Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox:
    In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Texas is my second fav team exam. was just saying today I wish I could see more of their games. would love to see them finally go all way this year
    Posted by J-BAY

Get Extra Innings..........They are on FOX Southwest...Broadcasts are boring as heck (assuming they still have Josh Lewin).....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

I know you're all frustrated... I'm frustrated to but so many of these posts are so over the top. What do you expect the ownership to do? When over 70 million dollars is on the DL there is nothing you can do. We can't just rebuild our team and have no spots for the people on the DL to return to then what do we do? Release the players we just traded for? We have a good team they're just slumping. No matter what anyone says i still believe we have one of the best rotations in baseball and besides this start they've been putting it together lately.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lstboss. Show lstboss's posts

Zack, watch every game using these links :

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/

http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/baseball.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to "Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox":
    In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : You seriously think these guys don't care? This is their life. Tell Dustin, Papi, Ellsbury (Who worked hard to be his best last year), Lester (Who battled through cancer to return to baseball) they don't care and those are the most obvious ones.  Beckett goes out with a chip on his shoulder almost every night. Nava took Growth hormones just so he could play baseball through highschool and now that he made it he's not going to give up. There are plenty more people who care. If they didn't care they wouldn't be here believe me. They would be home with their millions of dollars and their wife sitting back and chilling. Posted by zack5042
    Beckett is a bum who has a bad attitude. Sox will be much better off without him. He has poisoned Lester and Buchholz.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Big hit needed here...right man at bat...Go Sox!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Zack, watch every game using these links : http://www.firstrowsports.eu/ http://www.vipbox.tv/sports/baseball.html
    Posted by lstboss

Firstrow hasn't had them lately but i'll check VIP tomorrow.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : You seriously think these guys don't care? This is their life. Tell Dustin, Papi, Ellsbury (Who worked hard to be his best last year), Lester (Who battled through cancer to return to baseball) they don't care and those are the most obvious ones.  Beckett goes out with a chip on his shoulder almost every night. Nava took Growth hormones just so he could play baseball through highschool and now that he made it he's not going to give up. There are plenty more people who care. If they didn't care they wouldn't be here believe me. They would be home with their millions of dollars and their wife sitting back and chilling.
    Posted by zack5042

At the end of last season I could count they guys who cared on one hand:

Pedrio, Ortiz, and Ellsbury who you mentioned plus Scutaro and Aceves

maybe you could add Achtinson, Aviles, Papelbon

Youk gets a pass for being on the DL

But Lester and Beckett?  No chance.  They were done and it was obvious.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Seriously? You never ever gave up on the 2004 team? I did. Right after the Yankees pasted them. But then again I'm a bad fan.
    Posted by carnie

i was resigned that we were going to lose but i never stopped cheering...and after that first game, i was CONVINCED we were winning that series.....i could feel the karma....the only thing i feel w/this group is heartburn

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

In response to "Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox": Beckett is a bum who has a bad attitude. Sox will be much better off without him. He has poisoned Lester and Buchholz.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame

Poisoned? They have a mind of their own... What is this Adult peer pressure?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I know you're all frustrated... I'm frustrated to but so many of these posts are so over the top. What do you expect the ownership to do? When over 70 million dollars is on the DL there is nothing you can do. We can't just rebuild our team and have no spots for the people on the DL to return to then what do we do? Release the players we just traded for? We have a good team they're just slumping. No matter what anyone says i still believe we have one of the best rotations in baseball and besides this start they've been putting it together lately.
    Posted by zack5042

That's right.  Theo Epstein is paying more in dead contracts than the entire active payrolls of the Rays and The Royals - The Royals who just mopped the floor with us......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

First, irrespective what the Celtics do and they have their hands full tonight so far with the Hawks shooting over 50% & winning rebound battle as usual, I will root for the Lakers to lose and then watch all Yankee games I can and root for the other team !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to "Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox": Beckett is a bum who has a bad attitude. Sox will be much better off without him. He has poisoned Lester and Buchholz.

BINGO

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : At the end of last season I could count they guys who cared on one hand: Pedrio, Ortiz, and Ellsbury who you mentioned plus Scutaro and Aceves maybe you could add Achtinson, Aviles, Papelbon Youk gets a pass for being on the DL But Lester and Beckett?  No chance.  They were done and it was obvious.
    Posted by andrewmitch

You can't see who cares by appearance. I guarantee you that Agon cared.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

One bad apple spoils the whole bunch. Beckett was the beer and chicken ring leader.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

One bad apple spoils the whole bunch. Beckett was the beer and chicken ring leader.

You spelled Lackey wrong.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Poisoned? They have a mind of their own... What is this Adult peer pressure?
    Posted by zack5042

That's the problem, Zack.  Lester and Buck ain't adults nor is Beckett.  These guys have been told they are special and have had money and woman thrown at them since they were teenagers.  They have never really grown up.  Don't have a clue about reality.  It shows when they talk and how they carry themselves......Make no mistake about it - they are NOT role models.  No athlete is or should be.  THEY ARE STRANGERS!!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

As it is comprised now, this team's play is truly a total embarrassment. I haven't seen play this bad in almost 40 years.

The outfield play is atrocious.

Half the lineup should be hitting off a tee.

Don't remember the last time I saw the entire starting rotation sitting in the toilet. 

The manager, who may be gone soon, is a moron. 

I keep thinking 'oh well, it gonna get better'. But, each night it seems to get worse. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : i was resigned that we were going to lose but i never stopped cheering...and after that first game, i was CONVINCED we were winning that series.....i could feel the karma....the only thing i feel w/this group is heartburn
    Posted by georom4

Millar kept my spirits up.  His positive attitude was infectious, no matter how bad things seemed he always made me laugh.  I think they need to resign him for some comic reliefWink

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : That's the problem, Zack.  Lester and Buck ain't adults nor is Beckett.  These guys have been told they are special and have had money and woman thrown at them since they were teenagers.  They have never really grown up.  Don't have a clue about reality.  It shows when they talk and how they carry themselves......Make no mistake about it - they are NOT role models.  No athlete is or should be.  THEY ARE STRANGERS!!!!!!!
    Posted by andrewmitch

But you're telling me everyone that bashes these people are grown up? Seriously? You're holding a grudge on someone you don't know for dumb reasons and because they don't live up to the expectations YOU set for them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to "Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox":
    In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : You spelled Lackey wrong. Posted by zack5042
    No I got it right. B-E-C-K-E-T-T.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : You can't see who cares by appearance. I guarantee you that Agon cared.
    Posted by zack5042

AGone IMO did NOT care.  He complained about the doubleheader and his stats fell of late in the season........I just didn't see him into it.  He never hustles down the line.....and his AB vs the DH on Sunday was a complete and total embarassment - made me think of Manny's "bat on his shoulder for 3 straight" appearance vs Rivera in 2008.......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lstboss. Show lstboss's posts

I still cant believe we cant hit D Lowe, he is a has been and is a # 5 at best. We should be tearing him up like Beckett

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Zack , Turn off that T.V. and do your homework .  Right now !!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

If this part is true, the dump those guys too. What kind of men are they if their demeanor, work ethic, etc. is determined by another person. Why should fans want sheep like that?

Why are so many who want to lynch Beckett willing to give Lester and Buchholz a pass for being meak children who can't control their own lives instead of manning up and doing what's right. Are they 15-year-olds who can's stand up to peer pressure. I have a bigger problem with that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : But you're telling me everyone that bashes these people are grown up? Seriously? You're holding a grudge on someone you don't know for dumb reasons and because they don't live up to the expectations YOU set for them.
    Posted by zack5042

Zack, I like to see good, clean, hard-noised baseball by guys who put the TEAM ahead of themselves.  I certainly do not see that too many of the guys on this team and quite frankly, I have NEVER seen this before on any Sox team.  They are the laughing stock of baseball.  This never would have flown in teams of the past - The Jim Rice's and Don Baylors and Curt Schillings would have corrected that in a hearbeat......

Sections
Shortcuts