Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Re: Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals

In Response to Re: Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals : Hey, I wore the same exact clothing -- right down to the boxers -- for the final three games of the '07 ALCS AND all four games of the Series. Much to Mrs. Dobler's disgust.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

I'll bet she went to Mother's for the duration.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Same K location on Crawford, down and in...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals : Uh gee, its merely an opinion post patrol ...please dont fine me this time ill be more careful next time... It was more of a frustration comment about the injuries that often come up and linger. I know the team isnt going to put out every little injury as soon as it happens. What crawled up your butt today? you are seriously on one, just waiting to get on anyone who you can find, relax dude
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]

Now see there? That's just the kind of thing I'm talking about west. The reason pike doesn't like me, and posted that tiresome rant about me a few minutes ago--is because like any bully, he can dish it out, but cannot take it. All I've done is, intentionally and with forethought, given him some of the same that he gives other posters--and you see how he reacts. He can't deal with it, but typically for that type, he doesn't get that that's what's happening. He sees himself as the loyal victim, and takes no notice at all of the things he says about other people. I'd have no problem with him at all if he just came on here and posted his opinion, even if it was negative. It's the arrogant garbage like the above that I take him to task for. It never stops, almost every post he puts on here is like that. Everyone else is an idiot, and only he is a true fan. I've only been following the Sox since 03, so I'm not a grizzled veteran I guess? Well, ok then. Goodbye guys--I'm going to start rooting for KC for the rest of the game.....Cry 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Carl please stop chasing that garbage, word is getting out on him. Saw it in Chicago, Seattle, KC (2X). A hitting instructor has to approach him and say something. If I see it how can Magaddan miss it ?  I have been watching this for weeks now !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals : I'll bet she went to Mother's for the duration.
    Posted by soxdawg08[/QUOTE]
    She just realized it was the worse of for better or worse!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Hochevar is the best pitcher I've seen since Koufax and that Seattle no-name pitcher with a Wakefield ERA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals : Thanks Soxdawg, I too get disappointed and dejected and had to go into the office  the day after the 1978 playoff game but I acted like a fan instead of looking for scapegoats on my team. Every "fan" roots differently and those that act identical to Babe and Yazzer during a game thread are suspect in my mind.
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

me too pike. i was in college in worcester mass, so i had a lot of company. after the 2003 ALCS, didnt think I could go to work, but I did and held my head up high and made all the yankee fans feel like fools for behaving they way they did. some even apologized. then in 2004 down three games, i went out to try and run it off, the entire time with a sick feeling in my stomach asking why why the yankees, why not us, then we won game one. ok at least we werent swept, won game two, ok respectable, won game three, now it was anyones series in game seven...and why not us turned into it was us, ALCS champions. i'll never forget it for as long as I live. never

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals : Now see there? That's just the kind of thing I'm talking about west. The reason pike doesn't like me, and posted that tiresome rant about me a few minutes ago--is because like any bully, he can dish it out, but cannot take it. All I've done is, intentionally and with forethought, given him some of the same that he gives other posters--and you see how he reacts. He can't deal with it, but typically for that type, he doesn't get that that's what's happening. He sees himself as the loyal victim, and takes no notice at all of the things he says about other people. I'd have no problem with him at all if he just came on here and posted his opinion, even if it was negative. It's the arrogant garbage like the above that I take him to task for. It never stops, almost every post he puts on here is like that. Everyone else is an idiot, and only he is a true fan. I've only been following the Sox since 03, so I'm not a grizzled veteran I guess? Well, ok then. Goodbye guys--I'm going to start rooting for KC for the rest of the game.....  
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Dont worry exam, its just his time of the month...I got just what he needs....

Pike, take 2 of these and get some sleep!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Sox hitters need to start looking at videos. Is Magadan doing anything for his pay?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Beckett keeps looking at the landing....dont need an injury here, could someone work on it??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals : Yea im not gonna panic yet but Im worried... No team hides injuries from its fans like the Red Sox... We will here about it when the rosters expand probably..

It's just that you are sounding authoritative instead of opinionated. I could have prefaced your post by stating that the Red Sox are always 100% open and forthcoming with all of their press releases and injury reports but I would be lying. What good is discourse here if we make up stuff and just guess and speculate and put the FO in a bad, erroneous light. What if I told the neighborhood that you cheated on your taxes? Would that be OK by you?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Once again we have no answer for Billy Butler, you would think he was battin .375 or something..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Beckett keeps looking at the landing....dont need an injury here, could someone work on it??
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

But I've noticed that Beckett does that a lot. A problem with a lot of mounds, or just a habit with him since NY last May?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals : It's just that you are sounding authoritative instead of opinionated. I could have prefaced your post by stating that the Red Sox are always 100% open and forthcoming with all of their press releases and injury reports but I would be lying. What good is discourse here if we make up stuff and just guess and speculate and put the FO in a bad, erroneous light. What if I told the neighborhood that you cheated on your taxes? Would that be OK by you?
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

Its really not even that serious... That would be slanderous... my comment is just an armchair comment.. Not the same, but you wanna play Post Patrol, I get it, its whatever.. My opinion is my opinion no matter how authoritative you take it... Im not a beat writer publishing my opinion on the sox concealing injury reports, Im just a mere casual fan, on a message board.  That does not warrant your reaction, and you are the only one on here foolish enough to take it that seriously..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals : Dont worry exam, its just his time of the month...I got just what he needs.... Pike, take 2 of these and get some sleep!

LOL...that might help some, but he can never be reformed west, he is what he is.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals : But I've noticed that Beckett does that a lot. A problem with a lot of mounds, or just a habit with him since NY last May?

Yes he does, especially if its raining..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Technically we should have swept Minnesota and win the last game there on last Wednesday.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals :  minny will win one
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

Well that hit had me worried! Come on Josh finish em off!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Long and loud out.

[QUOTE]Well that hit had me worried! Come on Josh finish em off!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals : Its really not even that serious... That would be slanderous... my comment is just an armchair comment.. Not the same, but you wanna play Post Patrol, I get it, its whatever.. My opinion is my opinion no matter how authoritative you take it... Im not a beat writer publishing my opinion on the sox concealing injury reports, Im just a mere casual fan, on a message board.  That does not warrant your reaction, and you are the only one on here foolish enough to take it that seriously..

That's the trouble west. He's wound so utterly tight because he's insecure. Everything is a threat, everyone is to be put down and crushed if they disagree. Generals in the Civil War that had that charateristic got a lot of soldiers killed. Nothing we can do about that, but seeing one rant after another gets old.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals : But I've noticed that Beckett does that a lot. A problem with a lot of mounds, or just a habit with him since NY last May?

he does exam, but becketts particular about the mound....dont need him to slip, pull his back etc.

Not easy for becks tonight, but grinding

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night game thread:Red Sox at Royals : Dont worry exam, its just his time of the month...I got just what he needs.... Pike, take 2 of these and get some sleep!
    You know, Coast, I have to admit: I pulled a muscle pretty bad in my back once, and that stuff did wonders for me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Nice pitch Josh.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

the smaller scrappy players continue to show the power.  Go Pedey!
    AGone has been the same since the All Star game and the home run derby...got hurt?  And I didn't see that pedey was on the cover of SI.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Good job by Beck to get out of that. As usual, one bad pitch tonight, but fortunately it didn't lose him the game like it did last time against KC. I guess that'll be all for him tonight. Was hoping he could get through 7.