Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox

My biggest concern is that even Pedrioa is going to start to feel this and be negatively affected by it...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox:
    In response to "Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox": I love the red sox and I have seen more games than you'll ever see. I have cried a lot of tears in 55 years of being a Sox fan. I'm named after Ted Williams and my daughter is named after Carl Y. Don' t tell me what kind of Red Sox fan I am. I know crap when I see it. You are too young to see the lack of effort. You actually are defending Beckett. You are the only one on this board doing that. Does't that tell you something? Now do your homework.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame

You're attacking a guy for pitching one bad game. After coming off of an injury... Omg he ate fried chicken and drank beer! Sounds like every other person in this world to me. Omg he played golf... Such a contact sport I'm suprised he didn't get a season ending injury! The guy has a 2.89 ERA the year before yet he did "Awful" last season... Does that say something to you? You act like he's the only pitcher that has done bad this season... Doubrant has had his share of bad starts yet everyone seems to like him same with bard. Lester has had some bad starts. Buchholz has had a lot of bad starts. Aaron Cook had a bad start. You're letting the media get to you... Why?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Wow!  He is gonna have to play when Youk comes back...that should be interesting.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

If there is a silver lining in all of this...the Sox get to take a good look at the farm system while looking for a way out of these doldrums.
    Posted by traven

Yeah but what FARM System?

We needed a CF and the best we could do was go outside and trade for Bird?  I mean, the only CF'er we have in our entire system is Ellsbury.  Huge RED FLAG.  Our farm system must be a joke.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

I believe the Sox will win this game. Anyone else want to put their rally caps on?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : You're attacking a guy for pitching one bad game. After coming off of an injury... Omg he ate fried chicken and drank beer! Sounds like every other person in this world to me. Omg he played golf... Such a contact sport I'm suprised he didn't get a season ending injury! The guy has a 2.89 ERA the year before yet he did "Awful" last season... Does that say something to you? You act like he's the only pitcher that has done bad this season... Doubrant has had his share of bad starts yet everyone seems to like him same with bard. Lester has had some bad starts. Buchholz has had a lot of bad starts. Aaron Cook had a bad start. You're letting the media get to you... Why?
    Posted by zack5042

Zack - do some homework and tell me how good Beckett was at the END of the year:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.cgi?id=beckejo02&t=p&year=2011

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I believe the Sox will win this game. Anyone else want to put their rally caps on?
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

No thanks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to "Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox":
    In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : You're attacking a guy for pitching one bad game. After coming off of an injury... Omg he ate fried chicken and drank beer! Sounds like every other person in this world to me. Omg he played golf... Such a contact sport I'm suprised he didn't get a season ending injury! The guy has a 2.89 ERA the year before yet he did "Awful" last season... Does that say something to you? You act like he's the only pitcher that has done bad this season... Doubrant has had his share of bad starts yet everyone seems to like him same with bard. Lester has had some bad starts. Buchholz has had a lot of bad starts. Aaron Cook had a bad start. You're letting the media get to you... Why? Posted by zack5042
    One bad game? What is his E.R.A since September? The only person who has gone down hill faster is Obama.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Zack - the 2.89 is an AVERAGE.  Averages do not illustrate consistency.  He was soo terrible in September.  You want a guy who will consistently give you a hit a game or hold the other team to 3 runs or less start after start.  You will win much more games than having guys who get 2 hits one night, and zero the next....Or hold the team to 1 run one start and give up 5 or more the next......So you can not look at averages....Look at Beckett's stats since 2008 from Aug 1 on each year.......He falls apart.  That is not what we need from a guy making his kind of money......
    Posted by andrewmitch
    You're right I guess the Yankees should drop CC for being inconsistent this season... While their at it they can drop Ivan Nova... 
    LAA should drop Haren... 
    Cleveland should drop Ubaldo and masterson...
    Brewers should drop Yovani...
    Marlins should drop Johnson...
    Rays should drop moore.
    They've all been inconsisten so far they should all get dropped.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Yeah but what FARM System? We needed a CF and the best we could do was go outside and trade for Bird?  I mean, the only CF'er we have in our entire system is Ellsbury.  Huge RED FLAG.  Our farm system must be a joke.....
    Posted by andrewmitch

Agree with you there.  Pitching and OF help seem to be woefully lacking down on the farm...even trade value seems to be lacking there too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Well. I'm off this thread. I hope Papi, young Will and Adrian can put on a comeback, but the pessimists have taken over this thread.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : You're right I guess the Yankees should drop CC for being inconsistent this season... While their at it they can drop Ivan Nova...  LAA should drop Haren...  Cleveland should drop Ubaldo and masterson... Brewers should drop Yovani... Marlins should drop Johnson... Rays should drop moore. They've all been inconsisten so far they should all get dropped.
    Posted by zack5042

Zack - you aren't doing the proper analysis.  Beckett hasn't been able to pitch effectively in any season beyond Aug 1st since 2007.  In addition, he has been trending down since last August and it's carried over now into this year plus he is incredibly injury prone.........throw the $ factor into stir in a little Texas Tough Guy attitude and whola - you get yourself a real piece of work

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : You're right I guess the Yankees should drop CC for being inconsistent this season... While their at it they can drop Ivan Nova...  LAA should drop Haren...  Cleveland should drop Ubaldo and masterson... Brewers should drop Yovani... Marlins should drop Johnson... Rays should drop moore. They've all been inconsisten so far they should all get dropped.
    Posted by zack5042

High paid players that don't do well generally don't get standing ovations from fans each time they perform like Beckett did tonight.  CC is on his way to 4-0 tonight...Nova has lost once in his last 17 games...not good examples.  The others I didn't look up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Posted by YOUKILLUS20

wth  why not? im still watching....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

In response to "Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox": One bad game? What is his E.R.A since September? The only person who has gone down hill faster is Obama.

That would be a 5.06 ERA not including today. Thats including two injuries... What's your point?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

I love Josh Beckett. Who here doesn't't think he won't make the all star team? Cy young? He is a shoe in for that. Go Josh.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Evening all, dare I ask?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : That would be a 5.06 ERA not including today. Thats including two injuries... What's your point? Posted by zack5042
    My point is that he sucks. He has a bad attitude and he is arrogant. He needs to be traded.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Evening all, dare I ask?
    Posted by upperco1
    It's ugly

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : That would be a 5.06 ERA not including today. Thats including two injuries... What's your point? Posted by zack5042
    I am impressed that you figured that out so fast but add at least another run after tonight.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : That would be a 5.06 ERA not including today. Thats including two injuries... What's your point?
    Posted by zack5042

not to mention his 5.48 ERA last September which is, how do I put it...uh, very not good.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : It's ugly
    Posted by carnie

The game, the postings, or both?  LOL  Who got moved for Nava?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

In response to "Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox": My point is that he sucks. He has a bad attitude and he is arrogant. He needs to be traded.

Maybe he should be traded. But does it look like that's going to happen anytime soon? You're complaining about our starting pitchers yet you want us to trade away a starter? Do you honestly think you will get a better pitcher than Beckett by trading beckett? How can you say anything about a bad attitude when all your posts sound like you have a grudge on this team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : The game, the postings, or both?  LOL  Who got moved for Nava?
    Posted by upperco1

Both. And Mort unfortunately.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts