Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox

Salty should've walked by now..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

He can't lay off that pitch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Swing and a miss. Saltalamacchia strikes out. Where have I heard that before ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]Pinch hitting Punto for Byrd ?   What TF ?? trying to send Byrd a little message perhaps ?
    Posted by jimedfred[/QUOTE]

never liked the Punto deal or Punto....I prefered Lowrie in that role who could at least get the ball out of the IF......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]Oh but not for Jeter.  Not the greatest shortstop in the history of the game.  We couldn't suspend him now could we. When was the last time a Sox pitcher even ATTEMPTED to back him off the plate? I could only gun it up to 80 MPH and I am not sure if I even have a curve anymore but one thing is for sure - I think I could get Jeter out.  Just bust him inside.  If I were GM I'd make it a rule that if you throw a single pitch to Jeter on the outer half you would be DFA'ed without a hearing......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    I agree, if I was a Sox pitcher everyone in my division would get at least a little chin music once in the game. Why not scare the hitter and have them take that little step back n the batters box, jam it on the inside corner one more time and then start to go for down and away to him. But you know, our coaches would never teach something that useful now would they.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : I agree, if I was a Sox pitcher everyone in my division would get at least a little chin music once in the game. Why not scare the hitter and have them take that little step back n the batters box, jam it on the inside corner one more time and then start to go for down and away to him. But you know, our coaches would never teach something that useful now would they.
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

Well, actually I was just referring to Jeter but there were a bunch of Orioles who were digging in on us all series and we didn't do a thing about it..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : never liked the Punto deal or Punto....I prefered Lowrie in that role who could at least get the ball out of the IF......
    I can't believe how much stuff we are agreeing on tonight, but Punto was just a flat out stupid move when we could have kept some continuity with Lowrie and ride his hot streaks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Bases loaded LETS GO LASER SHOW TIME

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

This is getting interesting!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Boy I wish Beckett were pitching for them right now so Sox could tie it up with one swing on a meatball pitch.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to "Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : It's intentional cheating and warrants suspension. END of story Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE] NHL has flop rule and it's a penalty.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Well, actually I was just referring to Jeter but there were a bunch of Orioles who were digging in on us all series and we didn't do a thing about it..
    At this point not even a AAA player would be afraid of our pitchers, so maybe its high time to change our attitude towards showing division rivals we mean business.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

At least they had a shot...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Swung at ball four.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : I can't believe how much stuff we are agreeing on tonight, but Punto was just a flat out stupid move when we could have kept some continuity with Lowrie and ride his hot streaks.

Is that bad for you or good for me?  I'm lost???  LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

how do you swing at that with how incosistent this pitcher had been that inning?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : At this point not even a AAA player would be afraid of our pitchers, so maybe its high time to change our attitude towards showing division rivals we mean business.

That's just it.  I heard Kotchman told Shapiro that he would demand an immediate trade and go to the player's Union if Acta didn't start him tomorrow night against Bucholtz!!!!!!!  Someone really wants to pad his stats!!!!!!  I dream of Christie Brinkley while pro hitters dream of facing Red Sox pitching!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Is that bad for you or good for me?  I'm lost???  LOL
    haha, umm it's good for both of us! Attrition has brought Sox fans together these days. It's not that we have disagreed a lot, we have had varying opinions for varying reasons when it comes to certain players. Kinda vague I know, lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox": [QUOTE]how do you swing at that with how incosistent this pitcher had been that inning? Posted by freediro[/QUOTE] Why does this team do ANYTHING they do? Questions like that are coming to mind more and more frequently year to year since 2007. To the point now, hardly an inning goes by where one doesn't come up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox": NHL has flop rule and it's a penalty.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame[/QUOTE]

Exactly.........ticks me off to no end when they allow that. Pitchers can't "decieve" the runners. Why should a batter be able to intentionally decieve the umpires. Furthermore when you HEAR the F'n ball hit the bat couldn't another ump say something

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

someone find me an even fancier word for how putrid/atrocious this pitching staff has been. If not we could make something up to describe the debacle we, the fans, have to endure on a nightly basis.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : haha, umm it's good for both of us! Attrition has brought Sox fans together these days. It's not that we have disagreed a lot, we have had varying opinions for varying reasons when it comes to certain players. Kinda vague I know, lol

That's cool.  Disagreeing is part of it.  Happens all the time....Some of my favorite posters disagree with me on certain things.  Dobbs still thinks Drew is a stud :)  You know, I just don't tolerate pointless insults or well, yankee fans :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]someone find me an even fancier word for how putrid/atrocious this pitching staff has been. If not we could make something up to describe the debacle we, the fans, have to endure on a nightly basis.

The only reason I am still following this team is because it is going to get worse and I want to see just how bad it gets despite that Dobbs and BV promised we hit rock bottom weeks ago!!!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]someone find me an even fancier word for how putrid/atrocious this pitching staff has been. If not we could make something up to describe the debacle we, the fans, have to endure on a nightly basis.

How about REPUGNANT?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : How about REPUGNANT?
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]
    nice, that is going onto my list of favorite 10cent words such as GARGANTUAN

Sections
Shortcuts