Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]Evening all, dare I ask?
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]

Beckett had his usual sparkling outing...held the Indians to 7 runs in 2 1/3 innings.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In an exhaustive chronicle of the Red Sox's collapse, the Boston Globe portrays a dysfunctional organization at several levels, from upper management coddling disgruntled players by offering them yacht trips and headphones, to a manager marginalized by personal problems and outsized egos, to players described as the "least dedicated group" in Francona's eight-year tenure.

The Globe story -- based on numerous interviews with individuals familiar with the Red Sox organization, many requesting anonymity for fear of reprisal -- indicates a clubhouse that was fractured by varying levels of effort and commitment:

For every player committed to the team's conditioning program, there was a slacker. For every Sox regular who rose early on the road to take optional batting practice, there were others who never bothered. For every player who dedicated himself to the quest for a championship, there were too many distracted by petty personal issues.

This atmosphere seemingly was enabled by upper management; Francona, ultimately, was powerless to reverse it.

This is an account of last years collapse.  The players complained about the schedule so one of the owners took the players for a cruise on his yacht and gave them presents.  This is a spoiled bunch of guys.

They make millions yet complained about a double header.  They should all grow a spine, man up and stop whining.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

LASER SHOW TIME LETS GO RALLY TIME

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Beckett had his usual sparkling outing...held the Indians to 7 runs in 2 1/3 innings.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

Maybe he needs another $68 Million extension to motivate him

I really do not think Theo could have ever really been a Red Sox fan

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

My daughter had a music concert tonight at her school and I just turned it on. Geez, I hope Josh had a better golf game than the way he pitched tonight. With the way this team is playing I am not watching them like I use to be glued to the TV. I am spending more time with my daughters. If it keeps up as bad as its going I am going to cancel the FiOS for the rest of the summer and save myself a few bucks that way. This team is not worth it and what they did in the offseason really perturbed me going into the season. The fans are frustrated and are calling for trading people which is rediculous at this point. If it keeps up as bad as I think its going to be, some of these underachievers will be available at the trade deadline. Hopefully we can get another teams high prospects or their lungs for these guys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to "Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Maybe he should be traded. But does it look like that's going to happen anytime soon? You're complaining about our starting pitchers yet you want us to trade away a starter? Do you honestly think you will get a better pitcher than Beckett by trading beckett? How can you say anything about a bad attitude when all your posts sound like you have a grudge on this team. Posted by zack5042[/QUOTE] I want them to win but most of all I want to see them try and care. I don't think Beckett tries or cares. That bothers me. Anybody who skips a start because of a sore lat and then plays golf does't care.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]LASER SHOW TIME LETS GO RALLY TIME
    Posted by zack5042[/QUOTE]

One of the few things worth watching these days

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Well Pedey doesn't quit

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Maybe he needs another $68 Million extension to motivate him I really do not think Theo could have ever really been a Red Sox fan
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Maybe the Yanks had Theo on their payroll...that would at least explain some of those moves he made.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox": I want them to win but most of all I want to see them try and care. I don't think Beckett tries or cares. That bothers me. Anybody who skips a start because of a sore lat and then plays golf does't care.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame[/QUOTE]
    I really don't think he asked for the game off. He told BV he was a little sore so BV gave him the game off because Aaron needed a shot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

You always get a pass for lack of talent

You never get a pass for lack or heart or for making mental errors

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Maybe the Yanks had Theo on their payroll...that would at least explain some of those moves he made.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

Nice try.  However, I do believe that some of the agents were giving Theo kickbacks.  Only time will tell if such a scanal is unveiled but you remember you heard it hear first.  The contracts Theo handed out were just too insane to be real.  Theo had to have been directly benefiting.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Obviously sleeping with a red sox pillow and a red sox baseball in my hand didn't work so well D:

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]My daughter had a music concert tonight at her school and I just turned it on. Geez, I hope Josh had a better golf game than the way he pitched tonight. With the way this team is playing I am not watching them like I use to be glued to the TV. I am spending more time with my daughters. If it keeps up as bad as its going I am going to cancel the FiOS for the rest if the summer and save myself a few bucks that way. This team is not wirth it and what they did in the offseason really perturbed me going into the season. The fans are frustrated and are calling for trading people which is rediculous at this point. If it keeps up as bad as I think its going to be, some of these underachievers will be available at the trade deadline. Hopefully we can get another teams high prospects or their lungs for these guys.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

My advice is to use this summer to spend more time with your girls

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Beckett had his usual sparkling outing...held the Indians to 7 runs in 2 1/3 innings.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

hi all.. we're going 2-8 to the likes of the o's, a'a and the i's? jeez! guess becks didnt eat enough chicken and drink his customary beer and play enough golf for his lat! this team needs a personlaity infusion!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In response to "Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : I really don't think he asked for the game off. He told BV he was a little sore so BV gave him the game off because Aaron needed a shot. Posted by zack5042[/QUOTE] Doesn't matter whether he asked to skip the start or not. You don't go play golf. Sox had to use DMac in 17 inning game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox": Doesn't matter whether he asked to skip the start or not. You don't go play golf. Sox had to use DMac in 17 inning game.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame[/QUOTE]
    They didn't HAVE to. Mort was still in the bullpen BV decided not to pitch him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]hi all.. we're going 2-8 to the likes of the o's, a'a and the i's? jeez! guess becks didnt eat enough chicken and drink his customary beer and play enough golf for his lat! this team needs a personlaity infusion!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

We ARE the weaker teams now.  Teams like the O's and A's and uh Royals EXPECT to beat us when they come to Fenway.  Anything less than 2 out of 3 for them is an embarassment..........Tables, Turned.......Thanks, Theo!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]My daughter had a music concert tonight at her school and I just turned it on. Geez, I hope Josh had a better golf game than the way he pitched tonight. With the way this team is playing I am not watching them like I use to be glued to the TV. I am spending more time with my daughters. If it keeps up as bad as its going I am going to cancel the FiOS for the rest of the summer and save myself a few bucks that way. This team is not worth it and what they did in the offseason really perturbed me going into the season. The fans are frustrated and are calling for trading people which is rediculous at this point. If it keeps up as bad as I think its going to be, some of these underachievers will be available at the trade deadline. Hopefully we can get another teams high prospects or their lungs for these guys.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

I just knew this year was going to be a total Cluster ***k after the complete meltdown last year and the lack of player house cleaning over the off season.
    Based on that I didn't renew my DirecTV baseball package this year.....Cha Ching.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : Texas is my second fav team exam. was just saying today I wish I could see more of their games. would love to see them finally go all way this year Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] Don't have mlbtv? You could watch them there if/when the Sox season gets out of control. I still have the hope that the Reds can catch the hated Cardinals, so at least i'll have something to keep my interest.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox": [QUOTE]My daughter had a music concert tonight at her school and I just turned it on. Geez, I hope Josh had a better golf game than the way he pitched tonight. With the way this team is playing I am not watching them like I use to be glued to the TV. I am spending more time with my daughters. If it keeps up as bad as its going I am going to cancel the FiOS for the rest of the summer and save myself a few bucks that way. This team is not worth it and what they did in the offseason really perturbed me going into the season. The fans are frustrated and are calling for trading people which is rediculous at this point. If it keeps up as bad as I think its going to be, some of these underachievers will be available at the trade deadline. Hopefully we can get another teams high prospects or their lungs for these guys. Posted by AL34[/QUOTE] Al, I think we're all going to find that we have more important things to do in real life than sit around watching crap like this for 3-4 hours EVERY NIGHT OF THE SUMMER.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Indians at Red Sox : you know it's quite possible THEO was and is an idiot.
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]

LMAO!