Thursday's Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees Beckett vs. Sabathia

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees Beckett vs. Sabathia

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees Beckett vs. Sabathia:
    [QUOTE]Predictions anyone--Who hits round-trippers for Sox tonight?  Says here Youk & Cameron.
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]count on a bat flip from papi, drew off the bench with one and perhaps lowrie from the right hand side.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

NESN is saying it will be a 10:30 PM start.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Surprised that they'll play this one...I thought satan's team was holding out by keeping the tarp down so they won't be swept

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Wow, a 10:30 start to a Red Sox/Yankees game. Great! Gonna be a looooong night. Good thing I don't have to go to work in the morning!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

I agree that youk and cameron will go deep.  If Scutaro was closer to 100%, he could also

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

I'm gonna be up all night.  By the way, I HATE the Miami Heat with a passion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

NESN.com says that Pedroia's exam revealed "no structural damage". Now this is great news, but I'm not sure what it means. Tito said he's had a cartilage issue since last year. Does no structural damage mean there is no cartilage issue after all? And if it was just a bone bruise, why has it been three weeks and he's still having trouble? Just curious, anyone seen any answers to this?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I don't like the Miami Heat either Jim, I loathe Mark Cuban, but I loathe the Heat more.  That whole display last summer was sickening. Go Mavs!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees Beckett vs. Sabathia:
    [QUOTE]summer, I had the same thought.  I think it is a sign that Scutaro's shoulder is NOT 100%.  His lollipop throw on the Posada dribbler two nights ago seems to be symptomatic. It seems that Francona is saying that Lowrie is the better SS, and 2b is a wash or in Scutaro's favor (which I find hard to believe), OR that Scutaro's arm needs protecting by moving him to 2B, much like they did at the end of the season last year.  Just my thoughts.
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

More than reasonable to think that, par. It addresses the concern about the switch, but it reinforces my opinion re:  Tito's tendencies to favor veterans.  Heck, Tito is more and more resembling Don Zimmer and his man-crush on Butch Hobson from years ago.

But I digress.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Hey all ... Go Sox, and Go Mavs (in that order)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

I'm no doctor!

[QUOTE]I'm gonna be up all night.  By the way, I HATE the Miami Heat with a passion.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

I'm totally with you on this. I really hope they lose. I actually had nothing against them when they started to make assumptions LeBron was going to the heat with Bosh, it was kinda like a "eh whatever" thing. But I found "The Decision" to be the most pompous, arrogent display ever.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]I don't like the Miami Heat either Jim, I loathe Mark Cuban, but I loathe the Heat more.  That whole display last summer was sickening. Go Mavs!
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Yeah Cuban is an idiot although he was cool on Entourage.  But the Heat freaking kill me.  It used to be the Celtics for full disclosure in the 80's.  But I love KG and Ray so that has all changed.  You know, ML Carr and Ainge.  Most of you guys are Celtic fans but you have to admit that those two were the worst.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]I'm no doctor! In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees Beckett vs. Sabathia : I'm totally with you on this. I really hope they lose. I actually had nothing against them when they started to make assumptions LeBron was going to the heat with Bosh, it was kinda like a "eh whatever" thing. But I found "The Decision" to be the most pompous, arrogent display ever.
    Posted by NUSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.  I stopped talking about that jerk in my house after "the decision".  I always liked Wade.  now, not so much. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Let's Go Sox

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Ells

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Strange question ... during a 3 1/2 hour rain delay, do the beer sales continue? From the sound of the crowd, I'm guessing yes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees Beckett vs. Sabathia : Yeah Cuban is an idiot although he was cool on Entourage.  But the Heat freaking kill me.  It used to be the Celtics for full disclosure in the 80's.  But I love KG and Ray so that has all changed.  You know, ML Carr and Ainge.  Most of you guys are Celtic fans but you have to admit that those two were the worst.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, but didn't he screw over Turtle?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OV. Show OV's posts

Why wait so long to get this game in... its not like they won't play each other again? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday's Game Thread: Red Sox at Yankees Beckett vs. Sabathia : Yeah, but didn't he screw over Turtle?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

LOL...That he did.  By the way, Scutaro swinging at the 3-1 pitch wrecked the inning.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

The fans are lathered up!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Oh great ... who gets plunked for us now?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Throw strikes please

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Beckett set up the big inning with bull spit pitches.  The whole night is changed now.  I can not believe this crap.  Make Jeter hit to get on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Beckett always gets the best of CC....I'm not worried. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

NOT THE START we are looking for.....