Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : But you're telling me everyone that bashes these people are grown up? Seriously? You're holding a grudge on someone you don't know for dumb reasons and because they don't live up to the expectations YOU set for them.
    Posted by zack5042[/QUOTE]

When a team pays a player 15 mil+ a year, the fans and the FO have a right to expect very big performance from these guys.  In the real world...if you don't perform up to expectations...you are FIRED.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

[QUOTE]Zack , Turn off that T.V. and do your homework .  Right now !!!!
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    1. I don't have HW. 2. I'd rather watch the Red Sox :p

And to the comment about how DLowe is a #5 at best... You do realize not counting today he is 4-1 with a 2.39 ERA.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Beckett did not poison Buchholz.  Buch is just a headcase who will never live up to his physical talent unless he develops some mental toughness.  Say what you want about Beckett, but he isn't lacking in that department.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]As it is comprised now, this team's play is truly a total embarrassment. I haven't seen play this bad in almost 40 years. The outfield play is atrocious.   Half the lineup should be hitting off a tee. Don't remember the last time I saw the entire starting rotation sitting in the toilet.  The manager, who may be gone soon, is a moron.  I keep thinking 'oh well, it gonna get better'. But, each night it seems to get worse. 
    Posted by soxdawg08[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  I tune in thinking the real red sox will show up tonight but I'm continually disappointed.  I think pap saw the writing on the wall so he got out of boston as fast as he could.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to "Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox": [QUOTE]Zack , Turn off that T.V. and do your homework .  Right now !!!! Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE] LOL. He will learn more by doing homework than watching this sorry excuse for a major league baseball team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : When a team pays a player 15 mil+ a year, the fans and the FO have a right to expect very big performance from these guys.  In the real world...if you don't perform up to expectations...you are FIRED.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]
    That comment goes to what two people? Beckett and Lackey? Beckett pitched fantastic last year, I don't care what anybody says. Lackey... I wish he would get fired.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox": LOL. He will learn more by doing homework than watching this sorry excuse for a major league baseball team.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame[/QUOTE]
    Yeah... and same applies to this forum. You are a sorry excuse for a Red Sox fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : That comment goes to what two people? Beckett and Lackey? Beckett pitched fantastic last year, I don't care what anybody says. Lackey... I wish he would get fired.

Last year the Sox paid a team 170 mil to miss the playoffs...you tell me who didn't perform up to expectations.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHBALLFAN. Show NHBALLFAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Yeah... and same applies to this forum. You are a sorry excuse for a Red Sox fan.
     WOW !! Just as you're starting to like this kid.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Yeah... and same applies to this forum. You are a sorry excuse for a Red Sox fan.
    Posted by zack5042[/QUOTE]Zack Cool Put him on ignore, you'll like lifr better

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Zack - 4 out of 5 of Beckett 's last starts were really poor including his last 2 which were terrible outings - the last one especially when he gave up 2 BOMBS and 4 BB's in essentially a must win fighting for your life game......So please do not say he pitched "fantastic" last year.  Maybe for awhile.  But as I said, the TEXAS TOUGH GUY can not make it past Aug 1st anymore........He's a LOAD!!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to "Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : That comment goes to what two people? Beckett and Lackey? Beckett pitched fantastic last year, I don't care what anybody says. Lackey... I wish he would get fired. Posted by zack5042[/QUOTE] Yeah, he was fantastic in September wasn't he?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Beckett great start tonight after nice round of golf.  2 innings 7 hit 7 runs.  Nice job.  Way to be a leader when the Sox need you Josh.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Zack - you're better than that.  Don't get caught up in the name calling.  Ain't worth it. Look at me - I only attack overpaid millionaires who ruin my beloved Sox!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Last year the Sox paid a team 170 mil to miss the playoffs...you tell me who didn't perform up to expectations.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]
    Let's see... Lackey... Crawford (But Crawford was probably the person trying the hardest out of everyone). Youk's stats were down. Dice K.... Jenks... Yep that's all I can think of.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i dont argue with teens, i teach them....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

[QUOTE]Zack - 4 out of 5 of Beckett 's last starts were really poor including his last 2 which were terrible outings - the last one especially when he gave up 2 BOMBS and 4 BB's in essentially a must win fighting for your life game......So please do not say he pitched "fantastic" last year.  Maybe for awhile.  But as I said, the TEXAS TOUGH GUY can not make it past Aug 1st anymore........He's a LOAD!!!!!!!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    Beckett had a 2.89 ERA last season... Beckett also had an injury he wasn't fully recovered from when he was pitching in september.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Let's see... Lackey... Crawford (But Crawford was probably the person trying the hardest out of everyone). Youk's stats were down. Dice K.... Jenks... Yep that's all I can think of.

Crawford?  I can maybe deal with the fact that he's a butcher in the field but there is no amount of lack of talent to refuse to hit your cut off man.  And that's Crawford.  Based on just that fact alone I can say he wasn't trying and wasn't being a team player......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to "Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Yeah... and same applies to this forum. You are a sorry excuse for a Red Sox fan. Posted by zack5042[/QUOTE] I love the red sox and I have seen more games than you'll ever see. I have cried a lot of tears in 55 years of being a Sox fan. I'm named after Ted Williams and my daughter is named after Carl Y. Don' t tell me what kind of Red Sox fan I am. I know crap when I see it. You are too young to see the lack of effort. You actually are defending Beckett. You are the only one on this board doing that. Does't that tell you something? Now do your homework.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Zack - you're better than that.  Don't get caught up in the name calling.  Ain't worth it. Look at me - I only attack overpaid millionaires who ruin my beloved Sox!
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    Well, I've seen his posts lately and I haven't liked them. He sounds more like a mixture of Softlaw and Babe then a red sox fan. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

zack

Most of us have followed the sox for many years, we are not bandwagon fans from 04'

We have seen good and bad teams and yes your'e right when you say we should support our team.

The lack of effort, bad pitching and bad fielding is unacceptable.  These guys make big bucks so they should leave everything out on the field but I don't see that happening.

I was at camden yards last year for the sox last games.  You could see the lack of hustle and feel the malaise coming from the team. 

Yes you should cheer the sox but you should never praise the lack of effort of some of these players, beckett is certainly one of them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Beckett is fine. He was just a little " under par " tonight.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Beckett had a 2.89 ERA last season... Beckett also had an injury he wasn't fully recovered from when he was pitching in september.

Zack - the 2.89 is an AVERAGE.  Averages do not illustrate consistency.  He was soo terrible in September. 

You want a guy who will consistently give you a hit a game or hold the other team to 3 runs or less start after start.  You will win much more games than having guys who get 2 hits one night, and zero the next....Or hold the team to 1 run one start and give up 5 or more the next......So you can not look at averages....Look at Beckett's stats since 2008 from Aug 1 on each year.......He falls apart.  That is not what we need from a guy making his kind of money......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to "Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Beckett had a 2.89 ERA last season... Beckett also had an injury he wasn't fully recovered from when he was pitching in september. Posted by zack5042[/QUOTE] Probably got hurt playing golf.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

If there is a silver lining in all of this...the Sox get to take a good look at the farm system while looking for a way out of these doldrums.