Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals

In Response to Re: Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals:
    [QUOTE]As many hits tonight as the whole series against Tampa. Any W is a nice W, but the offense needs to do more. Might survive KC, but for Texas and NYY we'll need Papi. Hope he can make it back.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

said he'll be back Tuesday, Exam...could always change, but let's hope

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Goodnight all, Wins always make the evening pleasant!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

That Bermie Madoff disaster has killed the operations of the Mets and they cannot move money around at all because of it.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals : to say the least...in every way. theyll be the next team MLB takes over
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Got the first one. Bard and Pap been nasty. Pitching been pretty decent, but still need the offense to crank it up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

July 13, Agone batting .354 with 77 rbi's.
    August 18, batting .343 with 92 rbi's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]That Bermie Madoff disaster has killed the operations of the Mets and they cannot move money around at all because of it. In Response to Re: Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

that was the final blow, but they've been a mess for years. badly managed organization from top to bottom, built the new stadium, then the financial ruin.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals : that was the final blow, but they've been a mess for years. badly managed organization from top to bottom, built the new stadium, then the financial ruin.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

And the new stadium is one all the hitters hate because you can't get a ball out of there. Your namesake has done absolutely nothing since going there. I wanted the Sox to re-sign him, but there's a case where Theo knew what he was doing. Can you imagine if the Sox had re-uped him and he did that HERE?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals : 77 in the first half, 15 since.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

First half = 60  percent of the season. Second half is only 40 percent finished. Your analysis should really be refined to be on a per game basis. Why not try that out? Why would a true Red Sox fan wish to manipulate the figures to make someone look bad?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals : First half = 60  percent of the season. Second half is only 40 percent finished. Your analysis should really be refined to be on a per game basis. Why not try that out? Why would a true Red Sox fan wish to manipulate the figures to make someone look bad?
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

Actually, the Sox had played 90 games at the break, and were 55-35. That's 90 games, which totals exactly 55.555555 (etc) percent--not 60%. So why would a true Red Sox fan wish to manipulate the figures to make another poster look bad?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals : And the new stadium is one all the hitters hate because you can't get a ball out of there. Your namesake has done absolutely nothing since going there. I wanted the Sox to re-sign him, but there's a case where Theo knew what he was doing. Can you imagine if the Sox had re-uped him and he did that HERE?
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

BIG mistake on bays part and I think he knew it. his numbers would have been better at feway tho. he's also been injured. but i agree it worked out for the best. same thing with victor martinez and beltre.liked them both but not long term.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Well, I'm outta here. Night all---night pike. The season is now approximately 75.925926% done. Multiply all performance figures by a factor 1.24074074 to arrive at a projection for final regular season statistics.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals : 77 in the first half, 15 since.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

My point on the subsequent criticism was that the first half of the season was 55% of the season and the second "half" still has a long way to go. Yes, Adrian has lost his power stroke so far but lets not go to the mountain top and shout it out in a rejoiceful tone. Yes, there is a way to go now ( six weeks in fact) , so let's not try to tarnish someone who is hitting .350 - why in the world would any true RS fan wish to do that. Myself and most of RSN only wish him the best and I can't understand why anyone would try to manipulate the statistics to state that he is a failure in the second "half". Only a troll would act that way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals : My point on the subsequent criticism was that the first half of the season was 55% of the season and the second "half" still has a long way to go. Yes, Adrian has lost his power stroke so far but lets not go to the mountain top and shout it out in a rejoiceful tone. Yes, there is a way to go now ( six weeks in fact) , so let's not try to tarnish someone who is hitting .350 - why in the world would any true RS fan wish to do that. Myself and most of RSN only wish him the best and I can't understand why anyone would try to manipulate the statistics to state that he is a failure in the second "half". Only a troll would act that way.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]
    My point is that chuchos' question wasn't first-half, second-half, it was -- if you'll go back and read it -- "since the break." Looked it up on baseball-reference.com for him and answered his question.
    So manipulate that, officer.