Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]I agree Beckett should never have stayed here on this team, im so angry that i wen t from watching it on my tv to gameday in fear i might throw something at my tv lol
    Posted by 1972SoxFan4eva[/QUOTE]

Yip, that's why I'm about to turn if off totally and go outside to take some practice swings for tommorow night's softball game. Think I can get Beckett to soft toss to me like he did Cleveland?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : theyre all part of the team, 67
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

not for long

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to "Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox": [QUOTE]It gets tougher to smile with each succeeding start that Beckett makes...something is definitely wrong with him...and Buch...and Lester...and on and on. Posted by traven[/QUOTE] Yes something is wrong with all of them.....they STINK!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

And BTW, if the Sox and Reds don't get in, I think I'm for Texas. Anyone else on board with that? Seem slike most Sox fans like Texas for some reason. I wish like heck they'd beaten the loathed Cardinals last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Well, the offense has been weakened by Jake being hurt, the insane Crawford deal, and the fact we have ZERO Outfield depth in the minors.

The pitching is just incredibly over rated with "our big 3" - absolutely disgraceful.

Much of this mess can be directly attributed to one Theo "I'm outta here" Epstein........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

I will always be a RS fan, I have dealt with the ups and the downs for some 50 years but I don't think I remember seeing a less impressive bunch.  No life at all here and I am having trouble with that.  I understand that we are stuck with Theo's lack of vision and inability to control the check book of a deep pocketed owner but at least show me effort.  I would have np putting beckett on waivers or something.  Addition by subtraction?  I will continue to support but come on show me something.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : theyre all part of the team, 67
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I'm not one to praise bad attitudes and lousy performances.  Josh has a history of both.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]And BTW, if the Sox and Reds don't get in, I think I'm for Texas. Anyone else on board with that? Seem slike most Sox fans like Texas for some reason. I wish like heck they'd beaten the loathed Cardinals last year.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Yes, I lived there for a year and followed the team just a little bit.  Plus NOLAN RYAN was one of my childhood idols.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]And BTW, if the Sox and Reds don't get in, I think I'm for Texas. Anyone else on board with that? Seem slike most Sox fans like Texas for some reason. I wish like heck they'd beaten the loathed Cardinals last year.

I am not a Texas fan , but I like to see them do well. Plenty of respect for Nolan Ryan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

It's sad that I'm 15 and all these people are blowing up. They obviously don't know what it means to be a fan. You stick with your team through thick and thin don't stop watching the games because your team is losing that's pathetic. Most of you have been "Fans" since before we won a world series in 2004... You should know what it's like to not have th best team. Tell me how many teams would do good with your team mvp on the DL. We have Lackey, DiceK, Jenks, Ells, Craw, Kalish, and Bailey on the DL. Do you know how hard that is to survive through? I live in Florida and I watch the pitch by pitch every single day and whenever a game is televised I watch it as intently as possible knowing it doesn't happen that much. He!!, I even wear Red Sox jerseys to school knowing that the rays fans will ridicule me. Jeez, some of you need to learn the true definition of being a fan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]Well, the offense has been weakened by Jake being hurt, the insane Crawford deal, and the fact we have ZERO Outfield depth in the minors. The pitching is just incredibly over rated with "our big 3" - absolutely disgraceful. Much of this mess can be directly attributed to one Theo "I'm outta here" Epstein........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Jake seems to get hurt alot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to "Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox": [QUOTE]And BTW, if the Sox and Reds don't get in, I think I'm for Texas. Anyone else on board with that? Seem slike most Sox fans like Texas for some reason. I wish like heck they'd beaten the loathed Cardinals last year. Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE] What is wrong with the Cardinals? They play hard, play together, have good attitudes, and don't have any controversies. I can see why you wouldn't like them. They are the complete opposite of the Sox.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]It's sad that I'm 15 and all these people are blowing up. They obviously don't know what it means to be a fan. You stick with your team through thick and thin don't stop watching the games because your team is losing that's pathetic. Most of you have been "Fans" since before we won a world series in 2004... You should know what it's like to not have th best team. Tell me how many teams would do good with your team mvp on the DL. We have Lackey, DiceK, Jenks, Ells, Craw, Kalish, and Bailey on the DL. Do you know how hard that is to survive through? I live in Florida and I watch the pitch by pitch every single day and whenever a game is televised I watch it as intently as possible knowing it doesn't happen that much. He!!, I even wear Red Sox jerseys to school knowing that the rays fans will ridicule me. Jeez, some of you need to learn the true definition of being a fan.
    Posted by zack5042[/QUOTE]

zach...i  didnt realize you were 15....that is a good attitude - you just have to understand some of us have had it with beckett and this team of whiners

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]Don't drink and "drive"! LOL

Good one!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : zach...i  didnt realize you were 15....that is a good attitude - you just have to understand some of us have had it with beckett and this team of whiners
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    I've been watching them through the stints they've had here. My favorite players went from Trot, to Beckett and when Pedey came he became my favorite quickly. But Beckett still used to be one of my favorite players and I will cheer for him no matter what.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I just think for the money that Beckett is getting, the fans deserve a bit more effort and a lot less attitude.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]It's sad that I'm 15 and all these people are blowing up. They obviously don't know what it means to be a fan. You stick with your team through thick and thin don't stop watching the games because your team is losing that's pathetic. Most of you have been "Fans" since before we won a world series in 2004... You should know what it's like to not have th best team. Tell me how many teams would do good with your team mvp on the DL. We have Lackey, DiceK, Jenks, Ells, Craw, Kalish, and Bailey on the DL. Do you know how hard that is to survive through? I live in Florida and I watch the pitch by pitch every single day and whenever a game is televised I watch it as intently as possible knowing it doesn't happen that much. He!!, I even wear Red Sox jerseys to school knowing that the rays fans will ridicule me. Jeez, some of you need to learn the true definition of being a fan.

Hey Zack - I've been watching since 1976.....Never gave up my 2004 team because THEY never gave up.  Watched games during some really lean years and it never bothered me....Live near NYC and got teased by EVERYONE I know - even family members.....So I know what it is like.  But let me tell you something - this is different.  Last year 90% of the team gave up and it has carried over to this year.  If they don't care, I don't care.  Beckett and few other bad apples are ruining it for us.  Not to mention that Theo stuck us w/ the check.........I can tell you this - they have a chance to be good next year if Ben is smart.  But honestly, no chance this year and one too many jerks on this team.......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Texas is my second fav team exam. was just saying today I wish I could see more of their games. would love to see them finally go all way this year

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

zack don't let us ruin your spirit... Smile

we all love the Red Sox and I wish I could still see them like I did at 15.... you are fortunate.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lstboss. Show lstboss's posts

zack, it has nothing to do with being a true fan, it is an adult reaction not to put up with sub-par performances, whether it is in your job or school systems, professional sports or what have you. I am sure no one here is giving up on our team, they are just frustrated with these guys being paid millions of dollars and not doing the best they can do.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to "Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Hey Zack - I've been watching since 1976.....Never gave up my 2004 team because THEY never gave up.  Watched games during some really lean years and it never bothered me....Live near NYC and got teased by EVERYONE I know - even family members.....So I know what it is like.  But let me tell you something - this is different.  Last year 90% of the team gave up and it has carried over to this year.  If they don't care, I don't care.  Beckett and few other bad apples are ruining it for us.  Not to mention that Theo stuck us w/ the check.........I can tell you this - they have a chance to be good next year if Ben is smart.  But honestly, no chance this year and one too many jerks on this team....... Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE] If Ben is smart? He worked right with Theo on all those terrible deals. He's as guilty as Theo.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

yea zack...were just p'd off....we still have pedey, agon is coming around, papi, and ells returning...better days

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Hey Zack - I've been watching since 1976.....Never gave up my 2004 team because THEY never gave up.  Watched games during some really lean years and it never bothered me....Live near NYC and got teased by EVERYONE I know - even family members.....So I know what it is like.  But let me tell you something - this is different.  Last year 90% of the team gave up and it has carried over to this year.  If they don't care, I don't care.  Beckett and few other bad apples are ruining it for us.  Not to mention that Theo stuck us w/ the check.........I can tell you this - they have a chance to be good next year if Ben is smart.  But honestly, no chance this year and one too many jerks on this team.......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    You seriously think these guys don't care? This is their life. Tell Dustin, Papi, Ellsbury (Who worked hard to be his best last year), Lester (Who battled through cancer to return to baseball) they don't care and those are the most obvious ones.  Beckett goes out with a chip on his shoulder almost every night. Nava took Growth hormones just so he could play baseball through highschool and now that he made it he's not going to give up. There are plenty more people who care. If they didn't care they wouldn't be here believe me. They would be home with their millions of dollars and their wife sitting back and chilling.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Never seen a pop up like that one.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Hey Zack - I've been watching since 1976.....Never gave up my 2004 team because THEY never gave up.  Watched games during some really lean years and it never bothered me....Live near NYC and got teased by EVERYONE I know - even family members.....So I know what it is like.  But let me tell you something - this is different.  Last year 90% of the team gave up and it has carried over to this year.  If they don't care, I don't care.  Beckett and few other bad apples are ruining it for us.  Not to mention that Theo stuck us w/ the check.........I can tell you this - they have a chance to be good next year if Ben is smart.  But honestly, no chance this year and one too many jerks on this team.......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]Seriously? You never ever gave up on the 2004 team? I did. Right after the Yankees pasted them. But then again I'm a bad fan.