Mr Yellow headphones  has his Red Northface  jacket on that he's not worn since April.

2nd row  field seats  behond the plate   what are they $$ fo season tix ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

Quit blaming the manager - that's stupid.  Take a look at the lineup.  Other than 3-4 pitchers on the current staff, this is a AAA pitching staff.  The batting lineup is not much better.  Francona has dealt with injury after injury and still has the Sox in a great position to make the playoffs.  Wakefield, Miller, Weiland, Wakefield...um, yes, this is the pitching rotation.  Throw in Lackey and those five are not as good as the Omaha Stormchasers - Royals AAA team.   That is not even mentioning the rubber arms that currently man the pathetic bullpen. Tough to win a pennant or get to the playoffs that way.
    Posted by IowaSoxFan

I do not understand these excuses and when the season begun sox pitching was supposed to be one of the best two. Now we compare them to AAA. Everyone goes thr injuries. When Francona coached the PHillies his record is 285 wins and 363 losses; point is he can not make any team better, he is good on a great team with a lot of $ resources. I would like to see Francona's skills with a team like Rays/pirates. Leadership matters a lot for any organization/person. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

What do you expect them to say ? They said this was in the tank a while ago when Bledsoe was in the booth. The Red Sox stunk it up tonight. badly. You are giving this young team momentum and confidence. What is it about 6 in a reow they have beaten us ? No excuses, bad GM moves and lack of picking up players.

...and guess what Orsillo and Remy are scratching  Sometimes I just don't think they have a clue and other times I know they don't.
    Posted by traven

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

What do you expect them to say ? They said this was in the tank a while ago when Bledsoe was in the booth. The Red Sox stunk it up tonight. badly. You are giving this young team momentum and confidence. What is it about 6 in a reow they have beaten us ? No excuses, bad GM moves and lack of picking up players. In Response to Re: Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox :
    Posted by AL34

Right Al , all is lost. Are there any good high school football games for you to go to tomorrow night?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

I can not watch this bleeding anymore, sox play sucks!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

What a disgrace. Good night everbody. This team has had our number since 2008. Amazing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Good night Pike !

In Response to Re: Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox : Right Al , all is lost. Are there any good high school football games for you to go to tomorrow night?
    Posted by BeaconHill19

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox : I do not understand these excuses and when the season begun sox pitching was supposed to be one of the best two. Now we compare them to AAA. Everyone goes thr injuries. When Francona coached the PHillies his record is 285 wins and 363 losses; point is he can not make any team better, he is good on a great team with a lot of $ resources. I would like to see Francona's skills with a team like Rays/pirates. Leadership matters a lot for any organization/person. 
    Posted by lhtak

when the season begun sox pitching was supposed to be one of the best two. Now we compare them to AAA.

when the season BEGAN OUR ROTATION  WAS BECKETT/LESTER/BUCHOLZ/MATSUZAKA/LACKEY.....

Matsuzaka has been on the DL since May 17.
    Bucholz has been on the DL since June 17
    Lackey and Lester have been on the 15 Day DL
    Becketts has missed some starts//

Not  quite what we started with is it ?
    Miller/Wieland/wakefield      and more...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ldupesox. Show Ldupesox's posts

Needed Crawford like a hole in the head. Should have signed Bay after the 2009 season. He was a better fit for our club than the Mets. They did not need Gonzalez either. Beltre has just as many home runs as AGON and is cheaper. Victor Martiez is a better hitter than Saltamachia. It would have been cheaper to keep these guys instead of pick up Boy Wonders Favorites.
    Posted by AL34

I can agree about the Carl Crawford/J-Bay situation. But to say A-Gon wasn't needed is pretty dumb. Beltre also is so much more injury prone. A-Gon is hitting 60 points higher than him, and has 20 more RBI, which is more than you think. And don't say you werent one of the people who was pumped when CC signed with us. Because he killed us in Tampa. Yeh, he's blown this year, but I'd bet $ when his contract is over, he will have played about what we expected. Hindsight is so 20/20 and that reigns none truer than in sports. Every fan thinks he can GM better than the next. Now, as much that is right with this organization, there is a bunch wrong. I do feel like certain people in the organization care more about marketing the franchise than winning. You would like the manager to show more entusiasm, but I don't think Tito is the problem. I've seen some complaints about Remy and Don, I think they are great at what they do, but yes I agree, sometimes I wish they wouldn't be so damn chipper when we are getting our butts whipped, but this team always does this, they F around and makes their fans panic, but they always pull it out in the end. This is REALLY pissing me off, but sometimes I think it needs to get put into perspective, The Pirates just ensured themselves 18 straight losing seasons, how would you like to be a fan of that team? The Patriots ALWAYS compete, the Celtics have more championships than any other team in NBA history, and the B's just won the cup. Everybody relax, the Sox will come out tomorrow and win. Mark my words.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Good night all...this has turned into the Don and Jerry show.  Tomorrow is another night.  Go SOX!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I would have kept Youkillis at firts bse and he would not have been baten up so much. I think Beltre would have been even better tah he is hitting now and better in home runs.

In Response to Re: Thursday night Game Thread:Rays at Red Sox : I can agree about the Carl Crawford/J-Bay situation. But to say A-Gon wasn't needed is pretty dumb. Beltre also is so much more injury prone. A-Gon is hitting 60 points higher than him, and has 20 more RBI, which is more than you think. And don't say you werent one of the people who was pumped when CC signed with us. Because he killed us in Tampa. Yeh, he's blown this year, but I'd bet $ when his contract is over, he will have played about what we expected. Hindsight is so 20/20 and that reigns none truer than in sports. Every fan thinks he can GM better than the next. Now, as much that is right with this organization, there is a bunch wrong. I do feel like certain people in the organization care more about marketing the franchise than winning. You would like the manager to show more entusiasm, but I don't think Tito is the problem. I've seen some complaints about Remy and Don, I think they are great at what they do, but yes I agree, sometimes I wish they wouldn't be so damn chipper when we are getting our butts whipped, but this team always does this, they F around and makes their fans panic, but they always pull it out in the end. This is REALLY pissing me off, but sometimes I think it needs to get put into perspective, The Pirates just ensured themselves 18 straight losing seasons, how would you like to be a fan of that team? The Patriots ALWAYS compete, the Celtics have more championships than any other team in NBA history, and the B's just won the cup. Everybody relax, the Sox will come out tomorrow and win. Mark my words.
    Posted by Ldupesox

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

We'll get 'em tomorrow.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Interesting. With the game completely out of hand , Miller seemed to relax , just started rearing back and firing the ball.  Suddenly , he looked like the pitcher that we had hoped he was.  Any chance that he can learn from that and continue to do it in the future?  Just a thought.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

For those wishing to post on this thread, a warning: APPROACH  WITH  CARE!
    Posted by harness

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

As Mike Singeltary said, "We are who we THOUGHT we are"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Another ugly night

Sections
Shortcuts